Discussion Round 7, 2024 (Anzac Round): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does it need camo, is it really necessary? Would it not still achieve the aim to be a tribute jumper with just the ANZAC logo and poppy, without the unnecessary tacky overlay?

I will never understand why clubs putting out ANZAC jumpers feel the need to include these added design features.

God I hate these ANZAC guernseys with a passion, every year it really makes me sick.

Why do they need to be so over the top? It’s not a competition to show who commemorates more than anyone else, a simple poppy or the ANZAC appeal is more than sufficient.

When people go to the Dawn or others services, they don’t deck themselves out in full camo, covered in poppies and rosemary, with the ode printed on their ass.

Keep it classy, simple and respectful. At the moment, we aren’t.

God I hate these ANZAC guernseys with a passion, every year it really makes me sick.

Why do they need to be so over the top? It’s not a competition to show who commemorates more than anyone else, a simple poppy or the ANZAC appeal is more than sufficient.

When people go to the Dawn or others services, they don’t deck themselves out in full camo, covered in poppies and rosemary, with the ode printed on their ass.

Counter argument: I hate people complaining about these guernseys every year with a passion.

I’m sick of people that haven’t served a day in their lives thinking their conformist opinion on these every year is unique and that they’re somehow speaking on behalf of every veteran.

As a veteran I love these guernseys and just about every single person I know who’s served loves them too.

Not wearing camo at a Dawn service is one thing. But once every digger is shitfaced and covered in vomit by 1pm tell me the day is classy, simple and respectful.

Stop being outraged on behalf of us because the vast majority of us are unbothered and enjoy these.

Really only retro round and gather round are the 2 rounds that result in eye candy alternate guernseys.

Counter argument: I hate people complaining about these guernseys every year with a passion.

I’m sick of people that haven’t served a day in their lives thinking their conformist opinion on these every year is unique and that they’re somehow speaking on behalf of every veteran.

As a veteran I love these guernseys and just about every single person I know who’s served loves them too.

Not wearing camo at a Dawn service is one thing. But once every digger is shitfaced and covered in vomit by 1pm tell me the day is classy, simple and respectful.

Stop being outraged on behalf of us because the vast majority of us are unbothered and enjoy these.

Fair point. As a veteran, how do you feel about them changing them up each year, to sell more, with an undisclosed portion of profits going to the ANZAC appeal?

That’s probably the basis of my frustration, the monetisation of it for the AFL and clubs. If they openly said that all profits were donated, it would be more palatable in my opinion, interested to know your view on that side of it.

Thank you guys for showing how to have a passionate yet reasoned take on both sides of an argument without name-calling. I feel genuinely enlightened by seeing two opposing perspectives.

Looks to be a pretty simple and tasteful design so far with just the light camo effect and usual logos on the normal home jumper. Whether it’ll be scattered with extra logos and detailing remains to be seen but I figure they might have shown that off if that was the case. Let’s wait and see though…
Ok it appears I was wrong, but not too wrong. The G is the only bit I’m not too keen on aesthetically, would probably have looked better if the camo pattern was as faint as it is on the orange and charcoal cause Gibbsy is right, it doesn’t scale well at all. Unless that’s the point of the camo, to make it hard to make out, but that G is also their main branding point (along with orange obviously) so I’d assume they’d want to make it legible. But definitely far from the worst ANZAC jumper I’ve ever seen, still relatively solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. I think the camo military/motif predominantly employed by the NRL but also in the Giants design is completely missing the point of ANZAC day. The tasteful addition of the ANZAC appeal badge is really all that is required. For the record I'm not that thrilled with the superfluous details added to the Pies design either.

I'm not a veteran.

Webcycler-952x592.png

Not a huge fan of the design, but a huge fan of this…

Following the match, all player issue and match worn guernseys will be available through auction, with all proceeds raised to going to the Returned and Services League (RSL) Anzac Appeal.

The Crows have also gifted all 118 RSL clubs in South Australia with a guernsey signed by a selection of AFL-listed players, which can be used for display or to assist fundraising efforts.

* I'm aware the Anzac appeal badge is on the wrong side and Youi should be on the front instead of Caltex.
20240416_210535.jpg

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of the design, but a huge fan of this…

Following the match, all player issue and match worn guernseys will be available through auction, with all proceeds raised to going to the Returned and Services League (RSL) Anzac Appeal.

The Crows have also gifted all 118 RSL clubs in South Australia with a guernsey signed by a selection of AFL-listed players, which can be used for display or to assist fundraising efforts.

This is the way it should be for every club that has an ANZAC design.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's like a classy ochre!

I move to Adelaide and the Crom release two Crow-chres in a season.

It’s the Freight Train effect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back