Autopsy Round 4 A v Eagles - Tuesday September 17th @ Ikon Park - 7:15pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

We are better off losing every game and getting the number 1 pick. We need to do a major overhaul of our list and it needs to start after this season. Get rid of all the old players and even trade some of the better players if we can get something good for them.

Can’t blame this shit on Davey’s concussion. Eagles started to get on top in the last 5 minutes of the first quarter and were already superior when Davey went down.

Pretty cool that 3 of the 4 vic foundation clubs are now at the bottom.

Pretty obvious this was going to happen.

Awesome work afl. You’re masters at expansion!!!!

I’m waiting on our know-it-all immature hound to turn up and give us a rundown on our list…

We won't win a game this year, and that will be an indictment on a club of our standing, size, financial position and facilities to have such a poor women's program.
I don't understand how simple things in a game of football, like a handball can't be excuted by our women, as their technique is atrocious. Looks like it's the first time some of them have attempted to handball a footy.
Our recruiting of other top line players from other clubs has been non existent in recent times, and players we have brought in have been fringe players at their previous clubs.
I have been a member of the AFLW program the last few years, but that won't continue again until l see the club start taking this program seriously.
Let's start by practically doing what the Richmond men's team is doing, and that's by willingly trading out players of value, and getting top end draft picks, and recruit good young talent into the program.
Would a player like Patterson want to come into this program?

Pretty cool that 3 of the 4 vic foundation clubs are now at the bottom.

Pretty obvious this was going to happen.

Awesome work afl. You’re masters at expansion!!!!

I’m waiting on our know-it-all immature hound to turn up and give us a rundown on our list…
No doubt expansion happened the expense of existing clubs and the expansion clubs also had the benefit of seeing what type of player was required for AFLW

We won't win a game this year, and that will be an indictment on a club of our standing, size, financial position and facilities to have such a poor women's program.
I don't understand how simple things in a game of football, like a handball can't be excuted by our women, as their technique is atrocious. Looks like it's the first time some of them have attempted to handball a footy.
Our recruiting of other top line players from other clubs has been non existent in recent times, and players we have brought in have been fringe players at their previous clubs.
I have been a member of the AFLW program the last few years, but that won't continue again until l see the club start taking this program seriously.
Let's start by practically doing what the Richmond men's team is doing, and that's by willingly trading out players of value, and getting top end draft picks, and recruit good young talent into the program.
I’d also be delisting players who haven’t improved and have the same skills deficiencies after several years on the list. Tall players who can’t mark or ground level players who aren’t clean aren’t going to take us forward with the improved skills of other sides.

I hope Wright has a plan b, because right now the handball game doesn’t suit our list or at the very least our available players.

Eventhough Davey is "Captain", l would be moving her on at the end of this season
I tend to agree, but would like to see what Davey could do as a permanent forward. She’s strong overhead and always looks our most dangerous forward when given the chance.

No doubt expansion happened the expense of existing clubs and the expansion clubs also had the benefit of seeing what type of player was required for AFLW
Don’t discount that the draftees now are significantly better skilled that what was available in 2020 (for example),

Years of development. It shows.

Aflw needs a bit of a reset.
Next year it’s likely Coll, dogs, blues and Melb finish bottom of the ladder.
All foundation clubs…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t blame this shit on Davey’s concussion. Eagles started to get on top in the last 5 minutes of the first quarter and were already superior when Davey went down.

We just have F**k all Really

Very frustrating.
We had a good first quarter, but we rely on bri so once she went out, we couldn't get the ball inside 50.
But getting so many fundamental things wrong. Kicking over the girls heads, not to them. Handballing, or kicking to their feet.

Dogs arent beating Lions, so one of us or dogs will get their first win come sunday.

I’d also be delisting players who haven’t improved and have the same skills deficiencies after several years on the list. Tall players who can’t mark or ground level players who aren’t clean aren’t going to take us forward with the improved skills of other sides.

I hope Wright has a plan b, because right now the handball game doesn’t suit our list or at the very least our available players.
Got any names? Don't disagree with you by the way but interested in who you'd be putting a line through.

