Autopsy Round 3 v Brisbane - Friday September 13. 5:05pm @ Brighton Homes Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

0fbcdd3030519c87a8088ffe6175f4e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can we play them here by any chance? lol

"The game will mark the Pies’ fourth consecutive trip to Queensland to take on the two-time premiers, while it is the second year in a row they’ll take to the Lions’ home base of Brighton Homes Arena."

can we play them here by any chance? lol

"The game will mark the Pies’ fourth consecutive trip to Queensland to take on the two-time premiers, while it is the second year in a row they’ll take to the Lions’ home base of Brighton Homes Arena."
Hard work following our girls.

Some - I’ll call it ‘highly irregular’ fixturing - e.g. how often in nine seasons have we played Carlton at Victoria Park? Once?

Having our list raided, and good players drafted by us playing elsewhere. In return we have Bri? Any other star from another club?

Better off going for the first pick tbh. The fact that us and WB are bottom 2 tells you all you need to know about the AFLW.
At least the dogs have a premiership to show for it
Best we have made is.. a prelim v lions?

Hard work following our girls.

Some - I’ll call it ‘highly irregular’ fixturing - e.g. how often in nine seasons have we played Carlton at Victoria Park? Once?

Having our list raided, and good players drafted by us playing elsewhere. In return we have Bri? Any other star from another club?

Lambert gave good service.

At least the dogs have a premiership to show for it
Best we have made is.. a prelim v lions?

Meant we are both foundation clubs and are bottom 2. We would've been better off coming into the comp a few years later like Sydney and raiding everyones lists.

Meant we are both foundation clubs and are bottom 2. We would've been better off coming into the comp a few years later like Sydney and raiding everyones lists.
Yeah, in hindsight, because we were a foundation club, we were ripe for the picking unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pie 4 Life was right.
We need to go backwards before we can go forwards.
Its clear every game we play, our skill, talent, pace compared to some teams is so far behind.
We need to get high picks, more talent. Girls who can kick, with elite skills.

While you can't dispute their effort, which I felt was improved. Especially with pressure and tackling, though on the tackling side, need to stick more tackles as some, a lot are being left out there.

The expansion sides havent helped with able to draft talent, and al the concessions they have had. Then you add us being picked off our best players. Now we have to start from scratch.

Pie 4 Life was right.
We need to go backwards before we can go forwards.
Its clear every game we play, our skill, talent, pace compared to some teams is so far behind.
We need to get high picks, more talent. Girls who can kick, with elite skills.

While you can't dispute their effort, which I felt was improved. Especially with pressure and tackling, though on the tackling side, need to stick more tackles as some, a lot are being left out there.

The expansion sides havent helped with able to draft talent, and al the concessions they have had. Then you add us being picked off our best players. Now we have to start from scratch.
Yep. I’d rather we lose as much as possible to get as high of a pick as possible, cut the list deep, trade in picks and build from the foundation up. Our best players are inside mids, but we lack excitement and X-Factor. Hopefully we can achieve that.

Yep. I’d rather we lose as much as possible to get as high of a pick as possible, cut the list deep, trade in picks and build from the foundation up. Our best players are inside mids, but we lack excitement and X-Factor. Hopefully we can achieve that.
Yup.
I saw someone on twitter say that you'd love a bri davey in the goal square, but is that rob peter to pay paul situation. You'd love two of her.
But x factor, pace (we look so slow compared to the lions girls)
We need more pace down back. I think as good as Livingstone has been, someone that can replace her.
As good as Sabrina is playing, I'd look into a more athletic ruck. Need some tall lead up forwards, someone that can take a contested mark too.
Some speedy, pressure, goal sneak forwards. Basically we need everything.

Eliza has disappointed me. She was so promising, but just can't get near the goals these days. I reckon not since those 4 goals in a final a couple years ago, then she was hampered by injury last year too. I just want to see more out of her.

We are officially the worst side in the AFLW currently. There's every chance we may not even win a game this season.
From what l have seen in the first 3 games, particularly the last fortnight, the skill level is abysmal, and there's no basic football nous.
This season may be the wake up call the club needs to take this program seriously, and strip it back and reset. We need a big influx of talented youth into this side, and there's some "name " players in this side that l would trade out after this season to obtain top end draft picks....
Hope these poor performances don't make Violet Patterson not want to join us next season....

It’s pretty clear and obvious to me what the issues are.

We have zero spread from stoppage. Our HB go 1 foot.
We do the things that require no talent (tackle etc). But we fumble and don’t understand where to position ourselves.

Bris really spread it wide and held their width. We all rush in.
Hence they got it on the outside really easily.

Too many recycled players & VFL upgrades. Who can’t kick and panic with the ball.
So our offense is impossible.

We look like a team that has absolutely no idea what we should be doing off the ball.

When we tried to Play fast, we gave it to someone under pressure “just because”.
The game plan is poor at best with what we have. Never an easy possession. Everything is panicked and players have no idea whether to defend or attack.
It’s pretty damning to be honest.

So many players are not up to it.
Stacker is completely done. Play Cronin and Ruby as key backs.

We blew up off field last year.
Time to completely blow it up on field.

Coach has the rest of the year to work out who stays and who goes.
And the latter needs to be significant….

This yeah probably always an adjustment period, as Sam says here, we are 3 games into a new system
Also at breaking point with injuries don't help. The girls just have to keep learning the system and keep putting in.

Cannot understand how there are so many basic skill errors. These female players are supposed to be the best of the best in the country.
As another poster mentioned, they know how to tackle, which is an action that requires the least amount of skill.
But positioning, kicking, passing, peripheral vision (terrible), leading and kicking on the run are all Under 12-13 standard
Not interested in the "learning the game" excuses, how do they make it to play a sport with a $$ contract and not even have the basic skills? There has been no significant improvement in the skills since the evolution of the AFLW.

We needed to start again.... hopefully, we have done that.

The initial old team was a mistake in retrospect, although we could have stolen a premiership on experience. Since then we have cobbled together teams from leftovers etc........well that's my take.

We need to take our medicine and take the high draft picks...

Why are there so many injuries early in the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3 v Brisbane - Friday September 13. 5:05pm @ Brighton Homes Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Back