Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Had never even heard of flip belts, they look interesting. I never run with my phone, it's just too big and I've never felt an easy way to carry it.

I run in a full length pair of Skins. I don't know how much of a difference they really make but I've always felt better running in them so they always get worn.
The key point there is your last one, you feel better in them.. so that is all that matters.

Half tights rock, the aeroswift ones are amazing for comfort for a long run but no room for a phone.
yeah they are those ribbed ones aren't they? I have had a couple of pairs and agree they are great.. i just have some LSKD ones now and they are going great guns. I have heard very very good things about the Lululemon ones, but they are never in stock in Mediums so i haven't managed to get my hands on any yet

yeah they are those ribbed ones aren't they? I have had a couple of pairs and agree they are great.. i just have some LSKD ones now and they are going great guns. I have heard very very good things about the Lululemon ones, but they are never in stock in Mediums so i haven't managed to get my hands on any yet

Yeah they're the ones, also an inbuilt liner that's actually good.

The Lululemon ones are nice for the pockets but the liner is a bit meh.

Had never even heard of flip belts, they look interesting. I never run with my phone, it's just too big and I've never felt an easy way to carry it.

I run in a full length pair of Skins. I don't know how much of a difference they really make but I've always felt better running in them so they always get worn.

Flip belts are the best, I ran for 8 years with a phone arm band, which was ok but sucks later on in a marathon or a long run (I’m a 4 hour marathoner) - been using flip belt for 6 months it’s so good; phone, keys, gels, whatever else, can’t feel a thing.

Flip belts are the best, I ran for 8 years with a phone arm band, which was ok but sucks later on in a marathon or a long run (I’m a 4 hour marathoner) - been using flip belt for 6 months it’s so good; phone, keys, gels, whatever else, can’t feel a thing.
Definitely going to have to try one of these by the sounds of it.

Would love to listen to the rest of my music and not just one playlist haha

Out of interest, what watch is everyone using?

Garmin Fenix 6 Pro, which was purchased at JB HiFi when it was 50% off (don't pay full retail).

Quick update on the running now I'm on Ritalin. Split times have continued to come down, and I was able to do 10km today in 54:26 with a split time of 5:26. Previously that would have been 5:45-5:50.

Looking to do a half marathon in the next week before heading off on holiday.

What's everyone's shoe rotation at the moment? Alternating Novablasts & Ghost Maxs, but have a marathon in a month and thinking I'll need extra stability/cushioning for my knees.

What's everyone's shoe rotation at the moment? Alternating Novablasts & Ghost Maxs, but have a marathon in a month and thinking I'll need extra stability/cushioning for my knees.

Too many… I have an unnecessarily large number of shoes and am injured currently!

If you like the Novablast see if you can try out the Superblast, they’re a beast of a long run shoe but also generally a great shoe, really versatile. The more I’ve run in them the more I appreciated them. They’ve just released the 2 so the 1 might finally go on sale somewhere.

Otherwise the Endorphin Speed and Triumph would still make up the bulk of my mileage. The new Triumph is very intriguing given the foam change and I’ll probably grab a pair once I can find them with a discount.

Nike Invincibles for my recovery easy runs, and then I'm rotating Puma Deviate Nitro 2s, Saucony Endorphin Speeds, and for my long runs Saucony Kinvara Pros... And I've got a pair of ON Cloudmonster 2s coming Monday 😂

If you like the Novablast see if you can try out the Superblast, they’re a beast of a long run shoe but also generally a great shoe, really versatile. The more I’ve run in them the more I appreciated them. They’ve just released the 2 so the 1 might finally go on sale somewhere.
Thanks, yes I've been trying to get my hands on some OG Superblasts for some time now. Problem is (apart from scarcity) is my feet are 2E, so I can't typically just order online with certainty for the standard-only width shoes. Those Superblast 2s in the Paris colourway look amazing though.
Otherwise the Endorphin Speed and Triumph would still make up the bulk of my mileage. The new Triumph is very intriguing given the foam change and I’ll probably grab a pair once I can find them with a discount.
Interesting. I've never tried Saucony but hear pretty rave reviews. I might look out for some deals on some Triumphs. Also keen to give Altra a whirl.

Last edited:
Nike Invincibles for my recovery easy runs, and then I'm rotating Puma Deviate Nitro 2s, Saucony Endorphin Speeds, and for my long runs Saucony Kinvara Pros... And I've got a pair of ON Cloudmonster 2s coming Monday 😂
Mate you've quite the collection going. Heard great things about the Puma foams... tried some ONs well, on, and they felt like running on trampolines!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you've quite the collection going. Heard great things about the Puma foams... tried some ONs well, on, and they felt like running on trampolines!
I've also got a pair of Alphaflys in their bag hanging in my wardrobe that are far too fancy a shoe for me but I ran only marathon to this point in them haha.. They are a cheat code tho

Yeah surely they'd be worth 5 seconds off each split.

I think I need to try these shoes. No idea how you guys try so many, they cost a fortune not to mention I’m literally find a shoe I can trust and don’t stray from it. I’m still running in the same brand I found that I liked 9 years ago.

