Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
I think you will have to use your imagination with this. However if it had a tail gate this would have been dropped allowing him a far easier ramp up to do so. It's not something I like to think about. When you think of all the stages Lynn had to deal with and what happened to them it makes me feel sick.
Yes it does leave it to your imagination. Makes me feel sick too because without any evidence you really don’t know.

This is what I find interesting.
I imagine it’s difficult to lift dead weight. Is is possible to do?

If adrenaline's pumping with that trailer sitting quite low, it would be possible imo.

The more I read of Lynn's response on the evening and subsequest actions he doesn't really come across as the criminal mastermind, it was a litany of klutzy actions which eventually caught him in a web of his own deceits

I think he initially decided that he was going to make it look like a robbery ... leave the bodies, take the drone, money and pretend he wasn't there.

He rethought it ... disappear the bodies and burn the site so that the mess of the murders was covered. Set fire to the tent and the car might go up too. Again pretend he wasn't there

Isn't aware of the road closure after the fires? 5 minutes research on Google before even going up there in the first place would have informed him of the closures if he knew the country and the effect of the fires

Dumps the bodies and covers them with branches and pretend he wasn't there

Goes out via Hotham, going out via Dargo gives you more sealed backroads to make it to Melbourne, but he would have to drive across the city

Police knock on his door. Spur of the moment response, pretends he wasn't there which raise flags.

Maybe if he had said that he was there, saw the couple but didn't pass on the information to the police because he had observed nothing and left earlier because there were too many people there scaring the game and camped at Grant for the night(?).

If he had offered a few fake sightings of other vehicles (?)

Why did he go back to burn the bodies? The smell of decomposing wildlife near a road is not unusual on bush tracks; the probability of them being discovered and linked to him was minimal.

He was advised to say nothing by the duty solicitor but he thought he knew better and presented a balderdash story that a year 12 Legal Studies student could drive a Kenworth through

Not a criminal mastermind by any long shot

One of the truisms of the Criminal Justice System is that most people inside are unlucky, thick or have a big mouth

He was unlucky and had a big mouth.
Yeah well said. Off course hinesight is a lovely thing. When you really simplify this whole sad debacle there is only one thing to be learnt. You simply don't kill people just out of anger. And once again guns kill people and yet we know are far better off than America for example. None of this needed to happen or perhaps it did so Lynn the psychopath would get caught.!

I think he had to go back, once he was identified on the camera. He had to obliterate the bodies so no one knew what he did to them. He had to destroy the evidence, so he could muddy the waters if he was charged and it was successful. If all the information was known I think people would be horrified (much more so than they are now).
Exactly. If the bodies had been found intact, it would have been obvious they had both been murdered, imo.

HS article just says she’s holed up in her home with do not trespass and do not disturb signs. Nothing else but click bait.

Although it did make this prediction at the end of the article:

“Due to the high profile nature of the case, he will most likely be whisked into a protection unit at a maximum-security prison. Protection units are for inmates who need to be isolated from mainstream prisoners for their own safety”.
Waiting for the news to roll out the corresponding drop in value in neighbouring Caroline Springs houses ‘chestnut’ now its officially murder.

This is what I find interesting.
I imagine it’s difficult to lift dead weight. Is is possible to do?
I know I could do it, but it would be bloody difficult, and I’m not sure of lynns height, weight or general fitness.

Either way, dragging would have played a big part.

The more I read of Lynn's response on the evening and subsequest actions he doesn't really come across as the criminal mastermind, it was a litany of klutzy actions which eventually caught him in a web of his own deceits

I think he initially decided that he was going to make it look like a robbery ... leave the bodies, take the drone, money and pretend he wasn't there.

He rethought it ... disappear the bodies and burn the site so that the mess of the murders was covered. Set fire to the tent and the car might go up too. Again pretend he wasn't there

Isn't aware of the road closure after the fires? 5 minutes research on Google before even going up there in the first place would have informed him of the closures if he knew the country and the effect of the fires

Dumps the bodies and covers them with branches and pretend he wasn't there

Goes out via Hotham, going out via Dargo gives you more sealed backroads to make it to Melbourne, but he would have to drive across the city

Police knock on his door. Spur of the moment response, pretends he wasn't there which raise flags.

Maybe if he had said that he was there, saw the couple but didn't pass on the information to the police because he had observed nothing and left earlier because there were too many people there scaring the game and camped at Grant for the night(?).

If he had offered a few fake sightings of other vehicles (?)

Why did he go back to burn the bodies? The smell of decomposing wildlife near a road is not unusual on bush tracks; the probability of them being discovered and linked to him was minimal.

He was advised to say nothing by the duty solicitor but he thought he knew better and presented a balderdash story that a year 12 Legal Studies student could drive a Kenworth through

Not a criminal mastermind by any long shot

One of the truisms of the Criminal Justice System is that most people inside are unlucky, thick or have a big mouth

He was unlucky and had a big mouth.

I mean, we can say this now, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was on the edge of their seat a few days ago, waiting for the verdict to come in and gobsmacked that it looked like he may have gotten away with it.

When the reports came out on the morning of the verdict that the jury was clarifying the two charges and advised that the could return two different verdicts was when I thought it could mean guilty of Clay's murder, not guilty of Hill's.

