Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
I’m hearing ya, I live in the NE and he potentially drove past my house on his way home. After watching the ROÍ and his vagueness re where the phones were dumped and where the drone was burnt, I’ve had a thought that he may have dumped the phones into lake buffalo at the wall and the drone into lake William hovell or eildon, he could drive from chestnut past LWH to Mansfield through the bush!! To avoid anyone seeing him!! Why would you throw phones into the Rose river when you drive past massive lakes like the above. My thoughts
Yikes that must be an eerie feeling.
I’m with you, I don’t believe he was telling the truth about where he’d dumped phones, etc.

But what are the consequences of an inquest?

Let's say an inquest concludes his plausible/likely guilt for both, what then?

Has to be sufficient new evidence for a new inquest given there was a finding (suicide) and Lynn was found to have nothing to do it with it.

The inquest then has to make a finding that LL was murdered and not only murdered but the likely suspect is GL. The police would have to have something big for that to happen. Then go through what just happened with his current trial. Can’t see it happening unless he’s on record admitting it. But he is very chatty in the car apparently.

As much as I want to think VICPOL are sophisticated long game players it’s going to have to be something big they’ve got up their sleeve to get this one up.

Has to be sufficient new evidence for a new inquest given there was a finding (suicide) and Lynn was found to have nothing to do it with it.

The inquest then has to make a finding that LL was murdered and not only murdered but the likely suspect is GL. The police would have to have something big for that to happen. Then go through what just happened with his current trial. Can’t see it happening unless he’s on record admitting it. But he is very chatty in the car apparently.

As much as I want to think VICPOL are sophisticated long game players it’s going to have to be something big they’ve got up their sleeve to get this one up.
I agree, it’s not going to be an easy task to get him charged even if he’s found to be a suspect.
If he is responsible, hopefully they find some solid new evidence.
Who knows, maybe there’s people in his life who have information and didn’t want to come forward before, but will come forward now.

I agree, it’s not going to be an easy task to get him charged even if he’s found to be a suspect.
Who knows, maybe there’s people in his life who have information and didn’t want to come forward before, but will come forward now.

Not sure what they’d have. He admitted to being abusive as part of the inquest apparently. Outside of that it’s him admitting it on record in a form that’s admissible or some big piece of forensic evidence sitting at the back of a long forgotten eveidence locker gathering dust.

He wasn’t cautioned because the police tried to skirt around the rules and list him as a person of interest. The judge said he was clearly a suspect and should have been cautioned. It’s that simple. By that stage the police had eliminated the other 11 drivers.

If the police have eliminated 11 of 12 and there’s one left, how many other persons of interest can there be at that stage?

Who said they had eliminated 11 out of 12 people by then? Generally police do not interview suspects under the guise of them just being a person of interest. There's no reason to do so. If they nailed him as a suspect in July 2020 they would have cautioned him.

Also there's no way GL would have gotten away to Grants HA undetected if he was the only suspect at the time. Pretty obvious they honed in on GL after thoroughly exhausting all other options for the phone including the phone being turfed out the window of a vehicle that never actually went past the cameras (the footprint of the Hotham tower is huge - it covers over to dinner plain to the Dargo High Plains).

Who said they had eliminated 11 out of 12 people by then? Generally police do not interview suspects under the guise of them just being a person of interest. There's no reason to do so. If they nailed him as a suspect in July 2020 they would have cautioned him.

Also there's no way GL would have gotten away to Grants HA undetected if he was the only suspect at the time. Pretty obvious they honed in on GL after thoroughly exhausting all other options for the phone including the phone being turfed out the window of a vehicle that never actually went past the cameras (the footprint of the Hotham tower is huge - it covers over to dinner plain to the Dargo High Plains).

From Erin Pearson from The Age 25/06/24

“Over the following weeks, 11 other campers and motorists were methodically eliminated from the police investigation. Police were left with one unaccounted for car – a dark-coloured Nissan Patrol.

Checks uncovered the owner, Gregory Lynn, was a shooter connected with two gun clubs who had seven registered firearms.

Police began homing in.

In July 2020, they arrived at Lynn’s Caroline Springs house to ask him about his movements in the High Country when Hill and Clay went missing. Detectives insisted Lynn was a person of interest at that stage, not an official suspect”.

