Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:

Mr Ramjet is an intriguing fellow.

Loads of red flags and red herrings. Raising issues for the first time. Pushing hard on no one camped near by. They must have got lost in vicinity.

Very assertive drone was catalyst. Posts video on model and specs of drone.

Drills down on access to car, missing keys and phone.

Stated the weather on the day of murders before posting a google search.

Conflicting info. Haven’t really explored the valley. But then goes into minute detail.

Mentions general store in licola referred to in court. And Dargo.

Only started posting 30 April 2020. Last post as was only after someone asked if he had camped there.

Never posted again.

Or even revisited the site after Sept.

And the big tell, he only ever posted to the one thread on the topic of the murders.

When you sign up for any forum you have up use an email address.

If police haven’t yet pulled that. They will now.
It was really startling reading all that in retrospect HC.

There is more from this person it seems, if you guys have time to take a look - 4x4 Earth ref Wonangatta & look who pops up there as well. Last post was May 2020.

Seems quite a few of Ramjet’s posts have been modded there as well for rudeness, judging by other people’s comments. See what you guys think.

The Officers seemed very interested in why Lynn took a certain way out of the valley and then the route he travelled (apparently 20 years ago?) in the interview. I think any route in that area is worth a looksy.
The mobile phones … in the interview he stated he threw the phones into Lake Buffalo (from the side of the road). Upon being quizzed about the exact location he lowers his voice becomes vague and suddenly can’t remember 🤔 He really does not want those phones to be found.

There is more from this person it seems, if you guys have time to take a look - 4x4 Earth ref Wonangatta & look who pops up there as well. Last post was May 2020.

Seems quite a few of Ramjet’s posts have been modded there as well for rudeness, judging by other people’s comments. See what you guys think.
I read back through them last night. All pretty much putting forward a 'got lost in the bush' theory. However, he struggled to work the fire into the story and why all their possessions were inside the tent. It's almost as if he was rehearsing what would be accepted as possible.

Lisa, despite all of the threats and the really violent physical abuse over a long period, even on the very day he killed her pig, still said she still loved him.

If he could hold that devotion over Lisa after all that he did to her, and much of that abuse has yet to see the light of day, Melanie’s reaction might be a similar dynamic.
I seriously don't think they are comparable.
Different personalities bring out different dynamics as they inter-react.
I refer here to the judge saying Melanie was cackling like a hyena and also the bug recording of her teasing him about the similarities to their car and making a joke out of it.
I would be very surprised if Melanie was a victim of the same kind of abuse that Lisa suffered.
Whatever their relationship is like with their marriage it seems to me that a different dynamic is operating.
Melanie is a different person, the time is different and perhaps the fact that GL had a string of failed relationships behind him that included children meant he decided to change his own dynamic of behavior in order to sustain a relationship as he aged. (this time it will be different type of thinking, still control but different.)
I'm also reminded of GL's statement in the ROI that after he returned from Wonnangatta, his wife didn't ask what he had been up to but put him before her cut out covid plan stuck on the fridge and talked about it for the rest of the day. No doubt she was running 'home' life and giving him enough rope to go on his 'Wolf Creek' trips.

In no way am I being an appologist for GL or DV. I am just pointing out that human behaviour gets adjusted where it suits and can change under different dynamics.
GL's anger was obviously focussed elsewhere. One of the interesting parts of the ROI was where he is asking the Investigators about whether his manager had been spoken to already by them just prior to talking about 'the Truman Show' comment. He very obviously hates him and you can see that is one area where he actually shows some emotion that reads as real. If I was that manager I would be now thinking about how close he was to pushing such a dangerous psychopath into retribution.

Last night I watched the 3 hours long recording of the ROI (with a few breaks) all the way through.
It is very interesting to watch at one point he says a point and then leans back to put his arms behind his head (a sure sign of I won the point) and catches himself exposing his superioriy reflex and quickly ends the action.
It's as plain as day that he thinks he has it all over the investigators, when it comes to thinking he is of superior intelligence and that it is some kind of game that he is winning.

A few other points about the interview;
Watching closely at times that he is squeezing his thumbs into his hands, this is moments of stress when he is asked for details that is when he isn't flicking the pen, the pen being his prop as is his diagramatical thinking plan.
All props for a bad acting job of him being 'honest'.
The honesty shown is when he refers to his victims as it.
An honesty of a unremorseless psychopath in action.

