Not open for further replies.
Completely stuck on....
Naitanui to Gawn ($35k left) = +40to50
Or Starcevich to Lloyd ($21k left) = + 45pts

What would you do?

Gawn is in red hot form but now faces his toughest stretch of games by far,
Brisbane this week, then
Lycett, ROB, Goldstein & Grundy

Everyone knew about Grundy's low scoring against Hawthorn, Gawn has traditionally not scored that well against Brisbane. Stef Martin is out but it's not like McEvoy/Ceglar did a number on Grundy, he just didn't get much of the ball and dished up his worst score in years.

Tempted to bring Gawn in and captain him.
Bit spoilt for choice with Macrae VC sitting there and Grundy, Neale, Gaff & maybe Gawn all a good chance to beat 102.

Last edited:
Completely stuck on....
Naitanui to Gawn ($35k left) = +40to50
Or Starcevich to Lloyd ($21k left) = + 45pts

What would you do?

Gawn is in red hot form but now faces his toughest stretch of games by far,
Brisbane this week, then
Lycett, ROB, Goldstein & Gawn.

Everyone knew about Grundy's low scoring against Hawthorn, Gawn has traditionally not scored that well against Brisbane. Stef Martin is out but it's not like McEvoy/Ceglar did a number on Grundy, he just didn't get much of the ball and dished up his worst score in years.

Tempted to bring Gawn in and captain him.
Bit spoilt for choice with Macrae VC sitting there and Grundy, Neale, Gaff & maybe Gawn all a good chance to beat 102.
Gawn's toughest matchup is himself... :p

Gawn's toughest matchup is himself... :p
Funny that you replied, I had this (below) in the reply box ready to type out my Ling reply..

What’s the go with Ling? Good Js?
Traders said Ling only AVG 39pts in the NEAFL.
Generally you can 1.5x your score if going from AFL to NEAFL so if we take away 75%, and then another 25% for corona ball, Ling might not even hit his break even of 19.

Went Tyler Brown to Rankine last night.

Just waiting on Monday squads to pull the trigger on

Starcevich to Egg and Green to Simpson.

I couldnt decide so I got both.
Eggmo by a whisker and for his ceiling.

Egg and Day for me as well. Haven't budged since earlier on in the week. Would have liked Gawn but Grundy will do. Sick of being punished by him week-in and week-out. This is the first year I haven't started with gun rucks and I don't think I'll ever do it again. Absolutely ruined me going half a season without Grundy/Gawn.

Egg and Day for me as well. Haven't budged since earlier on in the week. Would have liked Gawn but Grundy will do. Sick of being punished by him week-in and week-out. This is the first year I haven't started with gun rucks and I don't think I'll ever do it again. Absolutely ruined me going half a season without Grundy/Gawn.

Ditto though I think one is enough. Having both, even with their big score output just seems like a waste of cash this year.

Points per dollar spent there's better options than having them both.

One is great for the captain luxury of course.

Ditto though I think one is enough. Having both, even with their big score output just seems like a waste of cash this year.

Points per dollar spent there's better options than having them both.

One is great for the captain luxury of course.

Yeah I figure they can make some cash at D5/6 for the next few rounds while I sort the rest of my team out. Low priced defenders have dried up. The only other option I'd consider is McPherson which would save me almost 100k but eh, I don't know, feel like Day has the higher ceiling and can help me tread water in defense until I can upgrade him. Egg seems the more likely of the two so he's a lock.

Yeah I figure they can make some cash at D5/6 for the next few rounds while I sort the rest of my team out. Low priced defenders have dried up. The only other option I'd consider is McPherson which would save me almost 100k but eh, I don't know, feel like Day has the higher ceiling and can help me tread water in defense until I can upgrade him. Egg seems the more likely of the two so he's a lock.

Sorry I meant having both of Grundy/Gawn is a waste this year.

Having both of eggmo and Day is a golden goose that'll keep laying eggs (I hope). Premo defenders are scoring 60-70 anyway. So if a player half the price can score 60-70 it's a landslide victory.

Any port fans know if Georgiades has any job security being back in the team or if it's likely just this week? Already have most of the decent forward rooks so tossing up between him and Frederick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is Longmire pulling all these spuds from before he plays McInerney?

I've kept holding him thinking he'd be a sure fire shot at getting a gig soon...... I don't even recognise half of Swans list at the minute! Is he just picking people from the crowd to don a swans jersey to taunt us!?

Dammit. Once again i am stuck having one trade left with 2 things i want to do. Either trade Starcevich down to Day for my D6 spot, or trade Florent up to Treloar.

If in doubt play the BE game as presumably you'll do one of those this week and the potentially the other next week?

I reckon Starc down to Day should nett just as many points as Florent up to Treloar anyway (especially if Florent finally puts out a reasonable score..).

Day +$50k / Starc -$15k = +$65k.
Florent -$20k / Treloar +$15k = +$35k.

Get Day. The Rnd10 average lock is an added sweetner.

3 decisions:
Start Pickett or Simpson?
Trade McInerny or Rivers?
Bring in Day or McPherson?

I like day but with Scrim back it makes me wonder if his points will take a hit..

If in doubt play the BE game as presumably you'll do one of those this week and the potentially the other next week?

I reckon Starc down to Day should nett just as many points as Florent up to Treloar anyway (especially if Florent finally puts out a reasonable score..).

Day +$50k / Starc -$15k = +$65k.
Florent -$20k / Treloar +$15k = +$35k.

Get Day. The Rnd10 average lock is an added sweetner.
I always factor how much a trade costs to as i doubt we want Day on our field come end of year

Sorry I meant having both of Grundy/Gawn is a waste this year.

Having both of eggmo and Day is a golden goose that'll keep laying eggs (I hope). Premo defenders are scoring 60-70 anyway. So if a player half the price can score 60-70 it's a landslide victory.
In before they both score 30. :p

3 decisions:
Start Pickett or Simpson? One game from Pickett doesnt overwrite months of crap.
Trade McInerny or Rivers? McInerney a shot atleast. Dees look settled.
Bring in Day or McPherson? Get Day now or he'll jump another $50k next week and the ship has sailed. You can still get McPherson next week as he'll still be an option at ~ $250k.

I like day but with Scrim back it makes me wonder if his points will take a hit..

Flip a coin on all of them and let the fates decide.
But my suggestions are bolded. The opposite will probably prove to be right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back