Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Not sure how true it was but I read the couple had money troubles and were used to a certain lifestyle and being without money wasn’t an option. It was felt this could have been a motive for M/S.
Why would they burn their home and why would they kill their dogs ? Unless they didn’t want anyone to have their dogs or their home so took everything with them ? I once had a friend who would rather destroy things than see them become someone else’s.
Heaps of folks have money troubles and don't murder-suicide. Coroner took the 'easy' answer. Should have asked himself how often do apparent murder-suicide by gun also set fire to the house? Never as far as I can see. There are murder-suicides by fire, but not if there is a gun involved. It's not often that folks who don't own guns commit suicide with a gun, too. A few red flags.

Sure, some people are very destructive, usually younger and not a settled old couple like this living in Macedon. All very suss. I hope someone has a good look at this one along with his ex wife's death.

I do know but would prefer not to answer that to protect the kids.

They are silent victims in this, just as much as Lisa.
highcountry ’you prefer not to answer that to protect the kids’.
Writing about him being a serial killer and wife basher (and worse, you say, quoting ‘literally dozens of sources’)… so you think this doesn’t hurt his kids?

Writing about him being a serial killer and wife basher (and worse, you say, quoting ‘literally dozens of sources’)… so you think this doesn’t hurt his kids?
Are you close to Greg and family Nina?

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you close to Greg and family Nina?
Asking highcountry.
I’m not the one writing stories and quoting my ‘literal dozens of sources’.
Go on, who are you, and HOW do you ‘know’?
I’ll stick with facts over fiction. That’s why I’m asking. It’s getting too much like ‘Twilight’ in here.

Last edited:
Not sure how true it was but I read the couple had money troubles and were used to a certain lifestyle and being without money wasn’t an option. It was felt this could have been a motive for M/S.
Why would they burn their home and why would they kill their dogs ? Unless they didn’t want anyone to have their dogs or their home so took everything with them ? I once had a friend who would rather destroy things than see them become someone else’s.
Yep

Murder/suicide carries the huge weight of highly emotive term, it immediately conjures up an aggressor and a helpless victim whose life was stolen by the aggressor

Change it the expression to a suicide pact where both people decided to end their lives (but with only one weapon available) after killing their pets and setting a fire with the intent of destroying the house after they had no continued use for.

More understandable, but still a tragedy

But there was no suicide note, all the Hollywood crime pundits scream.

A cursory Google search indicates that only about a third of suicidees leave notes explaining, rationalising or even seeking to apportion blame for their decision

I'd suggest that for many, suicide, or suicide pact, victims, the act of suicide is an intensely personal decision that needs no explanation to outsiders.

As outsiders to the couple's relationship, we don't know the dynamics of their relationship, the pressures, real or imagined, they felt or even whether one or both had suicidal ideation

We don't know whether either one or both were suffering from depression (let alone "treatable" mental health issues) and why they may or may have not sought professional help.

They may have been murdered, but they also may have decided to die at the same time to be with their dogs forever because in their mind living was too hard.

A Coronial Inquest is similar to a Court case in they seek evidence from parties involved or witness to the death, investigating or with an interest in the matter to determine a possible cause of death.

The rules of evidence are far "looser" than a Criminal trial, "heresay" evidence can be adduced and a determination made on the basis of the evidence supplied.

Asking highcountry.
I’m not the one writing stories and quoting my ‘literal dozens of sources’.
Go on, who are you, and HOW do you ‘know’?
I’ll stick with facts over fiction. That’s why I’m asking. It’s getting too much like ‘Twilight’ in here.
Ninaballerina, Lynn’s children are innocent victims in all of this and I haven’t seen anything negative said about them.
I feel sorry for Hill and Ms Clay’s children. Imagine Ms Clay’s daughter knowing her Mother’s head was blown off, mopped up and put in the river, body disregarded then burnt to a crisp. Her heart must be broken.
I wonder if Greg thinks about all of the children’s (including adult children) lives he has affected.

Ninaballerina, Lynn’s children are innocent victims in all of this and I haven’t seen anything negative said about them.
I feel sorry for Hill and Ms Clay’s children. Imagine Ms Clay’s daughter knowing her Mother’s head was blown off, mopped up and put in the river, body disregarded then burnt to a crisp. Her heart must be broken.
I wonder if Greg thinks about all of the children’s (including adult children) lives he has affected.
Well said Underarrest.

Sadly, I think all the adult children (Hill, Clay & Lynn's) will be forever affected by what GL did. He obviously had no
thoughts on the impact this would have on his own family (let alone the Hills & Clays).

