Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I've got the 4, I've had a hip injury so haven't done any faster work in them yet. Never ran in the Speed 1 but have done heaps of kms in the 2 and 3.

The 2 was 'faster' but more wobbly, probably the limit of what I can handle stability (or lack thereof) wise. I believe the 1 and 2 were pretty similar.

The 3 was a little more mellow, the rocker was toned down a touch from memory, still a great fast run shoe but more comfortable and stable than the 2. I think the 3 would work for a much wider variety of people than the 2, where if it worked for you it was great, but if not then it didn't.

The 4 seems somewhere between the two so far for me, the Speedroll isn't as noticeable as in the 2 which really worked for my gait, but it's a bit lighter and firmer than the 3 whilst keeping the winged plate that made it more stable. I'm not 100% sold on the extra foam at the back of the heel but again I've not really done anything really fast in them yet to see how they go for tempo work.

The 3 was much more stable than the 2, so if you can get a cheap deal on those maybe give them a try. They changed the plate between the 2 and 3, the 4 using the same plate (AFAIK) as the 3.

If you haven't, the Rebel v4 is worth a look at, it's super light and has a nice wide platform so feels pretty stable underfoot for me. Doesn't have the rocker geometry or plate so it's a very different feeling shoe to the Endorphin. I'd take the Rebel for short < 400 track rep stuff, the Speed is a great tempo / longer rep shoe where you're settling in to a rhythm.

I haven't tried the Pro 4, I'm studiously avoiding the reviews because I'm injured and can't run in them but will convince myself I need them anyway 🤣
hahaha well these are going to be long run/marathon shoes... so i am not sure the Rebel fits the need for me... I am however doing lots of looking into the NB SuperComp Elite V4s...

hahaha well these are going to be long run/marathon shoes... so i am not sure the Rebel fits the need for me... I am however doing lots of looking into the NB SuperComp Elite V4s...

I did most of my long marathon training runs in the Pro 3 since I was going to race in them and had a pair anyway, but the Speed 3 would have been a pretty good alternative if I didn't have those. I assume the 4 would be similar.

I tried the older RC Elite 2 (predecessor) and the new Rebel fits way better and is now TTS, so the SC Elite 4 could be a goer given it's a similar shape / upper. Gets really good reviews.

Does anyone run in the Endorphin Speed 4’s? They’ve got a new colour way out and I might have the opportunity to purchase them much cheaper.

Don’t have a speed shoe currently, would anyone recommend them?

I've got a pair of the 4, have been injured so haven't done anything fast in them but have done plenty of miles in the Speed 2 and Speed 3 and they're great shoes. If you can get a good deal on them I'd definitely recommend them.

Do 95% of my running in Sauconys. Love the Speeds also. Almost worn out two pairs of the 3s with about 700k in both. Love the versatility of them to be able to do speed work and long runs in them. Wear the Pro 4s for racing but haven't tried the Elites yet.

The original Endorphin Pros are my favourite shoe still. 1st super shoe like my 1st love .

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Beautiful conditions for Run Melb this morning. I’m in marathon training so ran warm up 9kms to start line then raced the half, for a 30k long run. (A severe lack of trains and trams going north meant I then walked another 5 or so). 10 weeks until Berlin…
How many km's are you running a week 10 weeks out from Berlin?

How many km's are you running a week 10 weeks out from Berlin?

Have clocked 100+ for past 4 weeks. I’ve always preferred high mileage when mara training though. Following a Runna program for the first time (plus throwing in my own extra base sessions); has a weekly speed and a tempo, as well as some tempo in most long runs. Challenging but really enjoying the app and noticing weekly gains. Doing another half down in Taupo NZ in 2 weeks so will have an easy week leading into that and properly race that one, see if I can PR there. That then leaves another good 5-6 week block before Berlin taper.

Have clocked 100+ for past 4 weeks. I’ve always preferred high mileage when mara training though. Following a Runna program for the first time (plus throwing in my own extra base sessions); has a weekly speed and a tempo, as well as some tempo in most long runs. Challenging but really enjoying the app and noticing weekly gains. Doing another half down in Taupo NZ in 2 weeks so will have an easy week leading into that and properly race that one, see if I can PR there. That then leaves another good 5-6 week block before Berlin taper.
what time are you aiming for with multiple 100+ km weeks out of interest?

Do 95% of my running in Sauconys. Love the Speeds also. Almost worn out two pairs of the 3s with about 700k in both. Love the versatility of them to be able to do speed work and long runs in them. Wear the Pro 4s for racing but haven't tried the Elites yet.

The original Endorphin Pros are my favourite shoe still. 1st super shoe like my 1st love .

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I got a pair of the Endorphin Pro 4s the other day, did 7k easy in them this morning just to test the waters and they were great.. they will be my shoes for Melbourne Mara.. just will get a few runs in them over the next 12 weeks to get them having about 50-60km in them for race day is the plan.

I also got some Cloudmonster 2s the other week and i have only ran in them 3 times but i swear they are feeling better each time and were fantastic last week when i did some efforts, so have a 16km run on the weekend and will be wearing them then, with the plan for them to be my long run shoes for the most part.
I do also have some Saucony Kinvara pros that i love and have been doing all my long runs in, so the plan is to alternate them just so my foot keeps used to that speedroll/foam and fit combo

Am I overthinking it all, obviously!

also related somewhat.... Had my entry confirmed the other week for Melbourne this year.
So I am going again to go for Marathon number 2.

Have a different coach this time around, and already I feel like I will be better placed for it.. have been building up week by week currently, not feeling my knee at all which is the best news.
Touch Wood, feeling good, will launch into the program from a good place, or as good a place as I could have hoped to me.

Coach reckons i am tracking to be around 3:30 for the full which is exciting and nice to hear is a goal (my first i did 3:57)

I’ll be joining you for Melbourne.

I had signed up last year, but contracted COVID in the week of the race and pulled out. So I have unfinished business and would happily take your sub 4 hr time.

I did the Surf Coast Trail Marathon last month, Torquay to Fairhaven, which was wild and so much fun. Hard work though with the beach running, stairs and undulating course.

I’m not sure Melbourne will be as fun but it’s a good opportunity for a PB. The plan is to run in the sub-4 hr pace group and hide in the slip stream Tour de France style. 😂

Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back