I think I need to try these shoes. No idea how you guys try so many, they cost a fortune not to mention I’m literally find a shoe I can trust and don’t stray from it. I’m still running in the same brand I found that I liked 9 years ago.
The price is getting ridiculous, one of my pairs I got off marketplace.. 1 I've had for 18 months, and I now only get some when I find a price that is just too good to ignore. The Cloudmonsters I'm getting were 70 bucks off on Running Warehouse and I tried my luck with a discount code on top that worked so I got a 300 buck pair of shoes for 178... Can't ignore that!

Run a lot… then you can justify it!

I also usually buy a couple of pairs on sale and if I don’t like them on-sell them on marketplace.

I’ve tried the Alphafly 1 and 2, Vaporfly Next% (1) and have a VF3 sitting there to try. All bought on sale, probably out of pocket maybe $100 per shoe once I tried them and on sold them. Nike isn’t always a good fit for me.

Meanwhile the Saucony Endorphin Pro 3 was so good I wore through one pair and bought a second!

Thanks, yes I've been trying to get my hands on some OG Superblasts for some time now. Problem is (apart from scarcity) is my feet are 2E, so I can't typically just order online with certainty for the standard-only width shoes. Those Superblast 2s in the Paris colourway look amazing though.

Interesting. I've never tried Saucony but hear pretty rave reviews. I might look out for some deals on some Triumphs. Also keen to give Altra a whirl.

Superblast are a generous fit length-wise, I’m fairly normal width through the heel and midfoot but like a bit more room in the toes and they’ve been quite good.

If you can try out the Endorphin Speed for fit they’re my favourite shoes, absolutely amazing versatility and genuinely deserve all the hype around them IMO. I’ve tried the Boston 12, Deviate Nitro 2, Rebel v4 and none of them have been as good a balance of comfort, weight and speed as the Speed’s - for me anyway.

The price is getting ridiculous, one of my pairs I got off marketplace.. 1 I've had for 18 months, and I now only get some when I find a price that is just too good to ignore. The Cloudmonsters I'm getting were 70 bucks off on Running Warehouse and I tried my luck with a discount code on top that worked so I got a 300 buck pair of shoes for 178... Can't ignore that!
Have to let us know what you think of the Cloudmonsters - I very almost picked up a pair a couple of months ago but decided against it late in the piece. They certainly felt interesting.

Have to let us know what you think of the Cloudmonsters - I very almost picked up a pair a couple of months ago but decided against it late in the piece. They certainly felt interesting.
I just got a notification that they are being delivered today, so I will test them tomorrow morning!

Superblast are a generous fit length-wise, I’m fairly normal width through the heel and midfoot but like a bit more room in the toes and they’ve been quite good.

If you can try out the Endorphin Speed for fit they’re my favourite shoes, absolutely amazing versatility and genuinely deserve all the hype around them IMO. I’ve tried the Boston 12, Deviate Nitro 2, Rebel v4 and none of them have been as good a balance of comfort, weight and speed as the Speed’s - for me anyway.
Do you have the Speed 4s?
I have my finger hovering over the button to get a pair of them, I had the first iteration but quickly sold them as they just didn't work with my gait and felt really unstable... but what i am reading all seems to say they are stable now and that has improved... so if that is the case and they are as good as everyone else says they may be my marathon shoe..

That or the Pro 4 which I am also looking at haha

Do you have the Speed 4s?
I have my finger hovering over the button to get a pair of them, I had the first iteration but quickly sold them as they just didn't work with my gait and felt really unstable... but what i am reading all seems to say they are stable now and that has improved... so if that is the case and they are as good as everyone else says they may be my marathon shoe..

That or the Pro 4 which I am also looking at haha

Yep I've got the 4, I've had a hip injury so haven't done any faster work in them yet. Never ran in the Speed 1 but have done heaps of kms in the 2 and 3.

The 2 was 'faster' but more wobbly, probably the limit of what I can handle stability (or lack thereof) wise. I believe the 1 and 2 were pretty similar.

The 3 was a little more mellow, the rocker was toned down a touch from memory, still a great fast run shoe but more comfortable and stable than the 2. I think the 3 would work for a much wider variety of people than the 2, where if it worked for you it was great, but if not then it didn't.

The 4 seems somewhere between the two so far for me, the Speedroll isn't as noticeable as in the 2 which really worked for my gait, but it's a bit lighter and firmer than the 3 whilst keeping the winged plate that made it more stable. I'm not 100% sold on the extra foam at the back of the heel but again I've not really done anything really fast in them yet to see how they go for tempo work.

The 3 was much more stable than the 2, so if you can get a cheap deal on those maybe give them a try. They changed the plate between the 2 and 3, the 4 using the same plate (AFAIK) as the 3.

If you haven't, the Rebel v4 is worth a look at, it's super light and has a nice wide platform so feels pretty stable underfoot for me. Doesn't have the rocker geometry or plate so it's a very different feeling shoe to the Endorphin. I'd take the Rebel for short < 400 track rep stuff, the Speed is a great tempo / longer rep shoe where you're settling in to a rhythm.

I haven't tried the Pro 4, I'm studiously avoiding the reviews because I'm injured and can't run in them but will convince myself I need them anyway 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back