Aus12

Senior List
Sep 25, 2010
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, USC Trojans
Not sure how much love there would be for Big Ants upcoming Rugby Union game on Bigfooty but it's one of the few places to directly reach Big Ant themselves so thought worthy of a thread for those of us who enjoy Rugby.

Above is an interview with Nacon, Big Ants parent company.

Is there anything else further you can share on the game BigAntStudios JNT BA?

I presume the game will be running on the same engine as AFL (although I think I've read in the AFL thread all your sport games use the same engine?)

Great to see the World Cup itself is licensed and similar domestic leagues featured in previous Nacon published Rugby games appear - URC, PRO 14 and Pro 14 D2

I think the Nacon release says 130 national teams are playable, should we expect a similar amount of nationally licensed teams as previous Nacon published games?

I think Rugby 22 had the All Blacks, Wallabies, Scotland, France, Italy, Ireland, Wales, Fiji, Japan & Georgia.

Understand you'll probably have to be very tight lipped at this stage but very excited for not only a new rugby game, but a Big Ant developed one at that!

Would love to be able to provide any feedback on gameplay/features, I've played every Rugby game since Rugby World Cup 1995 (some retrospectively and some when released) so certainly have plenty of items on the wishlist and ideas I'd personally love to see included.

Given the issues with AFL and cricket got delayed it would be almost odds on this game gets delayed…

Given the issues with AFL and cricket got delayed it would be almost odds on this game gets delayed…

Would be pretty funny if the game had some 'patterns of play' that belong more in an AFL game than a Rugby game. Just the same as how AFL '23 has a few 'rugby' influences (when the AI runs side by side via a straight line formation!).

Key selling point of the game is the Rugby World Cup license which becomes exceedingly redundant each day the game isn’t realised after the 7th September. But certainly would not be surprised.

Key selling point of the game is the Rugby World Cup license which becomes exceedingly redundant each day the game isn’t realised after the 7th September. But certainly would not be surprised.
Crickets key selling point like their last two games was releasing around the Ashes…:

Release dates have been removed from retailers now, make that of how you want but sounds likely its another delayed game.

Only a couple a weeks away now with no news. Surely it’s delayed?

Have to agree, seems Big Ant have bitten off far more than they could chew aiming for four releases in a year.

A shame too, I would have been happy if Eko Software kept it and made improvements to Rugby 22 as Rugby 22 was definitely a step in the right direction for them and for me was their first re-playable attempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Ant appear to be having a competition within their four walls as to which of their sporting titles will have the worst release this year.

1694311163023.png

Big Ant is a fan of throwing others under the bus for their ****ed up releases. This sounds as if it's the players/teams fault for not providing them with access for photos. And as if any player would want a game delayed for 5 months simple for more photogrammy

They should focus on capturing more 3D animations and not 3D player scans that have to be redone every single iteration

The fact that gameplay is the last thing mentioned says a lot about the direction that Big Ant have taken with recent releases. And yes, zero self accountability and very disrespectful to fans to announce within 1 week of the game releasing when you obviously would have known for months that it wasn’t going to be ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back