I refer here to the judge saying Melanie was cackling like a hyena and also the bug recording of her teasing him about the similarities to their car and making a joke out of it.
I would be very surprised if Melanie was a victim of the same kind of abuse that Lisa suffered.
Whatever their relationship is like with their marriage it seems to me that a different dynamic is operating.
Melanie is a different person, the time is different and perhaps the fact that GL had a string of failed relationships behind him that included children meant he decided to change his own dynamic of behavior in order to sustain a relationship as he aged. (this time it will be different type of thinking, still control but different.)
I'm also reminded of GL's statement in the ROI that after he returned from Wonnangatta, his wife didn't ask what he had been up to but put him before her cut out covid plan stuck on the fridge and talked about it for the rest of the day. No doubt she was running 'home' life and giving him enough rope to go on his 'Wolf Creek' trips.

In no way am I being an appologist for GL or DV. I am just pointing out that human behaviour gets adjusted where it suits and can change under different dynamics.
GL's anger was obviously focussed elsewhere. One of the interesting parts of the ROI was where he is asking the Investigators about whether his manager had been spoken to already by them just prior to talking about 'the Truman Show' comment. He very obviously hates him and you can see that is one area where he actually shows some emotion that reads as real. If I was that manager I would be now thinking about how close he was to pushing such a dangerous psychopath into retribution.

Last night I watched the 3 hours long recording of the ROI (with a few breaks) all the way through.
It is very interesting to watch at one point he says a point and then leans back to put his arms behind his head (a sure sign of I won the point) and catches himself exposing his superioriy reflex and quickly ends the action.
It's as plain as day that he thinks he has it all over the investigators, when it comes to thinking he is of superior intelligence and that it is some kind of game that he is winning.

Watching closely at times that he is squeezing his thumbs into his hands, this is moments of stress when he is asked for details that is when he isn't flicking the pen, the pen being his prop as is his diagramatical thinking plan.
I think I mentioned earlier that the trips may coincide with stress in his life. It's possible he uses the hunting (or 'stalking'), killing and possibly torture of animals to relieve this stress, so he is no longer taking out his anger on his family. As we are aware, the escalation from animal to human does sometimes occur, but to begin with a double homicide seems unlikely. Perhaps a lone hiker without any means of protection would be a first target. To him, these people may seem to be almost offering themselves up and he feels he has no choice but to oblige.

I was reading his posts on there a couple of days ago. It’s crazy to think he could control the narrative from forums. The arrogance was dripping.

I don’t for a minute believe that it was LEA (as ramjet) posting on these forums.

Last edited:
I was reading his posts on there a couple of days ago. It’s crazy to think he could control the narrative from forums. The arrogance was dripping.

I don’t for a minute believe that it was LEA posting on these forums.

Not to mention he didn’t fare very well on that forum compared to WS.

He got called out for his manner pretty quick, clearly didn’t have the high ground amongst experienced off roaders

Ramjet said:
Therefore the incident must have occurred between dusk on the Frid and 2:00PM next day (Sat) when the camp site was observed to be burnt.
Interesting choice of words, incident, for someone who believed it was a missing persons case
Ramjet also said:
So it appears that Russel has gone off .. possibly with the drone as it is not confirmed whether it was burnt in the fire... and got himself into trouble.. somewhere.
Um, who said anything about the drone being burnt in the fire, why would anybody think that?

Interesting choice of words, incident, for someone who believed it was a missing persons case

Um, who said anything about the drone being burnt in the fire, why would anybody think that?
He means the drone being burnt or not in the tent fire. The 'incident' I think is what he was suggesting was the reason they disappeared (went off into the bush), maybe to find the drone, or on a bushwalk where one became ill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He means the drone being burnt or not in the tent fire. The 'incident' I think is what he was suggesting was the reason they disappeared (went off into the bush), maybe to find the drone, or on a bushwalk where one became ill.
Yes, it's an odd thing to raise if you think Hill walked off to retrieve his drone.

"Wasn't confirmed" rather than saying "There's no evidence suggesting"

Agree wholeheartedly. I don't believe ML is scared of him, more of a doting fan girl. He's learned to find someone who he sees as malleable.

Well dissected Pamcake. You have been able to zoom in on his mind at play and pick up on the feeling moments where his body language changes and what it means. As for his relationship with Melanie vs Lisa you are right. Lisa let him get away with whatever he did, perhaps Melanie doesn't.? His treatment of Lisa is sick and it's a typical scenario of extreme violence against women IMO. Obviously a different dynamic with Melanie?

I thought he changed the colour from blue to taupe?

It was white, then it was blue then he painted it to sand.

He doesn't even get it resprayed professionally, he uses a paint roller like he's desperate just to get it done.

Back