Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Ahh a side note :'( Athol Guy (Seekers) was the step-brother of Annie Viergever.

March 30, 2010 — 6.31am: report:

A woman who died in a suspected murder-suicide in Mount Macedon overnight is the step-sister of The Seekers superstar Athol Guy.

The bodies of Annie Viergever, 60, and her husband Jaap Viergever, 64, were found in their Zig Zag Road home after fire tore through the property late last night (+dogs)

https://www.smh.com.au/national/seekers-sister-killed-in-suspected-murdersuicide-20100330-r8mw.html

Thought I'd play this lovely piece (for all us BF stressed out sleuths).... I'll never find another you.

edit: add date: March 30, 2010 — 6.31am

Last edited:
What’s the sunscreen references about !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It was intimated earlier that old Gregg had some quiet time in the vehicle with Mrs palm and some sunscreen…allegedly caught on a listening device. Cannot confirm or deny.

'Friends said the answering machine tape and Lisa’s detailed diary were missing.'
What if Greg Lynn read/stole Lisa's diary, and there was something in Lisa's diary documenting or implying, or interpreted as that Lynn had made damaging/incriminating to Greg Lynn disclosures to a Viergever.

Then with this having played on Greg Lynn's mind for the next 10 years along with him being concerned about what else about his behavior Lynn had discosed to the Viergevers , Lynn either decided to

1. Find out how much of a threat the Viergever's were to him from what Lynn had, or had possibly disclosed to them all those years ago, by visiting the Viergevers under the guide of for old times sake; and or

2. Just break in and kill them to remove the actual, possible or perceived Viergever threat to himself.
Grego seems to like taking things if not to cover up things to spend the dead’s money. Him taking and using Hill’s money might be minute in the big scheme of things but to me it just makes him a bigger lowlife.

Ahh a side note :'( Athol Guy (Seekers) was the step-brother of Annie Viergever.

A woman who died in a suspected murder-suicide in Mount Macedon overnight is the step-sister of The Seekers superstar Athol Guy.

The bodies of Annie Viergever, 60, and her husband Jaap Viergever, 64, were found in their Zig Zag Road home after fire tore through the property late last night (+dogs)

https://www.smh.com.au/national/seekers-sister-killed-in-suspected-murdersuicide-20100330-r8mw.html

Thought I'd play this lovely piece (for all us BF stressed out sleuths).... I'll never find another you.

Athol going through his London Michael Caine period. Cool as.

Alcohol can be injected, however I imagine post mortem would identify puncture wounds associated with injection.

Another potential route of administration could be spiking other beverages with high concentrations of alcohol and benzos

The scenario I imagine re being social drinkers, could be that an old acquaintance shows up out of the blue that evening… they have a few drinks, some of which are spiked and the rest is history. Who knows, just my brain trying to make sense of it
Yep i had similar thoughts

Grego seems to like taking things if not to cover up things to spend the dead’s money. Him taking and using Hill’s money might be minute in the big scheme of things but to me it just makes him a bigger lowlife.

Yeah I can see why he did it in the course of the cover up. It’s despicable behaviour but everything he did was. In his warped mind he was trying to stay off the grid ie not getting pinged on credit/debit purchases that would put him in proximity.

The way his brain works. Lordy. The psych assessment in his sentencing is going to be a doozy.

Yeah I can see why he did it in the course of the cover up. It’s despicable behaviour but everything he did was. In his warped mind he was trying to stay off the grid ie not getting pinged on credit/debit purchases that would put him in proximity.

The way his brain works. Lordy. The psych assessment in his sentencing is going to be a doozy.
Hopefully we’ll get to hear the psych assessment.
I’m sure we’ve all made our own assessments after watching his interview.
Certainly self indulged with no thought for anyone but himself.

Just jump onto AusLii and search some of the big profile decisions to see how the psych assessments are introduced. You don’t get the full diagnoses but the judge will introduce what he thinks is relevant to sentencing.

The Adrian Bayley one still gives me goosebumps. He was dumb as dogshit but still managed to get through the cracks. Complete psycho.

I’m mystified by this too… how does one administer alcohol to someone presumably without their knowledge or consent? Coroner report mentioned Viersveger's were social drinkers, but the level was a bit more than social I would have thought.

Despite the gunshots, they were found to have smoke in the lungs, indicating their are alive for some time after the fire had commenced.

Gl & Lisa are estranged at the time of her death and were not living together, however that did not stop him on another occasion where her admitted to breaking into her house to steal items including the car.

Annie wasn't exactly drunk, her reading was only .06. She had an elevated level of Sertraline but that probably isn't anything to be alarmed about and she had a benzo as well, probably something like a Xanax, not unusual for someone with a history of depression and anxiety. imo.

Mr V's reading was higher.

Just jump onto AusLii and search some of the big profile decisions to see how the psych assessments are introduced. You don’t get the full diagnoses but the judge will introduce what he thinks is relevant to sentencing.

The Adrian Bayley one still gives me goosebumps. He was dumb as dogshit but still managed to get through the cracks. Complete psycho.

We got nothing when Edwards was sentenced for the Claremont murders. I'm sure that was under some kind of deal arrangement between the prosecution and the defence, even the judge remarked on it.

We got nothing when Edwards was sentenced for the Claremont murders. I'm sure that was under some kind of deal arrangement between the prosecution and the defence, even the judge remarked on it.

Yeah that’s one I’ve started to take an interest in again. Have been re-listening to the podcasts and re-reading news articles from that time.

I just don’t believe he stopped doing his evil deeds after Glennon and I reckon he did a lot more than known prior to that.

