Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Every chance it’s not him but I just feel like it is. The super regular posting then just disappearing when literally directly asked if they were there is eerie as to read back on.

He was logging in until the 13th of September 2020. Looks like he was spooked by that camping question.

Not sure if you’ve watched the police interview start to finish? The guy sounds like he swallowed a thesaurus.

It’s very similar to the posts. And Ramjet? Come on man.

As I mentioned it was raised in this thread very early days. It was also raised when people discussed Lisa Lynn's death. The same person who raised it also said about the dead animals. I dont have a source it would require digging through this thread. Everything else the person said seems to be the truth. 60 mins show tonight proved the dead pig story etc.

But there’s nothing in the public domain about this? Just BF?

He was logging in until the 13th of September 2020. Looks like he was spooked by that camping question.

Not sure if you’ve watched the police interview start to finish? The guy sounds like he swallowed a thesaurus.

It’s very similar to the posts. And Ramjet? Come on man.
Yeah, without a doubt. His vocab as displayed in the interview is IMO as well, as you said a not particularly clever bloke who thinks he passes as very clever due to his probably excellent recall ability (pilots often do) enabling him to build a massive array of words that he keeps in rotation.

The posting by ramjet (yeah, ****ing ridiculous), uses a similar massive array of words but the grammar and sentence structure is shithouse. Matches up with the way he speaks

If your wanting to get me to answer for someone else its up to you LOL. I told you what I know and whar Ive read.

Not at all. I thought you may have done some sleuthing on your own steam.

Not asking you to do anything. You be you my man. I enjoy your posts.

Yeah, without a doubt. His vocab as displayed in the interview is IMO as well, as you said a not particularly clever bloke who thinks he passes as very clever due to his probably excellent recall ability (pilots often do) enabling him to build a massive array of words that he keeps in rotation.

The posting by ramjet (yeah, ****ing ridiculous), uses a similar massive array of words but the grammar and sentence structure is shithouse. Matches up with the way he speaks
I wonder what date in July 2020 the Police first spoke to Lynn?

I wonder what date in July 2020 the Police first spoke to Lynn?

July 14. In his ROI he said he knew he was under surveillance. Not sure what spooked him outside of that camping question on the unnamed website that sleuths go on (yes I’m speculating Ramjet is him but I’m convinced) but it’s all around this time isn’t it?

Having done what he did he’d have to be super paranoid. So his hackles were probably up.

One for people interested in body language. Note the slight upward tilt of her head, typically denotes dominance/superiority and/or suspicion.

I saw this stature clearly on the Wade Wilson case in the US. Every day in court he sat like this.
I suspect that Lynn felt superiority but was more skilled at hiding it.

Screenshot_20240630-224717.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In another part Ramjet mentions something about wild dogs grazing on carcasses as well as by now the remains would be scattered to the winds!

Yep saw that and my mind went straight to the same thing he said in his police interview. Great pick up.

Going through his posts people were starting to get suspicious of him as early as late June.

I’d suggest going on a website full of sleuths and trying to outsmart them is (as GL would put it) the definition of hubris.

Last edited:
In the pod Watson Munro, who's been involved in 200 murder trials says the intricacies, complications, lack of forensic evidence and split verdicts where it was guilty for one and not the other, is fertile soil for the defence to consider a robust appeal.

Why does the split verdict make an appeal more likely?

Dann (or any future representative of GL) still has to convince a judge that there was an unsafe conviction which I just don't see.

Or bring significant exculpatory evidence to the table (this is where GL destroying evidence works against him). So that's a no.

Error in law? The stuff that wasn't put to GL in closing wasn't critical to the case. Good luck finding a judge ordering a retrial over that.

Why does the split verdict make an appeal more likely?

Dann (or any future representative of GL) still has to convince a judge that there was an unsafe conviction which I just don't see.

Or bring significant exculpatory evidence to the table (this is where GL destroying evidence works against him). So that's a no.

Error in law? The stuff that wasn't put to GL in closing wasn't critical to the case. Good luck finding a judge ordering a retrial over that.

Like all professional commentators he’s hedging his bets. We all know GL is going to appeal, that’s the type he is. All Munro-Watson said was in his opinion, there are grounds to consider an appeal.

The appellate court can elect to not take it up and deny leave. I’m with you I don’t see it getting up at all.

Just when I thought there wasn’t anything related to this case left to surprise me, we find out the gutless prick didn’t even attend his first wife’s funeral.
No wonder his pissweak “apology” on the stand didn’t impress anyone, he’s clearly never even considered taking responsibility for his treatment of anyone in his life, let alone having remorse for it.

He deserves to be held accountable for once in his pathetic life and at this point I honestly couldn’t care less if we suddenly found out by some irrefutable new evidence that CC & RH were killed in two terrible, near impossible accidents and GL was just a poor unsuspecting witness who covered it up cause he was a bit scared.
I hope poor Lisa can rest in peace now he’s rotting in jail.

Yep saw that and my mind went straight to the same thing he said in his police interview. Great pick up.

Going through his posts people were starting to get suspicious of him as early as late June.

I’d suggest going on a website full of sleuths and trying to outsmart them is (as GL would put it) the definition of hubris.

Seemed to be as soon as the police officially announced that foul play, an altercation that escalated and turned deadly, was their best working theory that his posts became a lot angrier towards others who weren't buying his theories. I'm commenting restrospectively of course, but his posts are odd to say the least, as he is giving absolutely no credence to the possibility that the two have been murdered by someone they've encountered, even as the police have officially stated that's their best bet. You have to ask "Why are you refusing to accept it's possible, at the very least?"

