Preview Round 9: Essendon vs The Orange Team, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 11th May, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we lost fwd structure when Goldy was forward or on the bench. Goldy gets a well deserved rest before NoRf. Give Bryan a run, and Hobbs and Davey need a good VFL run.

In: Draper, Shiel, Bryan
Out: Goldy (managed), Davey, Hobbs

McGrath McKay Kelly
Redman Laverde Martin
Duursma Parish Heppell
Stringer Jones Gresham
Langford Wright Guelfi
Draper Merrett Durham
Caldwell Cox Bryan Perkins
Shiel

Agree Davey is not smashing it but you want oace against giants. They are a very fast team.

Going to be another really good test for club.

Agree Davey is not smashing it but you want oace against giants. They are a very fast team.

Going to be another really good test for club.
You also want your pace to be making more than 1 tackle and be in the top few for pressure acts. No tackles last week and 1 this week. If he plays like the Crows game then okay but if he is going to run around and just look to do the offensive stuff then it is pretty much useless to be quick.

First game this season where we’ve got an actual home ground advantage against a travelling opponent having had 4 neutral Melbourne games and 4 interstate disadvantages. Will be a good test for us, particularly the mental side of things which has been our biggest challenge for as long as I can remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cogs a chance as well I believe. I'm happy to play them at full strength, awesome test.
Yep. 100% . Need to play sides at their best to test where we are at.

Hope we don't bring Draper back in. Let him test his knee out in the VFL while Goldy holds down the fort.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think part of the reason Eagles were able to level the clearances with us in the second half is Goldy started to tire (and Caldwell was subbed).

Think we need the two ruck structure.

I like what we’re doing this year, but GWS should win this if they’re going to be a threat for the flag this year.

Which, I think they are - a lot to like about them and how they play.

I like what we’re doing this year, but GWS should win this if they’re going to be a threat for the flag this year.

Which, I think they are - a lot to like about them and how they play.
GWS have been good, but other than the Brisbane game, they've been pretty ordinary the last month.
Beat St Kilda by a point and well beaten by Sydney and Carlton.

We've been ok by GWS' standards so not great, but at home I think we're in with a chance. Plus they've only beaten us in Melbourne once and that was the 2016 top up side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back