Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Hill and Clay but I was expressing more a curiosity as to whether the police had the long drop toilets emptied.

I think that would have been mentioned in the police reports.

From my days in court the police did not seem to do a particularly thorough investigation of the camp site or his car.

I have not heard if they used a metal detector, or cadaver dogs at the camp site. You’d think even after the week that elapsed the dogs might have had a chance to smell blood in the soil or human remains. Lynn would not have been able to mop up all minute blood and brains in the dark.

I have no recollection of fingerprints being taken from either Lynn’s car or Hills.

I’m sure they must have been.

I just never heard or saw comments about this during my days in court.

I think that would have been mentioned in the police reports.

From my dats in court the police did not seem to do a particularly thorough investigation of the camp site or his car.

I have not heard if they used a metal detector, or cadaver dogs at the camp site. You’d think even after the week that elapsed dogs might have had a chance to smell blood in the soil or human remains.

I have no recollection of fingerprints being taken from either car.

I’m sure they must have been. I just never heard or saw comments about this during my days in court.

If the police were being thorough the drop toilets should have been searched.

If they haven’t been, the should be now.

Great pick up.

So, do the crew have time off during a flight?

Depends on flight time.

Domestically. No.

International yes. Depending of flight duty this can be many hours per flight. Either in crew rest seats (the same as pax seats) with inseat video or bunks for cabin crew.

Pilots on long haul flights will generally have a secure cabin inside the flight deck, behind the bullet proof door, with a full length bed and usually in flight entertainment.

On some aircraft this may be a curtained crew rest in the business class cabin.

If you fly often you quickly go through the onboard catalogs. Must aircrew now down load movies and content from Netflix and other streaming services to their own devices.

Last edited:

The good news for justice and the bad news for Lynn is that he faces the real prospect of not one but two new coronial inquests into the death of his first wife and his neighbours in Zigzag road that were originally deemed to be a murder/suicide. I’m believe the coroner has the power to look at several deaths in the one inquest if there are grounds to consider that they may connected. If that transpires Lynn’s jig is up.

In a murder trial, the evidence presented must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty of committing the crime. This typically includes witness testimonies, forensic evidence, expert opinions, and any other relevant evidence that supports the prosecution's case.

In a coronial inquest, the purpose is to determine the cause and circumstances of a person's death. The evidence presented in a coronial inquest may include witness statements, medical reports, forensic evidence, and ‘any other’ relevant information that can help establish the cause of death.

The burden of proof in a murder trial is much higher than in a coronial inquest. In a murder trial, the prosecution must prove the accused's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, while in a coronial inquest, the coroner must determine the cause of death on the balance of probabilities. Not good for old mate.

Additionally, the rules of evidence in a murder trial are more strict compared to a coronial inquest. For example, hearsay evidence is generally not admissible in a murder trial, but it may be considered in a coronial inquest if it is deemed relevant and reliable.

Overall, the main difference lies in the purpose and burden of proof in each proceeding, leading to different types and standards of evidence being presented.

Meaning that much of the evidence that was excluded from Lynn’s trial potentially could potentially be accepted by the coroner.

Certainly his conviction will be considered and post death actions along with similarities between the various deaths and a huge amount of information about Lynn’s behaviour, threats and witness statements that have never been considered.

Unlike his recent murder trial he is greatly restricted in claiming things are prejudicial.

Has GL made mention as to why he even had a trailer with him? it's always seemed strange to me why he would travel so remote with a trailer, plus have a timber top on it.its not like he was collecting firewood.
It was said it was a table, but why would a man camping alone need to take a table with him?

It was also said it was a camper. I can see some kind of home-made flip over camper, with the timber top making the floor and the tent part attached to the underside (like a Cub Camper). However, the tent part folds up into the trailer, so where would there be room for two bodies?

It was said it was a table, but why would a man camping alone need to take a table with him?

It was also said it was a camper. I can see some kind of home-made flip over camper, with the timber top making the floor and the tent part attached to the underside (like a Cub Camper). However, the tent part folds up into the trailer, so where would there be room for two bodies?
I always assumed the table was about cutting up dear carcass...

If the police were being thorough the drop toilets should have been searched.

If they haven’t been, the should be now.

Great pick up.

They should have done it imo, it's a horrible job but necessary I think together with dusting for fingerprints and swabbing for DNA at the long drop.

If it's wood, I wouldn't have thought it ideal for butchering. He may have screwed it on as a security measure making it difficult for anybody to get in to if he was away from camp.
Yet he was the one who said the area was very safe and you didn't need to lock your car.

Very good point.

