Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
So was Williams. In that case, his death quite possibly ensured that one or more unsolved murders remained that way. And either the Herald-Sun is run by complete idiots, or they had a fair idea that putting that story on the front page was putting Williams directly at risk.

The Justice Department and the prisons have an obligation to ensure the safety of their prisoners. Now that Lynn's been convicted, I don't much care to read about the meagre "luxuries" he's been afforded, nor do I have curious daydreams about notorious prison gangs brutalising Lynn and others of his ilk. Thank goodness for modern day Robin Hoods like Matthew Johnson and the G-Fam to maintain order I suppose.

If a newspaper article talking about what colour Lynn's bedsheets are is likely to jeopardise his safety then there ought to be legal avenues to stop it being printed.
Oh...I don't think everyone's sitting around for the early edition of the
Herald-Sun to figure out their next move.

Some coincidence then that Williams' murder and Mokbel's attack were both carried out within a day of their respective Herald-Sun stories being published. In the latter case, the sentencing judge specifically mentioned that the Herald-Sun article was the reason for the attack.

Some coincidence then that Williams' murder and Mokbel's attack were both carried out within a day of their respective Herald-Sun stories being published. In the latter case, the sentencing judge specifically mentioned that the Herald-Sun article was the reason for the attack.

That's timing. Prisons are complex systems and there's a multitude of factors at play which culminate in an opportunity presenting itself. Have you asked yourself where the Herald Sun is getting it's tip-offs from?

People shouldn't be suprised, as the press often works hand in glove on a quid pro quo basis. Many a deal is done in exchange for tip offs, planted articles or indeed, as people here should already be aware the 60Minutes program that was an outright manipulation between the 4th estate and the Police.

I’m disappointed and frustrated - I was thinking 19th July was actually the sentencing, but it was just a mention? and the matter will be back in court on sept 19… could some learned folk GrayRanga explain why?
It is disappointing but expected. As soon as the verdict was announced it was said in the media (and by me here) that it would be 2 months and people scoffed. The wheels of justice have always ground slowly.

That's timing. Prisons are complex systems and there's a multitude of factors at play which culminate in an opportunity presenting itself. Have you asked yourself where the Herald Sun is getting it's tip-offs from?
Generally the Police or reporters who have deep connections to police and ancillary staff.
The interesting thing here is the connections between CWilliams's death in prison and the disappearance of David Prideaux...in the High Country.

I don't really care where the tips are coming from. You said no-one gets attacked in prison because of a Herald-Sun article; I've shown you a case where the judge has said that's precisely what happened, a case where a day after the front page headline of the Herald-Sun read "Tony the enforcer", witnesses heard his attackers taunting Mokbel with words to the effect of "You think you're an enforcer?" Another incredible coincidence, I suppose.

I don't really care where the tips are coming from. You said no-one gets attacked in prison because of a Herald-Sun article; I've shown you a case where the judge has said that's precisely what happened, a case where a day after the front page headline of the Herald-Sun read "Tony the enforcer", witnesses heard his attackers taunting Mokbel with words to the effect of "You think you're an enforcer?" Another incredible coincidence, I suppose.
With respect, that is not what I have said. What comes first? The tips or the articles. And what does this mean in terms of aforethought and timing?Pamcake1 above, has kindly added some detail to a complex system.

With respect, that is not what I have said.

In sentencing, County Court Judge Liz Gaynor said the "brazen" attack against Mokbel was committed in direct response to a Herald Sun story which claimed that the drug kingpin had become an "enforcer" within the prison.

It's sidetracked the thread a bit and I apologise for that, but to summarise, I don't think Greg Lynn getting a couple of meagre luxuries while he's in prison is newsworthy and the Herald-Sun has - to put it politely - a chequered history with publishing stories like these about notorious criminals and their lives behind bars. I'll leave it at that.

I’m disappointed and frustrated - I was thinking 19th July was actually the sentencing, but it was just a mention? and the matter will be back in court on sept 19… could some learned folk GrayRanga explain why?
Not in any shape or form learned.

