Round One 2005.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jars458 said:
AGAIN in Perth in round 22. So because its no showdown we have to go to Perth in Round 22. Give me strength.

Let me guess, no Vic clubs will travel in Round 22.

Melbourne had to go to Perth Rd22 this year & Kangaroos went to the Gabba, or do you think only the Vic teams should travel in RD 22.

Carlton God said:
Ok so if the AFL schedules Fremantle vs Carlton Saturday night and also Essendon vs St Kilda I wonder which game channel 10 are going to pick..

This has obviously gone way over your head, you are as sharp as a bowling ball.
No your paranoia is making you the fool.
Your lack of competitiveness over the past couple of years and the fact you play a fair percentage of your games at Optus Oval is what has been costing you free to air games.
You also chose to ignore that channel 9 pick their games before the season starts when you claimed the AFL did in previous posts.

mantis said:
Melbourne had to go to Perth Rd22 this year & Kangaroos went to the Gabba, or do you think only the Vic teams should travel in RD 22.

I was referring to the fact that before we had the Showdown in the last round we had to play in Perth twice in three years in the last round. In previous two years I think no Melbourne teams travelled.

Our only choice seems to be Port or Perth in the last round. Two of the hardest jobs in football.

Magpie said:
Collingwood's wonderfull draw. Bout' time too I say!
R1 WESTERN BULLDOGS MONDAY 28 MARCH MCG HOME
R2 ADELAIDE SUNDAY 3 APRIL TELSTRA DOME HOME
R3 CARLTON SATURDAY 9 APRIL MCG AWAY
R4 KANGAROOS FRIDAY 15 APRIL (N) MCG AWAY
R5 ESSENDON MONDAY 25 APRIL MCG AWAY
R6 ST KILDA SUNDAY 1 MAY MCG HOME
R7 FREMANTLE SUNDAY 8 MAY SUBIACO AWAY
R8 RICHMOND SUNDAY 15 MAY MCG HOME
R9 WEST COAST SATURDAY 21 MAY MCG HOME
R10 HAWTHORN SATURDAY 28 MAY MCG AWAY
R11 GEELONG FRIDAY 3 JUNE (N) TELSTRA DOME HOME
R12 MELBOURNE MONDAY 13 JUNE MCG AWAY
R13 SYDNEY SATURDAY 25 JUNE (N) TELSTRA STADIUM AWAY
R14 PORT ADELAIDE FRIDAY 1 JULY (N) TELSTRA DOME HOME
R15 BRISBANE SATURDAY 9 JULY (N) GABBA AWAY
R16 ESSENDON FRIDAY 15 JULY (N) MCG HOME
R17 ST KILDA FRIDAY 22 JULY (N) TELSTRA DOME AWAY
R18 FREMANTLE SUNDAY 31 JULY MCG HOME
R19 KANGAROOS SUNDAY 7 AUGUST TELSTRA DOME HOME
R20 CARLTON SATURDAY 13 AUGUST (N) MCG HOME
R21 ADELAIDE SATURDAY 20 AUGUST AAMI AWAY
R22 WESTERN BULLDOGS FRIDAY 26 AUGUST (N) TELSTRA DOME AWAY
i hope ur joking,
3 interstate games? that is a joke

Hawkk said:
What are you kidden we are a damn site bigger then you.
Your attendances, memberships,dollars and supporterbase is nothing on ours.
ok mate, i wonder how big ur net loss is this year. ive got a feeling itll be competing with ours
at least our club can play footy
btw when do melbourne get the byes this year (that is vs hawthorn, richmond and WB???)

Jars458 said:
I was referring to the fact that before we had the Showdown in the last round we had to play in Perth twice in three years in the last round. In previous two years I think no Melbourne teams travelled.

Our only choice seems to be Port or Perth in the last round. Two of the hardest jobs in football.
i think they should have both the showdown and the derby in rd.22
too bad if u play port, the afl isnt going to see that and say, well thats a hard game, lets let them play collingwood and have an easy win. ;)

pazza said:
Happy that the AFL have finally woken up to themselves and put Essendon back in Melbourne to start the season.

Not happy that we are playing on a Saturday night though when we could easily play the game against the Dees on Easter Monday..and get a guaranteed full house.
Of Essendon supporters.

I would of loved a Hawk Essendon opening game.
Then youve probably get a 37,000 32,000 split rather then the enedable 50 000, 9 000 your gonna experience now.
Very dissapointed indeed!

