Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many trading Cogs? GWS said it is maybe just one week...he played a few games with the injury and I reckon they are just resting him in an easy game this week. Wish they just stopped playing him 2 weeks ago so I could trade him while he still had value...has dropped heaps since then.

The only way I can downgrade/upgrade this week is by trading Walsh, and it would be silly to ditch him with Coniglio already on the pine (and probably silly full stop).

Not a good week to double downgrade because it is slim pickings rookie wise. Heeney would be a candidate to go, but him and Cogs are similar in the sense of underperforming due to carrying injury + annoying role.

Guess I'm going to bank on Coniglio being a longer out just like Whitfield. Plus I really need to get Dunkley back in for my own sanity #****YouBevo.

Still doing Walsh and Parker to Dunkley and Corbett despite Cogs, Ross and Crouch injuries. Could take a massive hit to my rank but I think I've gotta trust the downgrade/upgrade formula.

Pups you ok?

Not surprised

His back and the mental barriers obviously weighing him down

I wouldn't be surprised if he had another crack at it after some time away though
Is it silly to ditch Coniglio? Finger could be an issue for him all year.
Nope

My midfield stinks + too many outs there this week, need to trade

Scott, Ross, Constable, Cogs all out for me

Need to make at least 1 forced trade there, maybe two as I don't want to field Setterfield/Parker

I feel Constable will be a late in again though, but I'm not banking on it. Would rather just be in a position to field Constable and bench Hayes if Constable was a late in

I ain't trading Scott for a Stocker/Hately type suss JS rookie, it needs to be someone who'll play right through the byes

There's quite a few rookies who are debuting this week, so I'm quite happy to sideways Cogs to Cripps while he's stinking it up (no tackles last week and only 2 marks are clear warning bells that that finger is clearly bothering him)

Next week I'll trade O'Brien for Binesy/ruck rookie then I'll upgrade Scrimshaw or Drew

Round 11 I'll bank on a double downgrade with all these fresh crop of rookies debuting, surely someone will fit the bill for the byes. If not then that's Whitfield week perhaps

0-1-2 trades in Round 12, probably more downgrades for bye planning if I need to trade, then rounds 13 + 14 will be upgrade season. A bottomed out Whitfield will be a priority trade in if I go the double downgrade in round 11

Probably look at 6-7 trades left with a completed side if I get no more injuries
Word on Geelong page is for Atkins.
Why are so many trading Cogs? GWS said it is maybe just one week...he played a few games with the injury and I reckon they are just resting him in an easy game this week. Wish they just stopped playing him 2 weeks ago so I could trade him while he still had value...has dropped heaps since then.
Quite a few midfield injuries and omissions this week though

Imagine having all of Cogs, Crouch, Constable, Ross, Scott etc, a few would be in that spot looking at forced trades just to avoid a donut, I have 4 of those guys

Constable is a chance of playing at least though + making more cash and points so he's a no brainer to hold for mine

Cogs simply does not want to tackle anymore with that finger, his marking game has dried up, he clearly ain't right. They should've rested him two weeks ago and promoted Hately to the side rather than make him play through the pain.

I have Drew also, I'd be ok fielding him for a 8 tackle, 10 possession 60, but does he play?

I had Merritt locked but who'd you go first.

Merritt
Gaff
Sloane
J Kelly
Neale
Fyfe

I had Merritt locked but who'd you go first.

Merritt
Gaff
Sloane
J Kelly
Neale
Fyfe
Zerrett, Fyfe or Gaff

Sloane has all the taggers before his bye

Neale is too inconsistent for DT but massively KOTD in Supercoach

Jelly isn't my cup of tea this year, missed too many games, liked him start of preseason, but I feel he's not over that groin and will get rests as the year goes on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised

His back and the mental barriers obviously weighing him down

I wouldn't be surprised if he had another crack at it after some time away though

Nope

My midfield stinks + too many outs there this week, need to trade

Scott, Ross, Constable, Cogs all out for me

Need to make at least 1 forced trade there, maybe two as I don't want to field Setterfield/Parker

I feel Constable will be a late in again though, but I'm not banking on it. Would rather just be in a position to field Constable and bench Hayes if Constable was a late in

I ain't trading Scott for a Stocker/Hately type suss JS rookie, it needs to be someone who'll play right through the byes

There's quite a few rookies who are debuting this week, so I'm quite happy to sideways Cogs to Cripps while he's stinking it up (no tackles last week and only 2 marks are clear warning bells that that finger is clearly bothering him)

Next week I'll trade O'Brien for Binesy/ruck rookie then I'll upgrade Scrimshaw or Drew

Round 11 I'll bank on a double downgrade with all these fresh crop of rookies debuting, surely someone will fit the bill for the byes. If not then that's Whitfield week perhaps

0-1-2 trades in Round 12, probably more downgrades for bye planning if I need to trade, then rounds 13 + 14 will be upgrade season. A bottomed out Whitfield will be a priority trade in if I go the double downgrade in round 11

Probably look at 6-7 trades left with a completed side if I get no more injuries

Quite a few midfield injuries and omissions this week though

Imagine having all of Cogs, Crouch, Constable, Ross, Scott etc, a few would be in that spot looking at forced trades just to avoid a donut, I have 4 of those guys

Constable is a chance of playing at least though + making more cash and points so he's a no brainer to hold for mine

Cogs simply does not want to tackle anymore with that finger, his marking game has dried up, he clearly ain't right. They should've rested him two weeks ago and promoted Hately to the side rather than make him play through the pain.

I have Drew also, I'd be ok fielding him for a 8 tackle, 10 possession 60, but does he play?
Fiddled around with it a few times, can't do anything I like really

Ross to Dunkley will happen

2nd trade depends on Sunday teams, in particular Hately

I will grab Hately if named for Drew or Scrimshaw as I then know Hately is next in line if De Boer/Cogs/Taranto/Jelly/Hopper etc are injured

If Hately ain't named, it's sayonara Cogs for Rocky/Cripps

Zerrett, Fyfe or Gaff

Jelly isn't my cup of tea this year, missed too many games, liked him start of preseason, but I feel he's not over that groin and will get rests as the year goes on

Yeah zerritt it is.
Gaff or MacRae next week.

Fiddled around with it a few times, can't do anything I like really

Ross to Dunkley will happen

2nd trade depends on Sunday teams, in particular Hately

I will grab Hately if named for Drew or Scrimshaw as I then know Hately is next in line if De Boer/Cogs/Taranto/Jelly/Hopper etc are injured

If Hately ain't named, it's sayonara Cogs for Rocky/Cripps

Same with you. Cogs to premo, or someone to hately. Not sure on stocker or the others.

Zerrett, Fyfe or Gaff

Very nice. How would the list look if Treloar was in there ?

Very nice. How would the list look if Treloar was in there ?
Treloar for the next few weeks is must have purely on his record without Adams, but if you don't have Rocky then a similar case could be made for him and Wines too

Over the season I'd have Treloar on par with Sloane and Fyfe though. Can't really go wrong there, Gaff for POD factor

Zerrett probably ahead of them

If you had to combine those? ie which would you pick out of Telly or Sloane.
Sloanes next month could be tricky. I reckon he is great value but with Bris at home being restrictive, Hutchings and De Boer around the corner its been enough to turn me off what at the start of the week I thought was an excellent value trade in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back