Ruling #1 (detailing the interview #1 at Caroline Springs on 14/07/20) from Croucher can be found here. But I’m sure you’ve already read it.

It’s also been stickied at the top of the thread by Kurve.

Yikes that must be an eerie feeling.
I’m with you, I don’t believe he was telling the truth about where he’d dumped phones, etc.

I don’t believe a word he said.

His story about shooting into the air is based on how many times he shot the gun. Every single aspect is designed to muddy the waters

Many people went to the police after Lisas death. Literally dozens. Others after he was charged with the high country murders.

Because of the prolific nature of his odd and suspicious actions throughout his career at 5 airlines, and of course his personal life, many noteworthy incidents have not been documented or investigated fully. The police know a lot more than was produced in court, but not everything. I think they would be the first to admit this.

For example with regard the case of the murder suicide on zigzag I have not been able to discover if the investigating police at that time, or coroner, was aware of any connection to Lynn or of threats he made 10 years earlier. Several people knew and may have reported such at the time of Lisas but whether the police investigating the fire knew is uncertain. My best guess is the coroner was unaware.

Ten years is a very long time and who could possibly conceive that such an event could be linked in anyway. What has changed with the guilty verdict is that the true nature of Greg Lynn and what he is capable of has stared to be revealed.

Before the trial anyone on the outside would find it impossible to believe that a check captain could do such a thing. That has changed. Big time.

Those on the inside, close to Lisa or had encountered Lynn, all believed, the reverse. The only exception to this throughout his career has been management of the airlines he worked for, most considered him a text book employee. He could walk the walk. Talk the talk and this is why he was promoted. And survived a few interesting episodes that would have been career ending for others.

His story about shooting into the air is based on how many times he shot the gun. Every single aspect is designed to muddy the waters

Many people went to the police after Lisas death. Literally dozens. Others after he was charged with the high country murders.

Because of the prolific nature of his odd and suspicious actions throughout his career at 5 airlines, and of course his personal life, many noteworthy incidents have not been documented or investigated fully. The police know a lot more than was produced in court, but not everything. I think they would be the first to admit this.

For example with regard the case of the murder suicide on zigzag I have not been able to discover if the investigating police at that time, or coroner, was aware of any connection to Lynn or of threats he made 10 years earlier. Several people knew and may have reported such at the time of Lisas but whether the police investigating the fire knew is uncertain. My best guess is the coroner was unaware.

Ten years is a very long time and who could possibly conceive that such an event could be linked in anyway. What has changed with the guilty verdict is that the true nature of Greg Lynn and what he is capable of has stared to be revealed.

Before the trial anyone on the outside would find it impossible to believe that a check captain could do such a thing. That has changed. Big time.

Those on the inside, close to Lisa or had encountered Lynn, all believed, the reverse. The only exception to this throughout his career has been management of the airlines he worked for, most considered him a text book employee. He could walk the walk. Talk the talk and this is why he was promoted. And survived a few interesting episodes that would have been career ending for others.

Literally dozens went to the police? Where’s that coming from.

Not sure what they’d have. He admitted to being abusive as part of the inquest apparently. Outside of that it’s him admitting it on record in a form that’s admissible or some big piece of forensic evidence sitting at the back of a long forgotten eveidence locker gathering dust.
Here’s one example and I can’t believe it has not resonated more loudly.

He took lisa outside at night bound her with tape and hosed her down and left her for a period, which I think has not bern fully clarified. I’m not sure what time of year that was, but even in warmer months, Macedon can be one of the coldest places in Victoria.

This is beyond abuse. This is torture.

When I heard this I thought if you wanted to kill someone by exposure this is how you would do it. Or perhaps test it.

I am beyond shocked that this seems to have been forgotten in all the horrendous things he did to hill and clay.

If I was the coroner this is new information landed on my desk I’d want to examine in connection with lisa’s death.

It shows intent. It shows a wilfulness that when combined with dozens of threats to kill lisa, and those trying to protect her, speaks to a motive, and callousness to carry through on those threats.

Literally dozens went to the police? Where’s that coming from.

Neighbours. Family. Friends. Colleagues. At the time of Lisa’s death those close to Lisa almost with exception believed Lynn was involved. The police held suspicions and investigated but at the time there was not enough evidence.

