Round 5 Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Wheelers Hill 1sts had another big win. Geelong College was restricted to about 1.3.9 which WH kicked 18.21.135.

Injuries:
Vossy dislocated his finger but continued playing and kicked 5
Irving got a little slap on the thigh and cried like a baby and couldn't even untie his shoes
Brodie severely injured his ego with a miss from the goal square.

SKC by 8 points against Brighton,
Watts injured, wissel, chivers, cachia, andrews sum of the better players
SKC dominated most of the game but didnt apply scoreboard pressure, leaving the door open for BGS. SKC won the game because of their terrific attack on the ball and solid defence. Players to stand out included Tamarouides(dont know if thats how its spelt) Newman, Wissel and Kennedy.
SKC also clearly won the off the field glamour battle also, with a striking blonde happily parading herself at the Wilding end. Any lads can enlighten us to who she was?

St Kevins were ultra impressive down back and also on the ball. They won a lot more clearances and had more rotation through the middle. I thought they lacked a clear avenue to goal. They had a few players that bobbed up there from time to time, but they seemed to rely on their midfield to create the goals, rather than spotting up good leads.

A very impressive display - I think St Kevins, Caulfield and Xavier are very hard to seperate this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they all beat each other and shared the mug. St Kevins are in form and quite young. Their next few weeks against Xavier and Caulfield will tell the tale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MGS beat Haileybury when they had at least 5 of their best players out due to Metro trials.... Haileybury do not have depth, they have stars...

haileybury 19.23.137 def wesley 5.7.37
was an ok effort by haileybury should have beaten wesley by a lot more. at quarter time haileybury were something like 3.11, and they were easy goals to so a lil bit disappointing but ran it out well and still put an indecisive wesley team away.

[whats happened to melbourne?
i'd say its been a few years since ggs beat mgs(quote)
Hard to win when MGS had 4 of their best backman out. Levy, Rous, Maccioli, Hale.

grammar were missing 6 out of thier 21- marangon, grant, rous, levy, maccioli and hale. most of these players are key position defenders while marangon and grant both missing due to AIS athletics commitments. had they been playing the results may have been swayed but geelong were definatley the better team on the day, played some outstanding footy.

grammar were missing 6 out of thier 21- marangon, grant, rous, levy, maccioli and hale. most of these players are key position defenders while marangon and grant both missing due to AIS athletics commitments. had they been playing the results may have been swayed but geelong were definatley the better team on the day, played some outstanding footy.

Did Measures miss as well to play for NT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 5 Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back