Discussion Round 6, 2018 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I’d love to see us in the peril with royal shorts, we’ve only ever worn white shorts in away derbies for as long as I can remember.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Peril jumper on royal shorts have been worn a few times. In all instances, the peril jumper was a one off jumper.

They did play Fremantle once in this situation, however it was heritage round and Freo wore a white jumper with black shorts.
No one expects Brisbane to just wear their home jumper?
Maroon works a lot better against orange than gold or red.
The most recent time that Brisbane wore their home jumper (not a one off variation), was 2012 against Sydney. So it’s still a possibity. Though I don’t think they have a home jumper with away sponsors on them.

The most recent time that Brisbane wore their home jumper (not a one off variation), was 2012 against Sydney. So it’s still a possibity. Though I don’t think they have a home jumper with away sponsors on them.
Wearing home sponsors for away games doesn't matter for some teams like St.Kilda or Fremantle when they play Geelong.
I would hope that it doesn't matter because orange and maroon could be a nice matchup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would assume Nike will remain and any spares that need to be made up will be CGR that do it.

Also the contract is only temporary. So Nike will continue to make Carltons kits in 2019.
Where did you get this information?

Is it me or is this the weirdest situation ever?

Nike has a contract they clearly stopped caring for 2 years ago.
To save money on the contract they made up cheap and shitty jumpers and shorts in navy blue and grey to match the weird grey jumper they made.
Then after realising they will need white shorts they don't just make more cheap white ones, they subcontract a different manufacturer all together.
They make up crisp white shorts without their logo, but splash it all over their social media channels.
But they will fill in all the gaps Nike just seem to refuse to make up this season.
Then Nike will do it themselves for the final year?

Sounds like either Nike are insane or Carlton cracked it and got CGR in to help out and Nike don't care enough anymore to worry

To save money on the contract they made up cheap and shitty jumpers and shorts in navy blue and grey to match the weird grey jumper they made.
Then after realising they will need white shorts they don't just make more cheap white ones, they subcontract a different manufacturer all together.
They make up crisp white shorts without their logo, but splash it all over their social media channels.
But they will fill in all the gaps Nike just seem to refuse to make up this season.

Sounds like either Nike are insane or Carlton cracked it and got CGR in to help out and Nike don't care enough anymore to worry

From what I've heard Nike couldn't deliver the shorts on time, guess that's what you get when you've got a huge company that isn't fully invested in the sport.

Well, CGR do manufacturer the Northern Blues. So it may be coming from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 6, 2018 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back