Round 7 Tips and Crowd Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

eaglesground.png

My how have things changed if the hawks beating the dees is a huge upset?

Heck even Brisbane losing to Sydney can be considered a minor upset now :p Well ok not according to the odds haha

Given the Hawks have been whipping boys 5 times this year and you beat them the last time you played they would have to be big outsiders?

Melbourne are $1.46, GWS $1.42 to win this week so you would agree that St Kilda knocking off GWS would be a huge upset I am sure so think Hawks would be considered the same.

Heck even Brisbane losing to Sydney can be considered a minor upset now :p Well ok not according to the odds haha

Given the Hawks have been whipping boys 5 times this year and you beat them the last time you played they would have to be big outsiders?

Melbourne are $1.46, GWS $1.42 to win this week so you would agree that St Kilda knocking off GWS would be a huge upset I am sure so think Hawks would be considered the same.
Dont think huge upset. Bookies have us favourites but longer than we have been for a few weeks. Risk game for us. Good contest I think.

I don't disagree. just shocked to be sitting here.

Good contest for sure, at least I hope it is, would suck to be on Friday night and just get thumped. Best of luck this week :)
:eek: Not sure who'ĺl get thumped. I do think we need to lift from last week and adjust quickly to new structures with players out. Otherwise it coukd be us. Think a close competitive game is most likely.

St Kilda v Greater Western Sydney, Docklands 22pts
North Melbourne v Adelaide, Bellerive, 41pts
Collingwood v Carlton, MCG, 18pts
Port Adelaide v West Coast, Adelaide Oval, 16pts-the best team port have beaten in their last 28 matches was a 8th place North Melbourne who were falling off the cliff. Port are the flat track bullies not the Eagles

Gold Coast v Geelong, Metricon, 31pts
Western Bulldogs v Richmond, 58pts
Sydney v Brisbane, SCG, 25pts
Melbourne v Hawthorn, MCG, 72pts
Fremantle v Essendon, Subiaco, 10pts
agree except I think Port will win and the hawks will lose but wont get thrashed.

As putrid as they were against us, Essendon are a real chance against Freo. I think their gameplan will be suited to Subi and they'll be refreshed after the break because they were pretty clearly stuffed yesterday.

Melbourne will either thump Hawthorn or play like shit and lose by 20-25.
We are too inconsistent to know what we will dish up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Kilda v Western Sydney 19pts 24k
North v Adelaide 84pts 10k
Collingwood v Carlton 23pts 63k
Port Power v West Coast 13pts 40k
Gold Coast v Geelong 8pts 13k
Bulldogs v Richmond 36pts 39k
Sydney v Brisbane 17pts 24k
Melbourne v Hawthorn 29pts 41k
Fremantle v Essendon 15pts 32k

Port Adelaide v West Coast, Adelaide Oval, 16pts-the best team port have beaten in their last 28 matches was a 8th place North Melbourne who were falling off the cliff. Port are the flat track bullies not the Eagles

Yeah beating a grand finalist from the previous year away from home is weak as piss hey

St. Kilda will get GWS this week. GWS will have a few out (including Greene, for the cheap shot) and St.Kilda will be desperate to beat a premiership contender. North have taken it right up to some genuine top 4 contenders. With everyone talking about Adelaide being the greatest side in the history of the game, when they haven't done jackshit yet, they will get rolled by a North side with nothing to lose. West Coast will display their usual form away from Perth and get flogged.

Western Bulldogs Vs Richmond 12 pointss

They've beaten Richmond by 76 points, and you're tipping the dogs to win by 12 points?

Where do you think the dogs will finish this year? 9th?

I think that show our interstate record is ok, actually pretty decent, outside of the MCG. Docklands we should be at 75% if not for two horrible chokes after leading by plenty against Carlton and Essendon, but I suppose we've won a few coming back from deficits as well.

If you look at other teams interstate away records since the start of 2014 when Simpson came to us, I believe we have a better winning record than most teams. Geelong, Sydney, Port and Richmond are all very good travelers, which is funny for Port and Richmond who haven't been super strong overall but have a 50%+ interstate record.

why are you getting so upset by media talk and West coast actually play very well in Adelaide.
I believe we have the best winning record of any club at the Adelaide Oval (80%). We did get belted in our one loss though, and Port weren't playing as well as they are this year when we've beaten them the last two seasons. Without Naitanui I'm worried about Ryder vs whoever we sticky tape together to play in the ruck.

St Kilda v Greater Western Sydney 65 points reckon they've hit their stride the Giants, and will want to win big in an away game.
North Melbourne v Adelaide, Bellerive, 2 points this will look stupid probably, but Bellerive can be tricky to play at. Adelaide won't go 22-0, this might be one they drop
Collingwood v Carlton, MCG, 31 points Don't rate either team that highly, but Collingwood has at least been generating plenty of shots at goal, they just haven't been kicking them. Carlton still a fair way off with such a young side.
Port Adelaide v West Coast, Adelaide Oval 4 points We'll be on the end of the close loss this time. No idea who plays on Robbie Gray. We kidnap SPP after the game though so the moral victory is ours
Gold Coast v Geelong, Metricon, 40 points Cats coming off a shock loss I think will be too strong, will be watching Ablett with interest
Western Bulldogs v Richmond 19 points Big fan of Richmond, regardless of who they've beaten they've looked good, but the Dogs played the best I've seen them play this year last week, even though they lost. Looked like the team that won the flag last year, more synchronized in the middle.
Sydney v Brisbane, SCG, 47 points Surely. Surely they can't drop this one. Brisbane were abysmal last weekend.
Melbourne v Hawthorn, MCG, 14 points I just don't trust Melbourne. Are the Hawks going to make 'catastrophic' team changes? Might spur them like it has Fremantle
Fremantle v Essendon, Subiaco, 20 points Fremantle too good at Subiaco. One of the umpires for this game was best man at Byron Schammers wedding too, which spells danger for Essendon. Conflict of interest concerns.

They've beaten Richmond by 76 points, and you're tipping the dogs to win by 12 points?

Where do you think the dogs will finish this year? 9th?
It will probably be a 30+ margin win to the Bulldogs, but I don't know if I'd be expecting a 70+ margin against Richmond if I was a Bulldogs supporter like what Adelaide did to us. Adelaide in AO is probably one of the hardest trips (if not the hardest) to make this year (along with GWS at Spotless perhaps), and with probably a decent away crowd at Etihad Stadium, I don't think the margin will be as bad as Adelaide. I see the margin being in the 25-50 range for the Bulldogs.

Always the hawthorn supporters who pick against us every week.. figures

Melbourne too
Stop with this sense of entitlement mentality and stop peddling the scrappy underdog mindset. If people don't rate you or they tip against you, deal with it. Stop being so entitled because certain people might not be rating you.

I for one have tipped the Bulldogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 7 Tips and Crowd Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back