Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Hill kept the drone in it's own zippered bag, maybe Lynn meant he found the phone when he took the drone out and it was in the bottom of the bag?

Which might explain why Lynn was driving around with Hill's phone ping a pinging like he didn't know it was there.
In the interview though he says it was in a cradle attached to the underside of the drone I’m pretty sure.

Phone attached to the controller for video feed back from the drone. You can watch every move from the drone (think Birds eye view)

Yeah that makes sense. So the phone was probably attached to the hand controller, in the bag with the drone.

One big book of jokes alright.
He said 4 or 5 shots altogether. Could he have initially told police there was four shots and he picked up the slugs around the campsite and then police found the other slug later which is why he then said four or five shots?
Ok I’ve just checked. He said in his interview there were four shots. Hill fired a couple, one hit Ms Clay and then he fired the last one.
Has then said on the stand, four or five.

So you have to add the rounds into the magazine?

Yes. You can look it up on YouTube if you need a visual. It’s not overly difficult to do but you need some familiarity.

And the shotgun was a cheap Turkish made piece of shit. Not hard to envisage a situation that the magazine was hard to load anyway.

Yeah that makes sense. So the phone was probably attached to the hand controller, in the bag with the drone.
They did clarify that with him though, they asked if it was attached to the controller not the drone and he said no, underneath the drone in a cradle like thing.

Hill kept the drone in it's own zippered bag, maybe Lynn meant he found the phone when he took the drone out and it was in the bottom of the bag?

Which might explain why Lynn was driving around with Hill's phone ping a pinging like he didn't know it was there.

I have a DJI drone. On my model, like almost all DJI ones, you attach your phone to the controller via really tight sprockets.

As phones are big these days it is impossible to return the controller to the bag with the phone attached.

In this image I think you can see the black phone face attached to his controller.

Hill had a larger drone than the entry level ones.

Attachments

• IMG_9356.png
    IMG_9356.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9357.png
    IMG_9357.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9359.jpeg
    IMG_9359.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. You can look it up on YouTube if you need a visual. It’s not overly difficult to do but you need some familiarity.

And the shotgun was a cheap Turkish made piece of shit. Not hard to envisage a situation that the magazine was hard to load anyway.

But could you do this walking in the dark? Seems it would be impossible.

You have to hold the gun, the magazine, the rounds and juggle them all. Get them in the magazine and then load the magazine into the gun.

And then hill would have to take the safety catch off to fire.

All in the dark while walking away from Lynn’s car.

Lynn said he heard him in the car and chased him straight away. So that is seconds. Not minutes.

Thinking about this the prosecution missed a big opportunity here. To have this process shown to jury in real time.

But like OJs glove. If the story of the gun doesn’t fit you must reject.

I have a DJI drone. On my model, like almost all DJI ones, you attach your phone to the controller via really tight sprockets.

As phones are big these days it is impossible to return the controller to the bag with the phone attached.

In this image I think you can see the black phone face attached to his controller.

Hill had a larger drone than the entry level ones.
Looks like a mavic pro not an air or mini

Last edited:
Apparently you can buy mounts for them if the drone Hill is holding doesn't look like it has a mount on it.
But there is zero reason to send a phone up with this drone, no one would make phone attachments, the drones camera is way better than any phone camera is.
Apart from the fact it would interfere with the sensors underneath, your phone is far more use on the controller so you can see where you’re flying and what you’re filming and taking photos of.

But could you do this walking in the dark? Seems it would be impossible.

You have to hold the gun, the magazine, the rounds and juggle them all. Get them in the magazine and then load the magazine.

And then hill would have to take the safety catch off to fire.

All in the dark while walking away from Lynn’s car.

Lynn said he heard him in the car and chased him straight away. So that is seconds. Not minutes.

You’d have to be familiar with the set up. Gun under your arm stacking the magazine with shells out of your pocket. Totally implausible.

Anyway I thought Lynn said RH took the magazine and the gun.

You’d have to be familiar with the set up. Gun under your arm stacking the magazine with shells out of your pocket. Totally implausible.

Anyway I thought Lynn said RH took the magazine and the gun.

He said was loading it as he walked away.

Guess it depends if Lynn left loaded magazine.

But even then hard to load a Magazine into an unfamiliar gun in the dark. As you are being chased. And then turn off safety catch.

But there is zero reason to send a phone up with this drone, no one would make phone attachments, the drones camera is way better than any phone camera is.
Apart from the fact it would interfere with the sensors underneath, your phone is far more use on the controller so you can see where you’re flying and what you’re filming and taking photos of.

And you need the phone attached to the controller to fly it.

If one was attached under the drone you’d need two phones.

When the news broke of Lynn’s arrest I crawled through Facebook and got lots of images before it was shut down.

There was a video of Lynn driving a 4WD in a river crossing. He had one of his sons in the car.

I wish I had downloaded it.

Anyone remember seeing this? Or better yet made a copy.

A time stamp would be useful now that we know he made several return trips.

Back