Rumour rumour Kosi has broken ribs

Remove this Banner Ad

according to Glen Jackavich (sic) Kosi has broken ribs. could be why Stanley is in as emergency.

Liam pickering denied it, but of course he would deny if as he is Kosi's manager.

Well Hodge won a Norm Smith with supposedly broken ribs. Kosi seemed to play out the game OK against the Dogs too, took a big mark and kicked a goal in the last quarter from memory.

Does make you wonder though with Stanley named as an emergency, he would be the logical replacement if Kosi pulled out. McEvoy could probably play as a key forward as well.

Surely McEvoy comes in if Kosi doesnt play. Gardiner cant ruck entire game by himself and Stanley is nowhere near ready tobe rucking in the AFL.

I call bullshit.
My dad has broken ribs at the moment, and he can barely walk, let alone run, jump and mark.

a) Ribs =/= Rib
b) He's probably not in peak physical condition
c) He probably isn't getting painkiller injections to mask all the pain for 2 hours
d) Proof it can be done: Hawthorn (i.e. Dermie, Dipper)

Terribly unlucky for the bloke, although if he can get up he will.

I imagine the pain of missing a grand final would surpass that of any physical pain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all smoke and mirrors.....Stanley out of sprint solely because he has been named as an emergency and needs to fresh IN CASE something untoward happens in the warm-up (which can happen) and they want him fresh JUST IN case!!

can this be confirmed? did he seem distraught at the open training session earlier this week?

he played out the rest of the game against the dogs so i'd assume he'll be right to go.

I think he would be given to the las minute to see how he pulled up. If they are broken then probably out but they may just be bruised & sore.

Do you risk him & play him sore or play a fit player - always tough. He is a key player to your structure and would be a big loss. A bit like Rocca was for us - much maligned, but gave a contest and provided something for the rest of the forward line.

If Kosi is out I am predicting a double change. Gardiner cannot ruck all by himself all day & if he does what if he gets injured? Blake can back up but he is the best bet on Cloke, so it causes a bad domino effect. I would say McEvoy & Stanley in. McEvoy to play back up ruckman and then rotate all three through the forward line. I have no idea who they drop out - maybe Baker is a bluff or another small draws a very stiff short straw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour rumour Kosi has broken ribs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back