Many years ago worked on the peripheries of the Criminal Justice system and did some reasearch projects in it too and later a few jobs in regulatory bodies

Not legally trained, but you pick up some things by osmosis. I'd say I've reached the level of being acutely aware of my limitations; at the bottom end of the "known unknowns"

Courts have a process of ensuring people don't get lost in the system by rolling over "mentions" at regular intervals.

The reporting did say the defence was seeking a pre-sentence psych report in regards to his response to conviction and his mental state to endure along period of inprisonment

Doubt it will give any great insights into either the crime or his personailty, not requested for that reason

Many years ago worked on the peripheries of the Criminal Justice system and did some reasearch projects in it too and later a few jobs in regulatory bodies

Not legally trained, but you pick up some things by osmosis. I'd say I've reached the level of being acutely aware of my limitations; at the bottom end of the "known unknowns"

Courts have a process of ensuring people don't get lost in the system by rolling over "mentions" at regular intervals.

The reporting did say the defence was seeking a pre-sentence psych report in regards to his response to conviction and his mental state to endure along period of inprisonment

Doubt it will give any great insights into either the crime or his personailty, not requested for that reason

This is not directed at you, but isn't that a bit of a joke?

Who is going to submit a psych report, that says they happily accept their conviction and are looking forward to a lengthy period of detention where they are expected to thrive?

What a complete and utter waste of time.

This is not directed at you, but isn't that a bit of a joke?

Who is going to submit a psych report, that says they happily accept their conviction and are looking forward to a lengthy period of detention where they are expected to thrive?

What a complete and utter waste of time.
It's for leniency.
The convicted presents through their lawyer, all the reasons the judge should give the lesser end of the sentence for murder.
The big one here is no (known) prior convictions, up standing citizen, father and husband, doesn't deserve it blahdeblah etc.
The psych report will say all of the above along those lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reporting did say the defence was seeking a pre-sentence psych report in regards to his response to conviction and his mental state to endure along period of inprisonment.
SMH here. The rights of offenders often seem more important than the victims of crime. I personally don’t give a rat’s cracker if an offenders mental state makes it difficult to endure long periods of imprisonment.

It's for leniency.
The convicted presents through their lawyer, all the reasons the judge should give the lesser end of the sentence for murder.
The big one here is no (known) prior convictions, up standing citizen, father and husband, doesn't deserve it blahdeblah etc.
Hope Dann brings a violin .

It's for leniency.
But you and I could provide that, and could have done so on Friday.

It's just ludicrous time, money and effort wasting IMO.

The court can order a psychiatric assessment under the verdins principle can’t it?

But you and I could provide that, and could have done so on Friday.

It's just ludicrous time, money and effort wasting IMO.

I’m not sure the defence can go and pick whoever they want to conduct the psych assessment. I think it has to be someone that is acknowledged as an authorised psychiatrist under the Mental Health and Wellbeing Act.

what would his psychiatric illness be in this case? He said it was two accidents alluding to himself being the victim. He’s a calm man who just panicked.

Don’t know. That’s why there’s a suggestion that at psychiatric assessment be conducted.

I think given the extreme nature of the post offence conduct a psych assessment might demonstrate some personality defects leading to potential borderline personality disorder.

Doesn’t mean he gets leniency might even strengthen a sentencing decision under verdins principles. Bit of a fine line to tread.

Last edited:
Don’t know. That’s why there’s a suggestion that at psychiatric assessment be conducted.

I think given the extreme nature of the post offence conduct a psych assessment might demonstrate some personality defects leading to potential borderline personality disorder.

Doesn’t mean he gets leniency might even strengthen a sentencing decision under verdins principles. Bit of a fine line to tread.
True. Especially with the seemingly lack of remorse for the post offences and self centred/absorption displayed in the police interview (the part released anyway.)

True. Especially with the seemingly lack of remorse for the post offences and self centred/absorption displayed in the police interview (the part released anyway.)

I always go back to R v Bayley. It was such an extreme case and when he was assessed by prof Ogloff even though there were some clear psychiatric issues with him they weren’t significant enough to trigger any of the verdins tests for sentencing. And he is a ****ing psycho.

It's for leniency.
Upstanding citizen🤣
Just read that properly and spat my coffee out🤭

Borderline (BPD) is characterised by pervasive emotional dysregulation. He definitely ain't BPD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back