His camp set up was basic.

He must have had enough room in the cab of his car to take all the stuff that was in trailer.

When you go camping you want to take as little as possible.

That's not the trend for camping these days. It's take the luxuries of home with you. I have 240v power, heaters, showers, kettles, cook tops - you name it. Trailer very handy for carting firewood around.

The good news for justice and the bad news for Lynn is that he faces the real prospect of not one but two new coronial inquests into the death of his first wife and his neighbours in Zigzag road that were originally deemed to be a murder/suicide. I’m believe the coroner has the power to look at several deaths in the one inquest if there are grounds to consider that they may connected. If that transpires Lynn’s jig is up.

In a murder trial, the evidence presented must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty of committing the crime. This typically includes witness testimonies, forensic evidence, expert opinions, and any other relevant evidence that supports the prosecution's case.

In a coronial inquest, the purpose is to determine the cause and circumstances of a person's death. The evidence presented in a coronial inquest may include witness statements, medical reports, forensic evidence, and ‘any other’ relevant information that can help establish the cause of death.

The burden of proof in a murder trial is much higher than in a coronial inquest. In a murder trial, the prosecution must prove the accused's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, while in a coronial inquest, the coroner must determine the cause of death on the balance of probabilities. Not good for old mate.

Additionally, the rules of evidence in a murder trial are more strict compared to a coronial inquest. For example, hearsay evidence is generally not admissible in a murder trial, but it may be considered in a coronial inquest if it is deemed relevant and reliable.

Overall, the main difference lies in the purpose and burden of proof in each proceeding, leading to different types and standards of evidence being presented.

Meaning that much of the evidence that was excluded from Lynn’s trial potentially could potentially be accepted by the coroner.

Certainly his conviction will be considered and post death actions along with similarities between the various deaths and a huge amount of information about Lynn’s behaviour, threats and witness statements that have never been considered.

Unlike his recent murder trial he is greatly restricted in claiming things are prejudicial.
I hope you’re right because if he has caused Lisa and the other couple’s death he needs to be accountable.
My concern is that there would have to be some proof that Lynn was in the area when the couple and their dogs died. Do we know where he was living at this time? Did police investigate other possibilities, including Lynn being involved at the time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you’re right because if he has caused Lisa and the other couple’s death he needs to be accountable.
My concern is that there would have to be some proof that Lynn was in the area when the couple and their dogs died. Do we know where he was living at this time? Did police investigate other possibilities, including Lynn being involved at the time?
FYI Macedon is not that far from Tullamarine Airport that is why its a favourite with pilots and flight staff. He could easily have been in the area because of this fact alone and at all hours considering there is no curfew at Tulla.

FYI Macedon is not that far from Tullamarine Airport that is why its a favourite with pilots and flight staff. He could easily have been in the area because of this fact alone and at all hours considering there is no curfew at Tulla.
He could have been in the vicinity. My question is more around if
police looked at this possibility at all back then and can they prove now where Lynn was on the night?
Maybe other possibilities too, sightings, forensics?

A 40 minute drive on a Sunday afternoon.

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 1.28.29 pm.png

What was GL doing when Karen Ristevski was found around there?

That's not the trend for camping these days. It's take the luxuries of home with you. I have 240v power, heaters, showers, kettles, cook tops - you name it. Trailer very handy for carting firewood around.

Me too.

Lynn’s camp set up was super basic. Not many creature comforts.

At the time I do not believe so.

It was a full ten years after lisa. 10 years.

He was at Jetstar then.

I know police have been going back over his rosters. He was in current house in 2016 that we know of. Good chance he was there in 2010. I will see if sale info is online.

This does not compute.

He had an enormous amount of guns at Macedon in the mate 90s. All over the house.

I think it was said in court he had or was registered with 9 guns.

In America that would would not be odd.

Here in Australia that is super sus.
Nah. I said that to DH and he says he knows people who have 20-30 firearms.

At time of Lisas death he was separated from her and not living with her.

He had been having an affair with a flight attendant at Ansett.

He may have been living with her.

Police checked his alibi and it was solid. As you would expect.

He was apparently drinking at a pub. Which he was never known to do.

Part of the alibi was he left his credit card and he had to go back for it.

The kids were found crawling around the bedroom and the thought was it happened early because of that. Otherwise they would have been in bed.

I am not sure if he was interstate or in Victoria.

That is a key fact which would help determine if he was physically able to have been in Macedon the night she died.

Is it just me. What do you see?

Full disclosure I’ve run this through a photo enhancer.

Attachments

• IMG_9514.jpeg
    IMG_9514.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 76
Back