That didn’t change the mind of those neighbours. Family. Friends and work colleagues.

Sky’s story in the age documents some of this.

Here’s one example and I can’t believe it has not resonated more loudly.

He took lisa outside at night bound her with tape and hosed her down and left her for a period, which I think has not bern fully clarified. I’m not sure what time of year that was, but even in warmer months, Macedon can be one of the coldest places in Victoria.

This is beyond abuse. This is torture.

When I heard this I thought if you wanted to kill someone by exposure this is how you would do it. Or perhaps test it.

I am beyond shocked that this seems to have been forgotten in all the horrendous things he did to hill and clay.

If I was the coroner this is new information landed on my desk I’d want to examine in connection with lisa’s death.

It shows intent. It shows a wilfulness that when combined with dozens of threats to kill lisa, and those trying to protect her, speaks to a motive, and callousness to carry through on those threats.

Of course it is. But this could have been one of the things he already admitted at the inquest. He admitted to be an abusive POS but he never had to sign anything official for the record which is unbelievable. Hard to believe this didn’t come up at the time.

The system made a rod for its own back on this.

Last edited:
Neighbours. Family. Friends. Colleagues. At the time of Lisa’s death those close to Lisa almost with exception believed Lynn was involved. The police held suspicions and investigated but at the time there was not enough evidence.

That didn’t change the mind of those neighbours. Family. Friends and work colleagues.

Ok did dozens go to the police though? That’s the bit I’m struggling with because that’s pretty epic. Just haven’t see that anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok did dozens go to the police though? That’s the bit I’m struggling with because that’s pretty epic. Just haven’t see that anywhere.

To clarify, to my knowledge at least a dozen told the police they believed Lynn was responsible. Some of those contacted the police themselves.

it safe to assume the police spoke to many more. Any one who knew Lisa at the time, in fact the preceding years, knew of the abusive nature of the relationship and Lisa told people of the threats. It wasn’t just one or two. Any of those connections would have told the police what they witnessed or lisa told them.

So I stand by ‘dozens’.

One thing I found really interesting about Lynn’s interview is that he was being interviewed for murder but he was all the time worried about what others had said about him, such as his boss. He even made some odd comment about the witness who saw him turning around that he didn’t have anything against him and that he was just doing what he thought was right. I felt that really under that comment was detest like how dare he.
The last thing you’d be worried about after telling officers you’d burnt two people was how you were perceived by others. I mean, can it get much worse than that? He minimised this crime by making out, but I didn’t murder them. You’d be focused on your story, not trying to find out he said she said about me.
He tries to outsmart people but he’s had his day and no matter what happens with other suspected crimes, I can’t see him getting out any time soon.

Last edited:

Sly in 2021..." not over by a long shot" ...
a "cleanskin"...in otherwords...

Are you allowed to elaborate?

If this is common knowledge then I must have missed it when it was discussed here.

To clarify, to my knowledge at least a dozen told the police they believed Lynn was responsible. Some of those contacted the police themselves.

it safe to assume the police spoke to many more. Any one who knew Lisa at the time, in fact the preceding years, knew of the abusive nature of the relationship and Lisa told people of the threats. It wasn’t just one or two. Any of those connections would have told the police what they witnessed or lisa told them.

So I stand by ‘dozens’.

That’s cool if you want to say the police “spoke to dozens”. Doesn’t sit comfortably with me when it’s described as “dozens went to the police”.

That conveys a whole other meaning. I think we need to be relatively precise. I get it wrong too, no harm. I’m not privy to this inside mail you’ve got so just asking questions when it’s not clicking for me.

Are you allowed to elaborate?

If this is common knowledge then I must have missed it when it was discussed here.

Yeah agree. Not mentioned here. Saw something similarly mentioned on another forum. Must be something to it if it’s getting around the traps from different posters.

I have always thought that he needed to be found guilty of at least 1 x murder with my reasoning that almost everything about him has now come to light and he is caught, it's done so to speak. Whilst no direct correlation to Lisa Lynn or Russell Hill in terms of guilt at least he is behind bars for the rest of his life. At 57 if you were to add 20 years etc he's 77 before being eligible for parole and I'd say he's not going to hurt anyone anymore IMO. I guess we'll never know if he was a mini serial killer?

