Game Day Round 4 - WCE v Carl - 20/4 @ PS

Remove this Banner Ad

When I was reading the thread last week when we played Melbourne, I laughed when people praised Hill and others for how well he played. DUDES WE PLAYED F**ING MELBOURNE. According to that game, Hill should have stints in the centre square! Last night he was exposed for what he is, a front runner. He didnt chase hard, his tackles didnt stick, the only good thing he did was that pass to gaff.

The only thing that Melbourne game did was give us false confidence in the abilities of our players. We are flat track bullies. Just like last year :(

I was just sitting there watching the game thinking... "Is this circus shit going to end anytime soon?"

I mean we should have been 10 goals up, yet we'll be down by 20pts. Eagles player gets it, has 4 players to give a hands off to, yet instead takes a pressure shot at goal and misses. It was very nearly like they just threw the game. Did nothing right. Rushed when they should have waited. Waited when they should have rushed. Had shots on goal when they could have set somebody up in a better position.

How Sinclair and Razzle miss shots on goal from 20m as PROFESSIONAL athletes who play as a career, when any school kid would slot them is beyond me.

Like I said, I kept thinking "are we gonna come good now?" but the thing is.... we have played like a crap 2010 team all year. The exception being one half against Melbourne. Melbourne.... wow. Hang your hat on that eagles.

And Worsfold.... do you even coach?

No mate dont kid yourself. The problems go deeper than missing goals.

There is a serious attitude problem with the Eagles. I don't know if it is because they read their own press and believed they were premiership material or they have simply had enough of woosha's message. I seriously think its both.

The amount of players infected with getting the easy ball is beyond a joke. I watched Gaff numerous times stand back and allow Carlton players get the ball. this is now Team wide except for a few like Darling and Kerr. Even Cox has lost his usual hunger for the hard ball.

Time to make changes...

I think your going too deep with the negatives so try Positive if we kick those early goals then we wouldn`t even be talking about Gaff and easy balls it all comes down scoreboard pressure and confidence the team tried out check the inside 50`s .Missing easy goals saps energy and keeps other teams in the game ..

I think your going too deep with the negatives so try Positive if we kick those early goals then we wouldn`t even be talking about Gaff and easy balls it all comes down scoreboard pressure and confidence the team tried out check the inside 50`s .Missing easy goals saps energy and keeps other teams in the game ..

And how is bad kicking for goal a positive? We do it consistently.

For some reason we can't get enough of the team playing well each week. Round 1 I thought our defence did really well considering our midfield was getting trounced, round 3 the forwards were firing, kicking bags and taking contested marks, and last night the mids were quite good, winning the inside 50s and clearances, but the forwards butchered it and the defence couldn't stop anything.

For some reason we can't get enough of the team playing well each week. Round 1 I thought our defence did really well considering our midfield was getting trounced, round 3 the forwards were firing, kicking bags and taking contested marks, and last night the mids were quite good, winning the inside 50s and clearances, but the forwards butchered it and the defence couldn't stop anything.
Don't panic, Q.

Your missing the point. Forget about the bad kicking. OK we might have got away with a win if we'd kicked straight but last night was indicative of how its been for 4 games except one quarter against melbourne.

Too many lazy arse footballers. If we, no WHEN we play lazy against the top sides we get blown away like we did against Hawthorn.

Simple really.

Do you think this slow start has anything to do with a plan on peaking for later in the season? Or we're just playing ordinarily?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a myth that we have one of the best forward lines in the league. Absolute rubbish last night.

We are definitely missing the forward pressure of 2011. It was so exciting that year. Now its gone :(
We are also missing a dynamic crumbing small forward that knows where to stand, i.e. at the front of the pack.
But I think we have the two best forward big men in the comp in JK and JD. They just need better service.

It is a myth that we have one of the best forward lines in the league. Absolute rubbish last night.

When you have one player capable of pulling in a good contested mark i'm inclined to agree. It's not helped that our midfield thinks our forwards capable of the big grab and pointlessly drives it to bad contests.

We need to hold onto the ball for longer if we are going to kick into a congested forward 50. Our medium and small forwards are also pretty dull and thrive on un-congested football.

Don't think you can compare Woosha and Ratten - one is a Premiership coach and legend of the club - the other .... not so.
Not comparing the two. Just the situation.

Ratten is a legend of our club...

My curiosity is in reference to whether the club will 'move' him on or not. Not to do with ability or coaching style.

I am beyond sick of conservative ways of MC/Woosha. I dont think he is a particularly outstanding coach, but he sure as shit has no plan B.

Do you think this slow start has anything to do with a plan on peaking for later in the season? Or we're just playing ordinarily?

woosh has always gone in with a '100% every game no matter what' attitude.

i think a part of it is due to naitanui, statistics show our midfield output is better when he's in the center and his presence can add something, plus our ruck division is such a huge strength of ours with both him and cox.

would also be good to get rosa and wellingham back and drop two midfielders. personally i think gaff has been no where near his best, whether thats due to more attention i'm not sure. maybe a game or two in the wafl could help him find a bit of fire and give him a bit of confidence. or maybe he's carrying injury?

woosh has always gone in with a '100% every game no matter what' attitude.

i think a part of it is due to naitanui, statistics show our midfield output is better when he's in the center and his presence can add something, plus our ruck division is such a huge strength of ours with both him and cox.

would also be good to get rosa and wellingham back and drop two midfielders. personally i think gaff has been no where near his best, whether thats due to more attention i'm not sure. maybe a game or two in the wafl could help him find a bit of fire and give him a bit of confidence. or maybe he's carrying injury?

Maybe, or maybe he's just struggling to learn how to break a tag..? When he was let off the leash against Melbourne, he was back to what resembled his previous couple of years. I guess all the rising stars get it eventually.

I am beyond sick of conservative ways of MC/Woosha. I dont think he is a particularly outstanding coach, but he sure as shit has no plan B.

Plan A: Bomb it long to JK and the King
Plan B: Bomb it long to JK and the King
Plan C: Bomb it long to JK and the King

Plan A: Bomb it long to JK and the King
Plan B: Bomb it long to JK and the King
Plan C: Bomb it long to JK and the King
Plan A- Drop punt it long to JK and King
Plan B- Torpedo it long to JK and King
Plan C- Checkside it long JK and King.

can't be just bomb it, need a bit of variety.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 4 - WCE v Carl - 20/4 @ PS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back