Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Latest Podcast episode is a good one.

It goes through his police interviews and focuses on holes in his story that the jury were not allowed to hear.

Remembering the Jury were told many times by Dann that Lynn was always 100% with the police from the very start.

It would be a tough pill to swallow for the families of Hill and Clay having all this revealed after the trial.

Latest Podcast episode is a good one.

It goes through his police interviews and focuses on holes in his story that the jury were not allowed to hear.

Remembering the Jury were told many times by Dann that Lynn was always 100% with the police from the very start.

It would be a tough pill to swallow for the families of Hill and Clay having all this revealed after the trial.

Link

I haven't followed this case as closely as others but it seems to me that he would have got away with it if he hadn't cooperated with police. His ego was his undoing (thinking he could outsmart them).

It was a Mobile phone ping that put him on the Police radar thanks to a road being closed when he tried to leave and he had to go home another way.

Which also resulted in him getting caught on camera.

I haven't followed this case as closely as others but it seems to me that he would have got away with it if he hadn't cooperated with police. His ego was his undoing (thinking he could outsmart them).
If had turned right at the Dargo Rd and wended his way back to Melbourne along the backroads he would have got away with it.

A generic call from the Police for information about people seen in the Vally wouldn't have identified him

It was his own hubris that convicted him

If had turned right at the Dargo Rd and wended his way back to Melbourne along the backroads he would have got away with it.

A generic call from the Police for information about people seen in the Vally wouldn't have identified him

It was his own hubris that convicted him
It was that confidence that leads me to think he has faced similar situation(s) before and gotten away with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither of those pieces of evidence would be enough to charge him with murder though.
It pinged the same time as Hill's phone though and that would be very close to enough IMO. Obviously Hill is missing at this stage but it would insinuate Hill is sitting in the car with Lynn. Very strong piece of evidence so much so that even Lynn knew this as I believe Police told him after the arrest his car and phone were captured going through CCTV at exact same time as Hill's phone. Bear in mind at this point time Hill has been missing for 18 months presumed dead.

He might have got away with it, IF
... his story was true, AND
... he hadn't destroyed the evidence that would have proved it, EXCEPT
... it probably wasn't and didn't

Lynn talks about shooting deer, knowing animals anatomy and of his experience which is completely different to what he told the police the first time when he said while he owned guns, he'd never shot an animal. He was an experienced hunter.

The Missing Campers Podcast.

I'd heard somewhere else that his real police interview went for nine hours. The jury only heard three of it and that's what we've seen.
Nine hours.
Would be interesting to know what was said in those other hours. He seemed to be off track enough in those 3 hours, with enough time talking about his trips overseas, how he paints his car and how good the paint job actually is and all about his clubs and what he’ll miss out on, all whilst telling police how two people died.
Maybe he mentioned what a terrible tradgedy this is for Hill and Ms Clay and their families????

Maybe the other six hours were them asking him a question and him saying no comment?

Well, unless I missed it I didn't hear Lynn talking about his experience stalking deer and anatomy of animals in that three hour interview, did anybody else hear it?

Well, unless I missed it I didn't hear Lynn talking about his experience stalking deer and anatomy of animals in that three hour interview, did anybody else hear it?
I thought he said it was only his second time hunting, the first going pig hunting, but he didn’t see any.
I’m not sure what they mean in the podcast. Has he changed his story during the interview?

I thought he said it was only his second time hunting, the first going pig hunting, but he didn’t see any.
I’m not sure what they mean in the podcast. Has he changed his story during the interview?

I’m not giving him an out because he goes on to qualify his statement with the pig hunting expedition to Tilpa.

He did say initially that it was his first time hunting deer in Victoria.

Anyway he was shit at it. Didn’t see any deer despite them being in endemic quantities and didn’t see any pigs despite them being in endemic quantities. Both the Barathrum Arms shotgun and Ruger American rifle were relatively new acquisitions.

Leads me to believe once again he’s a larper. All the gear, no idea.

Lynn talks about shooting deer, knowing animals anatomy and of his experience which is completely different to what he told the police the first time when he said while he owned guns, he'd never shot an animal. He was an experienced hunter.

The Missing Campers Podcast.

Yeah, I think the podcast has got that incorrect. Greg says clearly that this was his first hunting trip in the high country and he'd only been on one other hunting trip.

It's interesting because if you listen to the interview, it's another case where Greg's been caught out in a lie. He says he "normally" would have his gun packed away and goes on to say this was one of the first times he's hunted. He's used the word "normally" like he's hunted many times.

"...and normally they would have been locked up but, and they shouldn't have been out anyway. Umm. This was actually my first ever deer hunting trip in the high country. I'd been on one other hunting trip um, again I was by myself but I booked in a property with Western hunting properties in NSW"

at 3:23:30...right at the end

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back