Magpie said:
Collingwood's wonderfull draw. Bout' time too I say!
R1 WESTERN BULLDOGS MONDAY 28 MARCH MCG HOME
R2 ADELAIDE SUNDAY 3 APRIL TELSTRA DOME HOME
R3 CARLTON SATURDAY 9 APRIL MCG AWAY
R4 KANGAROOS FRIDAY 15 APRIL (N) MCG AWAY
R5 ESSENDON MONDAY 25 APRIL MCG AWAY
R6 ST KILDA SUNDAY 1 MAY MCG HOME
R7 FREMANTLE SUNDAY 8 MAY SUBIACO AWAY
R8 RICHMOND SUNDAY 15 MAY MCG HOME
R9 WEST COAST SATURDAY 21 MAY MCG HOME
R10 HAWTHORN SATURDAY 28 MAY MCG AWAY
R11 GEELONG FRIDAY 3 JUNE (N) TELSTRA DOME HOME
R12 MELBOURNE MONDAY 13 JUNE MCG AWAY
R13 SYDNEY SATURDAY 25 JUNE (N) TELSTRA STADIUM AWAY
R14 PORT ADELAIDE FRIDAY 1 JULY (N) TELSTRA DOME HOME
R15 BRISBANE SATURDAY 9 JULY (N) GABBA AWAY
R16 ESSENDON FRIDAY 15 JULY (N) MCG HOME
R17 ST KILDA FRIDAY 22 JULY (N) TELSTRA DOME AWAY
R18 FREMANTLE SUNDAY 31 JULY MCG HOME
R19 KANGAROOS SUNDAY 7 AUGUST TELSTRA DOME HOME
R20 CARLTON SATURDAY 13 AUGUST (N) MCG HOME
R21 ADELAIDE SATURDAY 20 AUGUST AAMI AWAY
R22 WESTERN BULLDOGS FRIDAY 26 AUGUST (N) TELSTRA DOME AWAY

Does Collingwood have a phobia about playing the Eagles in Perth? I would have thought that game would have had to be played in Perth seeing the last time the 2 teams met at Subi was 2002.

Jars458 said:
AGAIN in Perth in round 22. So because its no showdown we have to go to Perth in Round 22. Give me strength.

Let me guess, no Vic clubs will travel in Round 22.

I'm told we will be travelling to Perth to play Freo in R22.

No Derby by special request in the last round this year, assuming it is the same for '05.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

riccardo said:
I'm told we will be travelling to Perth to play Freo in R22.

No Derby by special request in the last round this year, assuming it is the same for '05.

it's too much having a derby on the last round. it takes too much out of the teams, especially if they have to travel the next week in the finals

i also heard that the Crows will be playing WC at Subi in round 22

Marns said:
what happened to the money talk??
i DONT SEE THE POINT.
After all comparing our statements to yours is laughable hahahaha.
We are guarnteed of survival.
We are being given by the masses of the East the best facilities in Australia-Stand alone that is.

Theres even talk of it better then the Lexus Centre.
So what about Melbourne.
Thee team without a home,the team with the lowest supporterbase in the league,and the team the produce 1,000,000 dollar loses even after the finish 5th after the home and away season.
What a future Melbourne has..........

Hawkk said:
Of Essendon supporters.

I would of loved a Hawk Essendon opening game.
Then youve probably get a 37,000 32,000 split rather then the enedable 50 000, 9 000 your gonna experience now.
Very dissapointed indeed!

Is this the same team that drew 11,000 to a game against Port Adelaide talking?

bOmBeR_BoY1 said:
Is this the same team that drew 11,000 to a game against Port Adelaide talking?
We had a protest game, against the wrath of Peter Scwabb, dont think its done our chances of football proffection any good.
btw, we got over 50 000 against you this year?
Isnt that fair enough, it was a fair blend of both supporters

jess-jess said:
it's too much having a derby on the last round. it takes too much out of the teams, especially if they have to travel the next week in the finals

i also heard that the Crows will be playing WC at Subi in round 22

Agree with the Derby explination, its all well and good to play at home leading up to finals, but from what I know of Derbys/Showdowns, the feeling is they are mini-finals to themselves, far too much hype and pressure in R22.

It will be interesting to see who travels to Subi in R22, I was told it was our turn in the reverse of the Aurora Stadium (York Park) Round 2 fixture against the Dockers. In light of our less tham sparkling road record, I'd personally prefer to play the TD or (ideally) the MCG in the lead up to a likley finals berth in 2005.

We'll see, I suppose.

Hawkk said:
We had a protest game, against the wrath of Peter Scwabb, dont think its done our chances of football proffection any good.
btw, we got over 50 000 against you this year?
Isnt that fair enough, it was a fair blend of both supporters

I was there that afternoon and for a Hawthorn home game there was a disturbing amount of red and black, at least 60% of the crowd were Bomber fans especially on level 1 of the GSS. Crowd noise was a good indicator too, although there was little for the Hawks to cheer about that day.

Radz said:
Ohhhh we have to travel Perth to play Freo...........we could be vsing Josh Carr for the first time in Rd. 1 :D
josh carr will not be playing rnd 1............ or 2 or 3

Hawkk said:
What are you kidden we are a damn site bigger then you.
Your attendances, memberships,dollars and supporterbase is nothing on ours.

I actually didn't mean any offense to the hawks, but I was referring to one of the big 3 ie Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton. I think if you look back at this year we had more people go to our games than Hawthorn did, and if you don't count pet membership we probably have more members.

I can't wait till school holidays is over...

Remove this Banner Ad

Round One 2005.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back