I’d be keeping 4 players not up for trade. Bri, Brit, Ruby and Sarah Rowe. Our top 4 are not the problem. If we get some good young mids Bri would be a very dangerous forward an X factor down there where we have no factor. Brit is just our best player, Ruby dual AA with the right players around her could be anything and Rowe is a very classy winger. She’s one of the few players who kicks well on both sides not long but hits a target, plus I love the Irish girls so I’m biased there.

Everyone else is up for grabs. Buttler is one I’d like to keep but not sure. Anyway I know others on here want to get rid of everyone I want to keep, we all have our own opinions mine is not too get rid of everyone and start again, that didn’t work for north in the men’s game. Keep a strong core and draft in some stars. I think it’s open draft now not state based so maybe it’s a very good time to get the top pick.

Anyway if we get anymore injuries they’ll be asking Jen to pull on the boots. I tipping she knows our game plan and tactics as good as the players.

I’d be keeping 4 players not up for trade. Bri, Brit, Ruby and Sarah Rowe. Our top 4 are not the problem. If we get some good young mids Bri would be a very dangerous forward an X factor down there where we have no factor. Brit is just our best player, Ruby dual AA with the right players around her could be anything and Rowe is a very classy winger. She’s one of the few players who kicks well on both sides not long but hits a target, plus I love the Irish girls so I’m biased there.

Everyone else is up for grabs. Buttler is one I’d like to keep but not sure. Anyway I know others on here want to get rid of everyone I want to keep, we all have our own opinions mine is not too get rid of everyone and start again, that didn’t work for north in the men’s game. Keep a strong core and draft in some stars. I think it’s open draft now not state based so maybe it’s a very good time to get the top pick.

Anyway if we get anymore injuries they’ll be asking Jen to pull on the boots. I tipping she knows our game plan and tactics as good as the players.

I would be looking to trade out one of Davey/Bonnici, Schleicher and Rowe/Cann. I think we need to regenerate the list, get the players out that can get us top end draft picks, at least first round picks.
We have some young talent on the list like James, Cronin, Schutte, Clarke etc, along with Patterson who hopefully will want to come into our program, plus we should finish last, which will naturally give us the number 1 pick in the draft. To me that would be a good starting block to rebuilding this team and making it a competitive one over the next few seasons.
If we keep going with what we have now, then this whole program is just going around in circles...

Last edited:
Got any names? Don't disagree with you by the way but interested in who you'd be putting a line through.
Barnett is 29 and kicked her first goal last night, great effort to come from our VFL leading goal kicking to seniors, but hasn’t had same impact the next level up.

Fowler is 32, 42 games is a great achievement, but she’s always been a role player and Frederick who’s been one of the positives this season is preferred in the ruck. Just 2 goals from Fowler across her career.

Barnett is 29 and kicked her first goal last night, great effort to come from our VFL leading goal kicking to seniors, but hasn’t had same impact the next level up.

Fowler is 32, 42 games is a great achievement, but she’s always been a role player and Frederick who’s been one of the positives this season is preferred in the ruck. Just 2 goals from Fowler across her career.
When I read that was her first goal I couldn't believe it. Like, surely not? Given she's meant to be a key forward and been with us for 2 years
She was a big goal kicker in vflw, shows you the big step up between leagues.

When I read that was her first goal I couldn't believe it. Like, surely not? Given she's meant to be a key forward and been with us for 2 years
She was a big goal kicker in vflw, shows you the big step up between leagues.

Does that say more about the patchwork recruiting we do in the AFLW program. We bring in a key forward from our own VFLW side, that lets face it, has been a failed "recruit " in that position. A cheap option, when we could have gone out and recruited / enticed an established key forward from an opposition team, or would that have meant we had to offer more in terms of a contract with us, which the club doesn't really want to spend financially on??
This is what l mean by asking, how seriously does the club take womens sport, like our AFLW program? To me, we look to cut corners when it comes to women sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4 A v Eagles - Tuesday September 17th @ Ikon Park - 7:15pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back