From Erin Pearson from The Age 25/06/24

“Over the following weeks, 11 other campers and motorists were methodically eliminated from the police investigation. Police were left with one unaccounted for car – a dark-coloured Nissan Patrol.

Checks uncovered the owner, Gregory Lynn, was a shooter connected with two gun clubs who had seven registered firearms.

Police began homing in.

In July 2020, they arrived at Lynn’s Caroline Springs house to ask him about his movements in the High Country when Hill and Clay went missing. Detectives insisted Lynn was a person of interest at that stage, not an official suspect”.

Ruling #1 (detailing the interview #1 at Caroline Springs on 14/07/20) from Croucher can be found here. But I’m sure you’ve already read it.

It’s also been stickied at the top of the thread by Kurve.

Yes, this is all known. Detective work is long & arduous. There are many possibilities that had to be investigated apart from the 12 cars that were known to poilce. Ie the phone was in possession of someone that didn't travel past the traffic camera. As someone who frequents Hotham and the Dargo high plains this is very possible. A possible suspect could have taken Twins Rd back into Harrietville, it is just after the Dargo HP Road and Great Alpine Rd intersection:

1720495325578.png

Also, the police would not have taken everyone at their word after being questioned. Anyone known to have been in the area would have been subject to methodical and exhaustive background checks. This is how detective work is conducted so a slimy defense lawyer cannot use the defense that the case was not properly investigated. This takes considerable time, resources and effort plus COVID would have delayed this further back in 2020. We can't know for sure but I would say it is highly likely that all individuals traced to the Wonnangatta Valley and / or the Great Alpine Rd on the Sunday morning all received a similar interview to the one GL did in July 2020.

I have always thought that he needed to be found guilty of at least 1 x murder with my reasoning that almost everything about him has now come to light and he is caught, it's done so to speak. Whilst no direct correlation to Lisa Lynn or Russell Hill in terms of guilt at least he is behind bars for the rest of his life. At 57 if you were to add 20 years etc he's 77 before being eligible for parole and I'd say he's not going to hurt anyone anymore IMO. I guess we'll never know if he was a mini serial killer?
Perhaps some clever internet sleuth will reveal him to be a serial killer. It could be YOU!

There seems so much wrong in the alleged murder-suicide of the couple in Macedon, especially wrt to the fire. Fire doesn't ever seem to be a feature of murder-suicide if guns are involved. Fire is often used to cover up murders and other crimes. Then there are the dogs...

Yes, this is all known. Detective work is long & arduous. There are many possibilities that had to be investigated apart from the 12 cars that were known to poilce. Ie the phone was in possession of someone that didn't travel past the traffic camera. As someone who frequents Hotham and the Dargo high plains this is very possible. A possible suspect could have taken Twins Rd back into Harrietville, it is just after the Dargo HP Road and Great Alpine Rd intersection:

View attachment 2043398

Also, the police would not have taken everyone at their word after being questioned. Anyone known to have been in the area would have been subject to methodical and exhaustive background checks. This is how detective work is conducted so a slimy defense lawyer cannot use the defense that the case was not properly investigated. This takes considerable time, resources and effort plus COVID would have delayed this further back in 2020. We can't know for sure but I would say it is highly likely that all individuals traced to the Wonnangatta Valley and / or the Great Alpine Rd on the Sunday morning all received a similar interview to the one GL did in July 2020.
Yes I suppose the fact Hill’s phone pinged didn’t necessarily mean it was in Lynn’s car. Someone might have tossed it out of their vehicle window at that same time or even been hanging around the area and dropped it. And Lynn might have been an innocent motorist but
once all other vehicle possibilities were cleared, then it was down to Lynn

Perhaps some clever internet sleuth will reveal him to be a serial killer. It could be YOU!

There seems so much wrong in the alleged murder-suicide of the couple in Macedon, especially wrt to the fire. Fire doesn't ever seem to be a feature of murder-suicide if guns are involved. Fire is often used to cover up murders and other crimes. Then there are the dogs...
Not sure how true it was but I read the couple had money troubles and were used to a certain lifestyle and being without money wasn’t an option. It was felt this could have been a motive for M/S.
Why would they burn their home and why would they kill their dogs ? Unless they didn’t want anyone to have their dogs or their home so took everything with them ? I once had a friend who would rather destroy things than see them become someone else’s.

Back