There is a lot of speculating (and FACTS) as to what else GL has done in his life and it certainly isn't nice. Actually,
it's horrendous! Of course this will be talked about for many years to come.

nothing negative 🤔
The constant gossip and sniping at the Lynn family is negative. The witty comments are negative. The speculation is negative.
underarrest ‘facts’? Sorry - as you say FACTS. Sourced from Herald Sun, or Daily Mail?
Waiting to hear from highcountry who apparently has all the facts?

nothing negative 🤔
The constant gossip and sniping at the Lynn family is negative. The witty comments are negative. The speculation is negative.
Waiting to hear from highcountry
And the most negative thing in this thread right now, is you.

nothing negative 🤔
underarrest ‘facts’? Sorry - as you say FACTS. Sourced from Herald Sun, or Daily Mail?
Ninaballerina - so you think all of the talk & gossip will just stop? I think there have been far worse things said on other
forums which perhaps GL's children will read .. or perhaps they won't read.

It appears to me, that you are either direct family or a friend and I feel greatly for you. Maybe it would be best for your own mental health not to read these forums. Yes, it's ugly but it's also human nature to discuss such horrendous things. Take care of yourself.

And we all felt more than upset to see the heartbreaking affect the trial had on Lynn’s kids, those 2 young men. Just tragic to see them so sad and worn down, the emotional pain, learning unbelievable things the dad they loved and were proud of, was capable of carrying out. And it’s not easy to forget the haunting sadness and pain etched in the eyes of Hill’s daughter on 60 Mins. Agree, there are so many who have had their lives blown up
by the incomprehensible savagery and chilling detachment of this man.

He must be kept behind the fence.

You could write for Disney if you need a new hobby. The Acolyte is in desperate need of a new scriptwriter.
If you ever actually had a connection with their family, name it. Put up or shut up. Right now, sounds like you are scribbling fan fiction. Obsessed.

The only person who has hurt the kids is Greg Lynn.

Do you realise you can keep scrolling?

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing negative 🤔
Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you think he has been wrongly convicted?

So let me see if I understand this correctly.
We all like the judge, but his instructions to the jury - ‘oh no, GL might get off’.
Nobody on this forum has ever had any connection to GL, but ‘his story is so stupid, we can tell he is lying’.
DD is an amazing man to watch at work, ‘but how can he defend someone like that’.
The first his wife ever knew about this was when her house got raided at nighttime when she was at home with her kids, ‘but she’s so arrogant and sits up straight and waves at GL when he comes to court’.
DD confirmed there was issues with funding, ‘serves them right, leave them with nothing, they must pay’.
Their family home (and you’ve done searches, there’s not another one) has a caveat on it so it can’t be sold. If GL is found guilty, hoorah! That will show him!… but where will his wife and kids live?
The most at risk for homelessness? Women of age 50+. Which she is. With only a part time job and as has been discussed here: one son under 18, another who comes to court and has been seen in tears.
GL will have a roof over his head, ha ha! you say. What about them? Will you be taking them in?

If she's 50+ she'll have to get a full time job now (like other 50yo that find themselves/hims/hers/thems without the Breadwinner providing anymore)

Or divorce - sell & rent.

Or move on with Mr Right.

Multiple options really ;)

(ps) I suggest renting near the Jail - less petrol spent on visiting - or, even better - close to the bus stop near prison.

Last edited:
What’s your link to Greg?

Not aligned to high country at all, but it’s seems to have hit a raw nerve with you?

Think it’s a fair question to ask. If people are going to come on the thread and start asking who knows who probably needs to be some substance behind it. Both sides.

Yep

Murder/suicide carries the huge weight of highly emotive term, it immediately conjures up an aggressor and a helpless victim whose life was stolen by the aggressor

Change it the expression to a suicide pact where both people decided to end their lives (but with only one weapon available) after killing their pets and setting a fire with the intent of destroying the house after they had no continued use for.

More understandable, but still a tragedy

But there was no suicide note, all the Hollywood crime pundits scream.

A cursory Google search indicates that only about a third of suicidees leave notes explaining, rationalising or even seeking to apportion blame for their decision

I'd suggest that for many, suicide, or suicide pact, victims, the act of suicide is an intensely personal decision that needs no explanation to outsiders.

As outsiders to the couple's relationship, we don't know the dynamics of their relationship, the pressures, real or imagined, they felt or even whether one or both had suicidal ideation

We don't know whether either one or both were suffering from depression (let alone "treatable" mental health issues) and why they may or may have not sought professional help.

They may have been murdered, but they also may have decided to die at the same time to be with their dogs forever because in their mind living was too hard.

A Coronial Inquest is similar to a Court case in they seek evidence from parties involved or witness to the death, investigating or with an interest in the matter to determine a possible cause of death.

The rules of evidence are far "looser" than a Criminal trial, "heresay" evidence can be adduced and a determination made on the basis of the evidence supplied.

I would think it to be unlikely to leave a suicide note if the end goal was to burn the house down with the bodies and note incinerated in the flames.

Obviously the fire was started prior to death due to smoke in both their lungs, so that may well have been their own doing.

I would think it to be unlikely to leave a suicide note if the end goal was to burn the house down with the bodies and note incinerated in the flames.

Obviously the fire was started prior to death due to smoke in both their lungs, so that may well have been their own doing.
You are so right. No point in leaving a suicide note if you’re burning everything.

nothing negative 🤔
Please do go on. What are you actually here for?

Back