Remove this Banner Ad

Zapp

Senior List
Aug 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Posted on the main board.

Just giving you all the heads up, but I reckon its BS. If he is out with the 'flu', then I'll cry, and I'll lose my GF. Sad way to bow out on the decider, because of a team tanking!!!

If anyone knows more, please please let us know!

Also just posted on the Carlton board:

"Murphy will miss on the weekend with tosilitis"

I'm still expecting Scotland to be a late withdrawal for "general soreness" too.

So anyone reckon it's real? Sounds like they won't show up on the weekend!

For me, I'll leave him in, cover with JWS if necessary. Can use my one, last, precious, valuable trade elsewhere.

What's the bet there are a few more rumours/withdrawals that pop up.

I posted this in the supercoach main thread.

All this has started because one guy on the main board said "a mate told me he heard"

Probably all a load of crap. :rolleyes:

Would like to see him miss though :thumbsu:

1. Why?

2. Are you in a Grand Final this week?

1. Because it is essentially a lottery week where players are being rested, suspended, withdrawn, tanked, recalled, dropped, put into surgery in a haphazard way - just look at this week. Winning your League over 22-26 weeks ain't a fluke or luck - winning a two-way contest this week is.

2. Yes, I am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Because it is essentially a lottery week where players are being rested, suspended, withdrawn, tanked, recalled, dropped, put into surgery in a haphazard way - just look at this week. Winning your League over 22-26 weeks ain't a fluke or luck - winning a two-way contest this week is.

The alternative would be to start 2 weeks earlier so that the Grand Final was two weeks ago, but I quite like the way it is.

I find the regular season more of a fluke because however unlikely, potentially you could have the greatest points aggregate and yet not win a game!

I somewhat agree... I made the last two Grand Finals, as minor premier both times, as favourite both times, and lost both times due to reasons like The Made Guy said.

This week has more luck in it than any other, rather than skill/knowledge. But it is still fun, and what is the alternative?

Bit extreme but you could have a two week average i.e. 2 legs from the semi final onwards. That way you can make up on a freak weak and also would mean more rounds of the season are being utilised apart from wasting the first 3 rounds. It would be interesting but i'm pretty happy with the way things stand.

2 week gf is the way to go. Just start the h&a season in round 3 instead of round 4. Imagine the shit talking during the week in a close gf!!!

Issue is, can you trade between leg one and leg two. Can you change captains. Can you change emergencies.

I think it would be awesome

2 week gf is the way to go. Just start the h&a season in round 3 instead of round 4. Imagine the shit talking during the week in a close gf!!!

Issue is, can you trade between leg one and leg two. Can you change captains. Can you change emergencies.

I think it would be awesome
Interesting idea for sure, it sounds worthy of a trial imo.
If they were to make the GF over two weeks, I don't think they could lock things down for that time - what about the people going for an overall ranking win? Surely they must be allowed to alter their teams.
However, it shouldn't matter much anyway, since I'd think that any decent GF coach would make his last trade on the first week of the GF to give him the best advantage. In wk 2 its only a matter of changing captains and making substitutions if needed.

Interesting idea for sure, it sounds worthy of a trial imo.
If they were to make the GF over two weeks, I don't think they could lock things down for that time - what about the people going for an overall ranking win? Surely they must be allowed to alter their teams.
However, it shouldn't matter much anyway, since I'd think that any decent GF coach would make his last trade on the first week of the GF to give him the best advantage. In wk 2 its only a matter of changing captains and making substitutions if needed.

Could be worth keeping one in case of injuries though

Posted on the main board.

Just giving you all the heads up, but I reckon its BS. If he is out with the 'flu', then I'll cry, and I'll lose my GF. Sad way to bow out on the decider, because of a team tanking!!!

If anyone knows more, please please let us know!

CHOO CHOO all aboard!! Thomas the TANK engine at your service.

Carlton you are a disgrace.

I haven't heard anything, except Waite may be late withdrawal?

Apparently Ratten was watching Kruizer play yesterday!

Even though ive got him, i want him to be a late withdrawal. I got barlow on the bench with 82 and still going while my opponent will have no-one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours - CARRAZZO OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back