I'm sure you'd get the odd know-all digging their heels in on those sites, but to be so dismissive of it as even a possibility, certainly raises an eyebrow. From later comments and the odd moderator intervention around June 2020, it sounds like some of his more hostile posts were deleted and he was given a temporary ban or two to simmer down.

One of my personal favourites was his post which said words to the effect of "no point in speculating..." while offering his own detailed theories about what could have happened... I wonder what he thought they do on ******. Or bemoaning the lack of sophisticated equipment to aid in search and rescue in similar remote access areas and dense bushland, while at the same time suggesting that there'd be nothing left of anyone who got lost around there.

I cannot stomach the 3hr Police interview with GL (the killer) therefore, will not view.

Just saw the tiny bit on 60 Minutes of GL and his paperwork/notes/essays/lies and GI Joe actions of the reenactment fight with the Police Officer. So clinical - exactly like charting a flight...... plan and execute.

IMO The jury watching this 60 Minutes will be rethinking the evidence they heard in Court. There will be regrets.

GL - A bully, an abuser and a cheat himself - a serial offender.
Furious temper - killing the pig (put an axe through pigs head).
DV including locking Lisa outside overnight. All evidence heard from Lisa's neighbour (a lawyer).

Vile.

We all were tipped off about first wife Lisa's demise - we all heard whispers (years ago) on this thread.... seems this female lawyer neighbour wants a relook at Lisa's case. (she said they had a basic look at death - prescription drugs & alcohol)

GL will have been watching from his 10" cell TV tonight - of that I'm positive. Hope he's rattled some more now.

Chilling new claims have emerged that Greg Lynn assaulted and terrorised his first wife, cheated on her and took belongings from their home before she was found dead.

Lisa Lynn was found dead in October 1999 aged 34 after consuming a lethal cocktail of booze and sleeping tablets.

I cannot stomach the 3hr Police interview with GL (the killer) therefore, will not view.

Just saw the tiny bit on 60 Minutes of GL and his paperwork/notes/essays/lies and GI Joe actions of the reenactment fight with the Police Officer. So clinical - exactly like charting a flight...... plan and execute.

IMO The jury watching this 60 Minutes will be rethinking the evidence they heard in Court. There will be regrets.

GL - A bully, an abuser and a cheat himself - a serial offender.
Furious temper - killing the pig (put an axe through pigs head).
DV including locking Lisa outside overnight. All evidence heard from Lisa's neighbour (a lawyer).

Vile.

We all were tipped off about first wife Lisa's demise - we all heard whispers (years ago) on this thread.... seems this female lawyer neighbour wants a relook at Lisa's case. (she said they had a basic look at death - prescription drugs & alcohol)

GL will have been watching from his 10" cell TV tonight - of that I'm positive. Hope he's rattled some more now.

Chilling new claims have emerged that Greg Lynn assaulted and terrorised his first wife, cheated on her and took belongings from their home before she was found dead.

Lisa Lynn was found dead in October 1999 aged 34 after consuming a lethal cocktail of booze and sleeping tablets.

I’m Intrigued. There’s a 28 day period from the verdict that GL can lodge an appeal. Forget about all the appeal avenues and assume it gets up on the first go.

It means a reversal on CCs murder (RIP). What happens then? If it’s a retrial how could that proceed with everything that’s been released via the media? The interview, the evidence that was excluded etc.

There’s so much in the public domain now that wasn’t pre trial. Where does it go from here

I’m Intrigued. There’s a 28 day period from the verdict that GL can lodge an appeal. Forget about all the appeal avenues and assume it gets up on the first go.

It means a reversal on CCs murder (RIP). What happens then? If it’s a retrial how could that proceed with everything that’s been released via the media? The interview, the evidence that was excluded etc.

There’s so much in the public domain now that wasn’t pre trial. Where does it go from here
Since the verdict was read out, more information about Lynn’s past has come to light after non-publication orders were lifted.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/camper-daughter-reveals-anger-verdict-120400943.html

The daughter of one of the campers, whom former Jetstar pilot Gregory Stuart Lynn was found not guilty of killing, has revealed she’s lost faith in the justice system following the jury’s verdict.

But now detectives are looking to have the Victorian coroner conduct a full inquest into the 1999 death.

Ms Hill said it was quite concerning to learn about Lynn’s history but ultimately she remains hopeful that her family won’t ever have to go through a potential appeal, should Lynn’s legal team opt to return to court.

“I hope he doesn’t get away with this, but I’ve lost a bit of faith in the whole system,” she said.

“I’m not trusting of it now. We’ll have to wait and see.

“He’s just such a terrible person.”

Have wondered the same. Surely it would have to be a Judge only trial as it would be hard to find a jury that hasn’t got strong views on the case now.
Lynn must be furious that so much from his past has been revealed. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
Just when I thought there wasn’t anything related to this case left to surprise me, we find out the gutless prick didn’t even attend his first wife’s funeral.
No wonder his pissweak “apology” on the stand didn’t impress anyone, he’s clearly never even considered taking responsibility for his treatment of anyone in his life, let alone having remorse for it.

He deserves to be held accountable for once in his pathetic life and at this point I honestly couldn’t care less if we suddenly found out by some irrefutable new evidence that CC & RH were killed in two terrible, near impossible accidents and GL was just a poor unsuspecting witness who covered it up cause he was a bit scared.
I hope poor Lisa can rest in peace now he’s rotting in jail.
From reading some of Lisa’s mother’s recalls about her experiences witnessing some of the unforgivable ways Lynn treated her daughter, I would say Lynn was probably banned from attending
the funeral. She was not able to speak up because Lisa shut her down for fear or Lynn’s retaliation.
Especially given the tragic way Lisa died. He wouldn’t be getting anywhere near I reckon.

Back