Essendon 3.50

Hawthorn 1.35
North Melbourne 3.20

Fremantle 1.05
Richmond 10.20

Carlton 4.50
Geelong 1.21

where is the upset going to come from?
essendon getting up on anzac day? north getting over an out of form hawks?

Hawthorn will no doubt be breathing fire, but i wouldn't be rushing to take the $1.35 about them. Brisbane, having won 4-0 and beating the highly rated Dogs, is there a chance they may subconsciously think the Dees are easier than they may be, while traveling. But most picks look pretty straight forward.

I think people are underselling the ANZAC day clash, despite how either side travels they usually get up for that game regardless and regardless of how woeful Essendon are in fits and spurts the Pies are equally woeful at scoring, so it too should be closer than most expect. Those'd be the 2 to possibly upset with a bit depending on what Port show up as well as while we should account for them, if they can sustain an effort similar to the first half then at home they are a form side to push teams.

Looks straightforward but you be almost sure that there will be at least one upset.

Port can beat anyone on their day. Will be stung by big loss and at home to Saints.

North not without a show against Hawks.

Richmond are always a danger team at Subi. Especially if Rico is on song. Oh wait he's retired, Freo by 60 :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think so wouldn't you? But sadly when it comes to tipping it is seldom that straight forward. The trend that I've noticed from previous years it's that seeing all favourites win their matches in a particular round happens only 2 or 3 times a season.

IMO the danger games are the pies vs dons and dees vs lions.

North has a reasonable chance I would say; they played quite well against Sydney and it was only the last quarter that Swans ran away with it. They also have a decent record against the Hawks. So yeah, if I was going to tip an upset it would be that. But most likely all the favourites will win.

I think people are underselling the ANZAC day clash, despite how either side travels they usually get up for that game regardless and regardless of how woeful Essendon are in fits and spurts the Pies are equally woeful at scoring, so it too should be closer than most expect. Those'd be the 2 to possibly upset with a bit depending on what Port show up as well as while we should account for them, if they can sustain an effort similar to the first half then at home they are a form side to push teams.

Yeah, Anzac Day game is never a given, no matter how either side is going.

Essendon were woeful in fits and spurs last year too but still managed some pretty good wins. On form we'll get smashed this week but who knows.

I think Port, North, West Coast, Melbourne or Carlton are all due for an upset - and of course i would love the bombers to get pummelled but its just never the case is it?!?!?!

Seaby and Mumford have been dominating in the ruck - but cox and nicnat are gonna slaughter them.

From a betting point of view the only real chance I see is the Essendon Pies game

Maybe though, just maybe, Richmond will cause an upset....just maybe....

Remove this Banner Ad

round 5: an easy 8 tips?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back