Rumour File #7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have read elsewhere that Daniel Motlop (out of contract) doesn't think Port will retain him, but that GWS and Carlton had spoken to him.
Spoken to him is a long way from "wanting" him, and even if you did look to trade him in the cost would probably be low.
I suspect if we don't re-sign him (performance based 1 yr contract) that GWS will try to grab him as a previously listed player for nothing, but you would have options in the PSD as well as low end trade.

No - I'm not trying to sell him to you, but thought you would be interested in hearing.

No thanks.

Pass !!!!!!!!!!!

Swann re Russell: Sounded somewhat sheepish, but that is his style.
Stated that he is contracted and may be in line for selection this week.

Swann re Hampson: Was pretty cocky here and even offered him up to KB, for a joke.

Sheedy was on SEN this morning and Andy Maher asked him whether JR was going - KS said not aware he was going but doesn't confirm anything until the player has gone

very much tongue in cheeck. Besides JR's under contract and as "posters in the know" such as MS3 have said, JR's staying

Swann re Russell: Sounded somewhat sheepish, but that is his style.
Stated that he is contracted and may be in line for selection this week.

Swann re Hampson: Was pretty cocky here and even offered him up to KB, for a joke.

I heard that interview also and I must agree that when asked about JR, Swanny did sound rather non-convincing.

One other thing I wanted to raise, sounds kinda silly but I'm putting it out there. I'm not a follower of Twitter but my brother is mad on it. Anyway - he tells me that prior to JR being dropped he was on Twitter all the time (plenty of light hearted banter bewteen the CFC boys I'm told). But apparently since being dropped he has hardly been on it communicating with the CFC boys - maybe once or twice in the last 6-8 weeks at most.

Any coincidence there? Or perhaps JR has just grown tired of it....??

Again, Marty Pask confirmed that Russell's not interested in moving.

One other thing I wanted to raise, sounds kinda silly but I'm putting it out there. I'm not a follower of Twitter but my brother is mad on it. Anyway - he tells me that prior to JR being dropped he was on Twitter all the time (plenty of light hearted banter bewteen the CFC boys I'm told). But apparently since being dropped he has hardly been on it communicating with the CFC boys - maybe once or twice in the last 6-8 weeks at most.

Any coincidence there? Or perhaps JR has just grown tired of it....??
Thinking that a drop in regular activity on Twitter is a sign that Russell's communication with teammates has broken down is "silly" to say the least.

Andy Collins doesn't have twitter and has fallen off the face of the earth.

You know it makes sense EBIAC :p
I hear that Judd hack doesn't have a Twitter account either. Dead weight. :thumbsdown:

Have read elsewhere that Daniel Motlop (out of contract) doesn't think Port will retain him, but that GWS and Carlton had spoken to him.
Spoken to him is a long way from "wanting" him, and even if you did look to trade him in the cost would probably be low.
I suspect if we don't re-sign him (performance based 1 yr contract) that GWS will try to grab him as a previously listed player for nothing, but you would have options in the PSD as well as low end trade.

No - I'm not trying to sell him to you, but thought you would be interested in hearing.

I would be relly dissapointed if we did. I don't rate Motlop at all. Would be a list clogger along with Warnock. Warnock is ok but not for us at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, Marty Pask confirmed that Russell's not interested in moving.

Thinking that a drop in regular activity on Twitter is a sign that Russell's communication with teammates has broken down is "silly" to say the least.

Your right. .. Probably decided to shift his focus to getting fit and ready rather than social media. ..

So what...

Because a player manager says that his client has no interest in leaving during the season, you all honestly believe it to be true...

I would have taken you for smarter people than that.

Since when has anybody from any football club told the truth about anything while the season is still in full swing???

Major doubts hang over JR's head regardless of what anybody says.

His lack of match time in the second half of the season is damning at best, and those that continue to say it's because of form and fitness are burying their heads in the sand.

So what...

Because a player manager says that his client has no interest in leaving during the season, you all honestly believe it to be true...

I would have taken you for smarter people than that.

Since when has anybody from any football club told the truth about anything while the season is still in full swing???

Major doubts hang over JR's head regardless of what anybody says.

His lack of match time in the second half of the season is damning at best, and those that continue to say it's because of form and fitness are burying their heads in the sand.

Kind of makes it hard if the player's still contracted till the end of 2012, like JR

Unless, of course, both the club and player want to part ways

Kind of makes it hard if the player's still contracted till the end of 2012, like JR

Unless, of course, both the club and player want to part ways

This!

Maybe...just maybe...

Russell gets dropped..
Goes to Ratts to discuss his displeasure...
Ratts tells him to man up and work harder...
Russell cracks it and tells club he wants out...
Club agrees and starts trade negotiations with other clubs..(see Brock McLean and how he came to CFC).
Russell gets told he will be playing for the Bullants for the remainder of the season unless completely no other options.

Maybe...just maybe...

This!

Maybe...just maybe...

Russell gets dropped..
Goes to Ratts to discuss his displeasure...
Ratts tells him to man up and work harder...
Russell cracks it and tells club he wants out...
Club agrees and starts trade negotiations with other clubs..(see Brock McLean and how he came to CFC).
Russell gets told he will be playing for the Bullants for the remainder of the season unless completely no other options.

Maybe...just maybe...

I question why even you waste your own time... give yourself a rest i feel.

I question why even you waste your own time... give yourself a rest i feel.

Why follow the rest of the sheep Smurf??

It's good to think outside the square...because generally nothing plays out as everyone had it planned...

Shit happens and that is called life.

Everyone needs to get out of fairy land where everyone loves the club always and will forever be loyal until we don't want them anymore...

Head - Sand - You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back