Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What is MLR? Is that rugby league or union?

It’s Union. Americans showing little understanding of the wording they’re using. Would’ve been better calling the comp the National Rugby Union or Nth American Rugby Union.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s Union. Americans showing little understanding of the wording they’re using. Would’ve been better calling the comp the National Rugby Union or Nth American Rugby Union.

Our local rugby union comp is called the super rugby not the super rugby union. Rugby union is often known as rugby whereas to most rugby league would be said to be league (in the short form name). This would be especially within the us where league is not as popular as union (from what i have heard and seen) and the us based pro teams playing in the English super league, maybe it should be super rugby league.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Our local rugby union comp is called the super rugby not the super rugby union. Rugby union is often known as rugby whereas to most rugby league would be said to be league (in the short form name). This would be especially within the us where league is not as popular as union (from what i have heard and seen) and the us based pro teams playing in the English super league, maybe it should be super rugby league.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Nah! National Rugby League is the best name!

Nuance has never really been an Americans strong suit. I think they’re trying to build the comp up as bigger than it is. It’s a niche sport in the US but calling it Major League is ambitious and using the term league alongside Rugby confuses the issue. Even Major Rugby Union could have worked.

Because this is an Aussies Rules forum.

We understand that they are two separate sports, and if this was a Rugby forum, there would definitely be two different threads for it.
Our logo thread is generic and encompasses both sport and business logos.
And there is a catch all sports thread as well for lesser known sports.

If it resulted in 40 new threads I'd understand, but it's literally trading out one thread for two (or even one - rugby union can live in the other sports thread lol)

One thread, and only one. This is the way it has been for all time. This is the way it will continue to be.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sharks will be showing their support for young forward Fine Kula, who unfortunately has been recently diagnosed with brain cancer, by modifying their nines jersey so that on the top it now reads "#FIGHTFORFINE". Similar to what the knights did with #riseforalex. Thanks to Frailty for providing this info and picture. 20200211_134219.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back