Rules of the Umpires Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Simply this is not a forum to slag off at the umpires.

Constructive criticism is welcome but as always it is a subjective test and the test will be narrow. There are plenty of other forums for you to vent your spleen, this is not the one.

Rule should be

Post in risk of the consequences, and those consequences may be an Epic Fail slapped on you by my expertise in this field.

Simply this is not a forum to slag off at the umpires.

Constructive criticism is welcome but as always it is a subjective test and the test will be narrow. There are plenty of other forums for you to vent your spleen, this is not the one.

Okay I'll bite. Depends on what your definition of 'narrow' is, or are you simply attempting to censor subjective, but legitimate, discussion (including bagging at times) of umpire form and decisions? What is your intention here?

Okay I'll bite. Depends on what your definition of 'narrow' is, or are you simply attempting to censor subjective, but legitimate, discussion (including bagging at times) of umpire form and decisions? What is your intention here?
He means not to personally criticise them. You can give all of us that umpire some constructive criticism and it won't be a problem.
With any of the field umpires in here you can make a comment like "you need to work on your bouncing".

Instead of making a comment such as "you are a disgrace".

Where in the hell is the respect for all umpires gone to?

C'mon guys we have to stop bickering with eachother. We all know that some umpires in here are a little better than some of the other ones. There's no need to act like you have put tickets on yourselves.

Sure we all have different opinions of different things that we see and do. But why step in and try and annoy others. It only frustrates those who really want to find out about the rules that they don't understand, decisions that are made by umpires that are going to be discussed.

Where in the hell is the respect for all umpires gone to?

C'mon guys we have to stop bickering with eachother. We all know that some umpires in here are a little better than some of the other ones. There's no need to act like you have put tickets on yourselves.

Sure we all have different opinions of different things that we see and do. But why step in and try and annoy others. It only frustrates those who really want to find out about the rules that they don't understand, decisions that are made by umpires that are going to be discussed.

here here

Can we see some yellow cards handed out? It's starting to get a bit unbearable with the drool posters are slandering the umpires with

Luke%20Farmer%20%28large%29.JPG

Respect umpires or you'll be seeing yellow

Can we see some yellow cards handed out? It's starting to get a bit unbearable with the drool posters are slandering the umpires with
Can anyone give me the written explanation for the use of a yellow card as i was at the North Gambier v Millicent western border footy league game on saturday and saw a player yellow carded for a late tackle wich seemed utterly ridiculous.

Can anyone give me the written explanation for the use of a yellow card as i was at the North Gambier v Millicent western border footy league game on saturday and saw a player yellow carded for a late tackle wich seemed utterly ridiculous.

any reportable offence gets a yellow or red card, for example
Law 19.2.2(g): intentionally, recklessly or negligently:
(vi) throwing or pushing another Player after that
Player has taken a Mark, disposed of the football
or after the football is otherwise out
of play;
(vii) engaging in rough conduct against an opponent
which in the circumstances is unreasonable

it would most likely have been one of these two. some leagues allow the use of yellow cards without a report for rough conduct so he may have been sent of and not reported for one of these 2 offences

:footy:Greetings footy fans

I am researching the AFL umpires and our perceptions of their performance.

Would very much appreciate you taking a few minutes to complete this voluntary survey (link below). Rest assured your answers will remain completely anonymous.
http://opinio.online.swin.edu.au/s?s=AFL_Umpires_2010

Please feel free to pass it on to any friends and associates who might like to have their say!

Thanks

Rob Gill

Swinburne University of Technology

Umpiring is a product of the rules of the game, and some umpires do it very well week-in and week-out. Others have bad days. But professional/elite AFL umpires are accountable to more than just the players, eg bookies, clubs, supporters - and should get it right close to 100% of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any reportable offence gets a yellow or red card, for example
Law 19.2.2(g): intentionally, recklessly or negligently:
(vi) throwing or pushing another Player after that
Player has taken a Mark, disposed of the football
or after the football is otherwise out
of play;
(vii) engaging in rough conduct against an opponent
which in the circumstances is unreasonable

it would most likely have been one of these two. some leagues allow the use of yellow cards without a report for rough conduct so he may have been sent of and not reported for one of these 2 offences

Hi guys, does an umpire have to notify the player himself that he has been reported on the day? In a local match the player was told by the coach that he had been reported.

only has to notify the captain of the team, but best approach is to notify the player themselves. Also should be done before the end of the game / qtr that incident occured

Remove this Banner Ad

Rules of the Umpires Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back