Discussion Round 8, 2017: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

2C17B43900000578-3227223-image-a-156_1441765783796.jpg

This will be your avatar

Changing subject for a moment

IMO Hawthorn should make their predominantly Brown jumper a Tasmania jumper. Still gets worn 4x a year, gets combined with brown shorts (rather than horrid white) and will create excellent contrast vs the Freo, Port, Brisbane, Saints type teams that always end up down there to play. Could also use it vs Sydney, Geelong and North in Victorian games.

None of this brown away vs Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon crap please.

Well, yeah obviously, but Hawthorn clearly want to keep wearing it multiple times a season. This solution would allow them to combine it with brown shorts (which looks a lot better than the white) and still wear the jersey frequently.

Wear the brown four times more often for the Tassie games, and wear the yellow approximately four times more often for home games vs Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood types. Still the same exposure for the brown, gives the Taswegians a jersey of their own (like the Giants Canberra) and make a better contrast when Hawthorn play away.

I would prefer they get rid of the jumper forever, as the yellow is amazing, but if they want to keep it, I much prefer this solution.

If you're going to give them their own jumper, you can't just give them the reject jumper and expect them to like it.

You obviously don't call it the reject jumper, you call it something else.

If Hawthorn want to have three unique jumpers, which includes a predominantly brown option, its far better to make the secondary brown option something Tasmanian themed

Made this very quick mock up in 5 minutes...

upload_2017-5-11_15-24-5.png

Call it what you want, if you're taking a jumper out of the rotation and slapping it to exclusively Tassie games, then it will only be seen as a reject.
There's no need for a special Tassie jumper, and I'm sure the Tassie fans are perfectly happy getting to see their team in their full home kit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hawthorn want to have three unique jumpers, which includes a predominantly brown option, its far better to make the secondary brown option something Tasmanian themed

Made this very quick mock up in 5 minutes...

View attachment 369128
Just what Hawthorn needs. A map of Tassie to go with the poo and wee jokes.

Huawei have been the Suns' sponsors for a while, but they've never been on the jumper.
I know, I just want to build up some hype to the announcement that won't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 8, 2017: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back