In terms of comparison to Lynn, I think we’ll get something from the judge - jury trial v judge only and a lot more information in the public domain in Victoria. Clearly there were things about Edwards that just couldn’t be released.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t get the full assessment but just those points the judge deems relevant for sentencing. That’s what normally happens. Who knows this whole thing has been one for the ages.

Clearly there were things about Edwards that just couldn’t be released.

Yep, his medical records including his psychiatric history. After the prosecutor saying early in she was waiting for Edwards medical records, ultimately they weren't handed up to the judge at sentencing.

Reason being imo, is because the public probably would have been outraged. If they weren't outraged enough.

Yep, his medical records including his psychiatric history. After the prosecutor saying early in she was waiting for Edwards medical records, ultimately they weren't handed up to the judge at sentencing.

Reason being imo, is because the public probably would have been outraged. If they weren't outraged enough.

Well I’m sure his cross dressing fetish will be appreciated in prison.

40 year minimum term, clearly the court was privy to more than what was presented at trial publicly.

Yeah I don’t think he thought about going down that path. Debatable whether the Macedon murder suicide couple had n gun, it’s just not proven one way or the other despite it sounding unlikely and or very suspicious.

Russell on the other hand. Would have had to have found a 12 gauge shotgun and slug shot.

Just seems implausible he does a spur of the moment murder suicide by stealing a shotgun from a neighbouring camper. GL is a slippery mofo but not even he could pull that one off.

Is it 100% positive that Lynn knew about Hill's negative inclination towards guns and hunting or could he have heard that post incident via media forms?

A stolen shotgun that can't really be traced, risky to assume Hill had one but could never know for sure, and the set-up of the wallets and cards etc to make it look like a robbery has very obviously been done to infer someone had gone through the place so police may think that items may be stolen.

It sort of half fits half doesn't. Wonder how empty Hill's bottle of alcohol was?

Is it 100% positive that Lynn knew about Hill's negative inclination towards guns and hunting or could he have heard that post incident via media forms?

A stolen shotgun that can't really be traced, risky to assume Hill had one but could never know for sure, and the set-up of the wallets and cards etc to make it look like a robbery has very obviously been done to infer someone had gone through the place so police may think that items may be stolen.

It sort of half fits half doesn't. Wonder how empty Hill's bottle of alcohol was?

Doesn’t matter IMO. A suicide murder theory works only if RH has a gun. And then it would have to be a particular type of gun that shoots a particular type of projectile. The only one of which is located 70 meters from them.

It’s just not plausible. Anyway clearly GL got that and went a different direction.

There’s pictures of Hill’s esky showing Hill’s bottle of alcohol. Not sure how full it was when he left to camp.
I personally think the bodies would have to be found somewhere in the area if it was to look like a murder suicide or put in the tent when it was set alight.

Annie wasn't exactly drunk, her reading was only .06. She had an elevated level of Sertraline but that probably isn't anything to be alarmed about and she had a benzo as well, probably something like a Xanax, not unusual for someone with a history of depression and anxiety. imo.

Mr V's reading was higher.
I’m on Sertraline and have accidentally taken 2 instead of one because I’ve forgotten if I’ve taken it ( I actually need to take conscious note that I’ve had one in the morning otherwise it’s an automatic action) .. I love a bourbon or 2 (or 3 or 4😂😂) and probably have added a Valium or 2 in the mix and I’m still here.

I’m sure sertraline overdose is very possible but it’s not one I would chose to overdose on if I was that way inclined

There’s pictures of Hill’s esky showing Hill’s bottle of alcohol. Not sure how full it was when he left to camp.
I personally think the bodies would have to be found somewhere in the area if it was to look like a murder suicide or put in the tent when it was set alight.
A bottle of bundy , maybe a third drunk and cougar cans I think?

Yeah I understand that bit, but from the assumption they were husband and wife, Lynn checks their wallets different surnames (I'm positive he would need to know their names to follow the media), photos of other people in the wallets and not of each other.

Plan may have been get them liquored up one way or another then go the murder suicide route. Fire starts from the camp stove over dinner. Bodies are found with alcohol in their system and a burnt out campsite and robbed car.

Falls apart when he realises they aren't married or something else doesn't fit the narrative ie angle of gunshot or multiple shots. Has to reconsider things and that leads to taking the bodies and his sloppy, dead ended, and extremely risky, transportation of the bodies.

Yeah I understand that bit, but from the assumption they were husband and wife, Lynn checks their wallets different surnames (I'm positive he would need to know their names to follow the media), photos of other people in the wallets and not of each other.

Plan may have been get them liquored up one way or another then go the murder suicide route. Fire starts from the camp stove over dinner. Bodies are found with alcohol in their system and a burnt out campsite and robbed car.

Falls apart when he realises they aren't married or something else doesn't fit the narrative ie angle of gunshot or multiple shots. Has to reconsider things and that leads to taking the bodies and his sloppy, dead ended, and extremely risky, transportation of the bodies.

Think we can dismiss the murder/suicide route and the elaborate plan to get them drunk so it could happen.

There’s absolutely no evidence for it all. It’s just silliness

I’m on Sertraline and have accidentally taken 2 instead of one because I’ve forgotten if I’ve taken it ( I actually need to take conscious note that I’ve had one in the morning otherwise it’s an automatic action) .. I love a bourbon or 2 (or 3 or 4😂😂) and probably have added a Valium or 2 in the mix and I’m still here.

I’m sure sertraline overdose is very possible but it’s not one I would chose to overdose on if I was that way inclined
Yeah it’s not hard to be over .05.
I had one can of rum and coke before driving and was pulled up by police for rbt and my reading was just under .05 .
I couldn’t believe it.

Back