Round 7 The Sydney Swans vs. The Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

NO NO NO CURRIE GIVE THE GAME 2 CURRIE

ill die
Picking Currie ahead of Pyke for this game would be a screw-up of Terry Wallace proportions

I know Jetta's fast and has alot of party tricks but, he is too selfish and tries to go that extra mile when it is not needed. I wouldnt mind if he gets replaced by Vespa come round 7.

I know Jetta's fast and has alot of party tricks but, he is too selfish and tries to go that extra mile when it is not needed. I wouldnt mind if he gets replaced by Vespa come round 7.
Some would say that's replacing "like for like" & I would agree.
Just that its taking things a bit too far.
It would be damaging to his development if he were to be dropped for something that ,thus far,
he's been encouraged to do, IMO.

Bring in Rohan ! Saw him on the footy show. Is a better player than Jetta and will put his head over the ball as well. Something you need to do V Cats.. Goodluck hope you beat Cats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually feel quite confident we can beat the cats, particulary after watching swannies perform against Brisbane! I felt we pretty much controlled the game and smashed them early when it was there to be won...but then got a bit sloppy/complacent towards the end. Could have easily won by 40-50pts!

Only concerns leading up to cats game are:
- recent spate of injuries to our men
- richmond playing cats back into form
- one-eyed umpiring down in Geelong! Grrr... :mad: (they must get at least 3-4 goal advantage with the ridiculous umpiring down there!!)

Get the feeling Scarlett's being rushed back in to deal with Braddles, Goodes and White and think it could backfire for them like it did for Adelaide.

Will just have to wait and see, but still sticking with my tip of a Swans win.

The most important thing about this game is that we don't go into it with a defensive mind set. We can't use half our team as taggers otherwise we will be smashed. We need to go into the game with a attacking mindset the will to dictate play.

Get the feeling Scarlett's being rushed back in to deal with Braddles, Goodes and White and think it could backfire for them like it did for Adelaide.

Will just have to wait and see, but still sticking with my tip of a Swans win.

Extremely doubtful. If anything, the Cats have been extremely cautious with Scarlett considering he was out for three weeks for what looked to be a minor injury and Chapman implied that if it was on a final on the weekend he would have played. Geelong very very rarely rush players back; Ottens missing out for almost the entire season last year despite his importance is an example of this. They learnt their mistake from Egan.

In any case, will be an awesome game. The game at the SCG last year was phenomenal, and last time you were at Skilled it took an amazing performance from Ablett for us to win. So should be a great match. Truthfully I am a bit worried with Geelongs form at the moment, so we'll see what happens.

I'd like to see Smith on Ablett, at least at the start of the game. Regardless of who tags Ablett, he seems to have an influence on the game and rack up the touches anyway, so it would be a good test for Smith, who I really like the look of so far.

And I'd like to see Kirk on Chapman. I think Chapman is the most underrated Geelong player (as far as any of that side could be called underrated) and stopping him would go a good way to winning the match. Kirk's work in the Adelaide match in particular in a tagging capacity was magnificent, and if he causes Chapman to go missing, I've got a feeling Geelong will struggle.

Any reason why this could not work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 The Sydney Swans vs. The Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back