It's fascinating, looking back at the first 20 odd pages of the original thread on the disappearance and lining it up with when things were happening behind the scenes.

Like, it's hard to reconcile Lynn's wife laughing hysterically and apparently thinking "Well that's a funny coincidence" at the traffic photo of the Patrol, considering what a game breaker it was considered to be in the media and here. Nearly as hard as it is to reconcile Lynn's heartfelt "I'm just so sorry for your suffering" apology with what the covert recordings caught him saying about them.

I feel like there was probably little - if any - friendliness between the two parties from the get-go, contrary to Lynn's version. I think tempers have simmered with Lynn getting the spot Hill wanted and then Hill setting up closer than Lynn would have liked: they probably resented the other's presence there from the start. It's festered from Lynn's guns and hunting and Hill flying his drone overhead, maybe Lynn firing at the drone (a warning shot) was the catalyst that caused things to boil over. Lynn's killed Hill, I imagine with his gun and then killed Clay.

some great quotes from the original thread, page 1/2

this is a real mystery,two pensioners shouldn't stray too far away I think the end result is going to be very interesting

IMO they have been murdered, I don't have any idea why. And I think the camp was burnt to hide the evidence. Some one could have taken the bodies miles away and disposed of them. The burn pattern area is very strange, just the tent area and a small canopy attached to the ute. Seems like ( in my uneducated opinion) was just a slow burn and the tent and canopy just fell in on itself and extinguished. One chair is knocked over and other tent items seem to be strewn around. Maybe some one killed them to steal the drone? Did they accidentally fly over a marijuana crop?

I know I could do it, but it would be bloody difficult, and I’m not sure of lynns height, weight or general fitness.

Either way, dragging would have played a big part.

Zipped up in a sleeping bag, a few twists of rope right around and it would become much easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loose Units has done a few pods on this, an ex detective and son hosting. I'm going back to earlier pods and the first thing they questioned too, was why Lynn even had a shotgun with him.

They often have some interesting insights.

EDIT: Sometimes get their facts messed up but I'm in it for the behavioural insights.

I feel like there was probably little - if any - friendliness between the two parties from the get-go, contrary to Lynn's version. I think tempers have simmered with Lynn getting the spot Hill wanted and then Hill setting up closer than Lynn would have liked: they probably resented the other's presence there from the start. It's festered from Lynn's guns and hunting and Hill flying his drone overhead, maybe Lynn firing at the drone (a warning shot) was the catalyst that caused things to boil over. Lynn's killed Hill, I imagine with his gun and then killed Clay.

I agree 100% I think this scenario is as close to the truth as I can get via my logic and my mind. I also think Hill was shot. 🙌

Gee, the first video I watched of the interviews, ABC NEWS, was extraordinary .

It’s the most well rehearsed stage show in history….

Thanks so much for this. I have been wanting to watch the interview and hadn't seen it. My first observation was how long he takes between sentences and he appears to be putting pen to paper. He certainly takes a very long time as if he is thinking deeply before saying anything. The other thing I noticed he didn't make eye contact with the officer for any prolonged period as we know eye contact or lack of it gives away a fair bit IMO. At the point of describing the knife fight and subsequent death of Hill he starts clicking on the pen rapidly and hitting the paper. Make what you want of that but to me it seems a moment where his heart rate and speed increases. (2 videos).

When's the Patrol going on sale?
With that paint job and I'm tipping 300,000kms in the engine she wouldn't be worth a fortune but it's amazing these things hold their value fairly well. If it was the straight six they are quite sought after because in later models the 3 litre turbo diesel is an under powered choice IMO. Given you asked..........................would you buy it? :p:D;)

Loose Units has done a few pods on this, an ex detective and son hosting. I'm going back to earlier pods and the first thing they questioned too, was why Lynn even had a shotgun with him.

Yeah good point re shotgun and after watching the videos of him being interviewed he mentions hunting with a rifle. I never heard anything about him talking about using the shotgun? He only brings it up when he describes the fight with Hill. But I really hadn't thought about your comment "Why did Lynn even have the Shotgun with him?"

On the interview re trying to get the shotgun back from Hill his description of how he sneaked around the vehicle and mentions shadows sounded very synthetic to me and almost too much detail. I'm sure his thoughts are that the more details the more accurate and truthful it will seem? Not sure about that LOL

He Kurve the pod casters said Carol Clay was still married? Funny that I hadn't heard that before. As I now understand at one stage she travelled with Hill whilst still married but later got divorced thinking she would end up with Hill. Apparently Hill wouldn't divorce Robyn because she wasn't well. Like you said some interesting insights

He Kurve the pod casters said Carol Clay was still married? Funny that I hadn't heard that before. As I now understand at one stage she travelled with Hill whilst still married but later got divorced thinking she would end up with Hill. Apparently Hill wouldn't divorce Robyn because she wasn't well. Like you said some interesting insights
Yep, they waffle on and don't seem to be in possession of the facts.

I'm listening to another one, Squeaky Clean - An Italian Horror Story with information out of restricted documents.

Mentioning it here because it's come up a few times in debate, the question being 'how long would it take to cut a human body down?'

The police tested it with this serial killing woman who would cut her victims in to nine pieces. They gave her a corpse and a knife, she did it in 12 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back