Royals thread Forever Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

2 days, 2 shit results..both East Perth and Fremantle should have done much better. East Perth would probably have the opportunity at success this if they'd

1. Beaten someone other than Perth and Peel since Round 1
2. Stopped allowing teams to get the jump, over the season and during a match...

Hi everyone first post on the Royals page for me. Just wanted to put up a big congrats to my pop Jack Clayton. Played for east perth from 1941-1950 and about to get inducted into the royals hall of fame. Don't get to follow the WAFL much due to living in Sydney. How is the team going this season?

Gday Adzam..I'm sure my old ma would remember your pop playing in the blue and black as she's been going since the 40's..

This season has been nothing but a disappointment in terms of results and final position. We won only 6 games (2 against Perth, Peel and 1 each against Swans and West Perth) and ended up 7th just ahead of Swans and Peel.

The emergence of the young lads like Brendan Lee, Steven Payne and Shaq McKenzie has been a positive, as was the form for most of the season of Josh Smith up forward. Another who has done quite well since a positional move is Daniel MacAulay, his move to defence has seen him reinvigorated as a player.

The fact the club put it's faith in youth in the second half of the year, more by events that were forced than by design (Polak's serious concussion, Pettifer's return to Melbourne) gives hope of brighter things in 2012.

None of the grades qualified for the Finals. The Reserves came closest they ended up 6th, the League as mentioned finished 7th but the Colts finished bottom with only 3 wins.

Speaking as a member of both East Perth and Freo I for one can say I am glad our 2011 season is done and dusted.

Brendan Lee capped off a stellar year to take out the FD Book Medal as the Fairest and Best League Player at the Club's annual FD Book Medal night on Friday 7th October in our Members Bar at Medibank Stadium.

A clear favourite Lee won from leading goal kicker Josh Smith. Nathan Blee took out the best 1st year player as well as coming third in the count. Garry Moss claimed fourth on the back of an impressive last half of the season.

2011 LEAGUE FAIREST & BEST AWARDS

LEAGUE EDUCATION AWARD

Daniel Macaulay
Ken Hatfield Memorial Trophy Response by player

LEAGUE BEST FIRST YEAR PLAYER

Nathan Blee
Mussman-Gardiner Memorial Trophy Response by player

BEST CLUB MAN

Freddie Clutterbuck

LEAGUE LEADING GOAL KICKER

Josh Smith (50 goals)

TRAINERS AWARD

Brock Higgins

OUTSTANDING PLAY AWARD

Garry Moss (250 Votes)

OUTSTANDING PLAY AWARD

Nathan Blee (268 Votes)

LEAGUE RUNNER-UP

Josh Smith
Janice Tobin Memorial Perpetual Trophy 298 votes

CLUB CHAMPION

Brendan Lee (331 Votes)
FD Book Medallion

2011 COLTS FAIREST & BEST AWARDS

COLTS MOST COURAGEOUS AWARD

Chris McGuire

COLTS ENCOURAGEMENT AWARD

Sean Bradley

COLTS EDUCATION AWARD

Joel Kane

Seff Parry Memorial Trophy

COLTS BEST CLUBMAN AWARD

Michael Rimbus

COLTS OUTSTANDING PLAY AWARD

Julian Ameduri (101 Votes)

FAIREST & BEST

Blake Borrett, Michael Hutchings, Liam O'Connor (109 Votes)

Hec Strempel Medallion

2011 RESERVES FAIREST & BEST AWARDS

RESERVES OUTSTANDING PLAY AWARD

Rowan Brookes (128 Votes)

Ryan Maldenis (130 Votes)

Cameron Grover (154 Votes)

FAIREST & BEST

Boston Williamson (185 Votes)

Eric Smith Medallion

(Donated by Reg & Kaye Pratt)

Sorry to revive this thread up, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me with 2011 season list of East Perth Football Club? I'm playing AFL Live 2011 and I was planning to create a team on it called East Perth, so...

