Rumour File #7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarke would be a good get but if he wants to leave because he wants to play how he wants to play then this wreaks of undiscipline. Mitch Brown, lol. He has played 6 games this year and I believe he couldn't get a game last year either. Since when was he any good? Not sure Malthouse will be all tht overly rated when Geelong knock Collingwood over this year. I'd rather we stick with Ratten who knows the list well and seems to be a hard working guy. Malthouse took 10 years or so to win a flag where he is and I am not sure he will be looking to spend another 10 years in coaching. Stickk with ratts.

i have heard Mitch Clark has officially requested a trade. would we chase him??

We would be interested. However, I don't believe he will be worth the currency that he will ultimately receive both in what the trade would cost (outgoing players and draft picks) and for what he receives (salary). I don't believe that he is a big enough "game changer" for us to really go after him hard. I can't remember the last time he influenced the final outcome of a match. You may suggest that it is because the Lions haven't been successful but even when he was breaking out in 2009 when they did have a good team he wasn't the reason why they were winning games. For mine, if we're to target an established power position player then he has to come with a known ability to break games wide open. There are very few of those around and those that get put up for trade are worth their weight in gold. Sadly, those that aren't quite up to that level carry the "potential" tag and that tag generally ensures that the currency/remuneration required to make such a trade is almost as costly as it is to get someone with a track record. We already have two who have the capability of playing his position (ruck who can go forward) carrying the "potential" tag in Hampson and Kreuzer.

I'll say it here right now. If we are to trade for a power position player then I hope that the club's philosophy is that of Chris Dawes, Kurt Tippett or bust. If another big man who has proven that he can alter the outcome of games does come on the market then obviously I would have interest in them. However, those two (Dawes and Tippett) are the only two that tick the boxes for the Blues in age, experience, performance to this point in time and future potential.

I am somewhat relieved that Butcher re-signed with Port. Too much risk factor involved there and would have commanded in the vicinity of Dawes/Tippett in trade. The last thing that a burgeoning premiership contender needs to be saddled with is a kid who is unable to fulfill his potential and who is earning 300+ big ones for three-to-five years. That can hamstring a club to the point where it finds itself unable to sustain a premiership drive.

He will be wearing purple next year.

But only if, as I have read, Freo stumps up their first round pick and Zac Clarke (the player mentioned in the article).

Too me, that seems like a very high price really

But only if, as I have read, Freo stumps up their first round pick and Zac Clarke (the player mentioned in the article).

Too me, that seems like a very high price really

I agree with you. If it were a top tier star who had proven he could win games then that may be worth it to a team with enough veterans to win it. However, for Fremantle they'd be getting a ruck/forward with sky high potential who has shown a bit for a ruck with sky high potential who has shown glimpses and a first rounder.

The only thing counter-balancing that FOR Fremantle is the potential "go home" factor that they'd be losing with giving up Clarke. I'm not sure that factor is enough to swing that much of a difference. However, if Brisbane gave up their second round selection it would make trade;

Zac Clarke + 16 for Mitch Clark + 30.

That's if no one gets any priority picks and/or uses compo picks

That could very well be close enough for Freo to make it a good trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Gunston has walked out of Adelaide.

Get?

I don't really see them being interested in any of the players we'd be willing to give up?

2nd rounder would be about right, maybe. That's going for Buckley though most likely.

Anyway, I don't profess to have seen too much of the kid but have heard he's more suited to being that flanker sort of player rather than KPF? If yes, I don't see much need or reason for us to get him.

Had a mate who heads up one of melbournes major stations, deals with some of the biggest names there is that malthouse was good as at the blues before his footy show performance.

Malthouse was reminded he would be finishing his one year contract directly after this.

The recent news that Ratts is on a one year deal seems coincidental to this

Havent read through this thread to see if its old news sorry if this is done already.

Barrett (Footy Show, Thursday night) said that if we won yesterday he'd be given a two year deal. I tend to believe that. Expect it to be announced shortly after we win that game on October 1. ;)

Had a mate who heads up one of melbournes major stations, deals with some of the biggest names there is that malthouse was good as at the blues before his footy show performance.

Malthouse was reminded he would be finishing his one year contract directly after this.

The recent news that Ratts is on a one year deal seems coincidental to this

Havent read through this thread to see if its old news sorry if this is done already.

Had MM on after todays game.

Spoke very highly of Ratts.

Seriously is Ratten the most unfairly critiqued coach in the history of the AFL?

I know he's not 'sexy' but cmon.

What more can he do?

I heard a rumour that Essendon are our bitches.
confirmed1.jpg

They only lost because they didn't have Jobe Watson and Dustin Fletcher. Oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back