My plans was to do a East Perth from the day before the 2011 season began, so if anyone can help me with positions and so on, you can reply to here or just private-message me. I appreciate it very much! :)

From Wikipedia as of March 2011:

Signed off AFL Clubs:

Dean Cox - Ruckman (West Coast)
Dylan Roberton - ? (Fremantle)

Promoted from 2010 roster:

Kyle Anderson (Ruckman) 65
Kayne Pettifer (HBF) 74
Graham Polak (CHB) 73
Mathew Seal (Wingman) 62
Donald Stirling (Centre) 60
Brendan Lee (Rover) 68

Total: 8

Plans to add more (32):

Garry Moss - Forward Pocket
Ben Noakes - HFF
Adam Prior - ?
Patrick Travers - HBF
Aaron Sweet - Back Pocket
Craig Wulff - HBF
Jordan Eastwell - ?
Josh Smith
Brendan Hancock
Danny Chartres
Jacob Derickx
Mark Deaves
Rowan Brookes
Freddie Clutterbuck
Stephen Payne
Harlee Fryer
Daniel Macaulay
Timothy Noakes
Luke Sampey
Brock Higgins
Zachary Beeck
Jye Keath
Jake Lalich
Nick Kommer
Brett Dobson
Kane Goodwin
Brent Fotheringhame
Nathan Blee
Jamie Birrell
Ryan Smith
Boston Williamson
Michael Swan
Ryan Maldenis

What do you think?? :cool:

Roberton is a half back/midfielder for East Perth.

Hamish Shepheard was rookie listed by Freo, played mainly in defence and also as relief ruck with the Royals.

West Coast had Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls on their rookie list as well.

Adam Prior spent most of his time interchanging the key forward roles with Josh Smith so CHF or FF.

Roberton is a half back/midfielder for East Perth.

Hamish Shepheard was rookie listed by Freo, played mainly in defence and also as relief ruck with the Royals.

West Coast had Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls on their rookie list as well.

Adam Prior spent most of his time interchanging the key forward roles with Josh Smith so CHF or FF.

Thank you, I appreciate it very much. I was following the rule of not selecting more than one player from each club (a condition for GWS and Gold Coast) but other than that, I would like to know if the ratings is fine? Let me know if you want to know more about the attributes for each player in the AFL Live 2011, you can private message me :)

Has anyone heard of who we've recruited for 2012?

East Perth Football Club is pleased to announce the key signings of former West Coast, Melbourne and Hawthorn key position player Paul Johnson, former North Melbourne midfielder Marcus White, Port Melbourne Ruck man Tim Martin and returning East Perth and former Richmond and West Coast player Jarrod Oakley-Nicholls for the next 2 seasons.

Football Operations Manager Mark Winnett said “The football club is delighted to have added these players to our playing group, all of the players mentioned have considerable playing experience in successful environments and we look forward to having them at the football club for the next couple of seasons”

They join East Fremantle midfielder Kym Monteath and Claremont key position player Nick Derickx as the key signings in the off season for the Royals, whilst in further news Wodonga recruit Adam Prior has also recommitted to the football club for a further 2 seasons.

from: http://www.eastperthfc.com.au/latest-news/2012-recruits/

Looks like it could be a long season for us, given our recent performances in the pre-season.

Fingers and toes the week off will do us the world of good, and make us peppermint fresh to tackle the reining premiers in Round 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon you Royals , love to beat the garlic munchers today , after a gallant loss to the reigning premiers Claremont last week , it looks like we might be the dark horse for the finals this season . We could of beaten Claremont last week but a few mistakes cost us badly .

Most supported clubs in WA , East Perth , West Perth , South Freo are basically equal , next are , Swans , Claremont , then East Freo , Subi , Perth.

Which would explain why there was a massive crowd of around 1500 at Leederville today. :confused::p

Going by Grand Final attendances, East Perth, West Perth, South Fremantle are probably have the three biggest supporter bases, while Swans would be next.

Claremont, Subiaco and Perth are no where near those four

It has been really heartening to see the lads playing they way they have in the last few weeks. Some real convincing displays, our big strong bodies certainly making us a difficult prospect even for some of the top end teams right at the moment. Even with the additions of players like Johnson, Eades and the 2 Freo boys Crozier and Pitt, if anyone had told me we'd be 4-2 after 6 matches I'd have taken that.

The crucial test comes this weekend though, we've been dire against Souths now for the best part of 8 years, haven't won since 2004 and in most of those games we've been quite uncompetitive. If we can beat them on Saturday and current form would suggest we'd be favoured to do so then we're setting ourselves up for a strong position this season.

It's too early and the competition is too even right now to talk finals but at least we've won more than 2 games before the State match and aren't relying on winning 8, 9 or 10 straight to make the Finals this season. Long may it continue.

This has been our best start to the season since 2007.

We have fixed a major issue - our start to the season, which is why we didn't play finals in 2006 and 2009, and why we didn't finish higher in 2010.

Johnson, Smith, Moss and Clutterbuck have been sensational and in state form.

Wulffy, Eades and Sweet have been more than serviceable.

Fingers & toes that we continue this great form for the rest of 2012 - do so and our 18th flag is within reach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Royals thread Forever Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back