Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Maybe his Manager didn’t like him taking the gloves, although they were used gloves apparently.

Clearly they didn’t agree on something. Maybe he was on a performance improvement plan

Is there anyone out there that knows Greg Lynn and can attest that he was a good person? Even just normal average? Was he funny or kind? A great friend?
I know a bloke name Greg who likes long walks in the mountains, he'll provide a good bloke status on G-Lizzlecwhen he’s available…

…..in a decade or two….

Last edited:

The more I listen to the interviews, I’m more than impressed with how the interviewing officers let him expose himself in a completely natural fashion. I’ve done a lot of ROIs (not at this level of criminality) and I think they played this quite well.

Like the prosecution, they’ve also copped flack for how they ran the show, but it’s clear (to me), that to successfully get the information and the resulting verdict, they simply just coerced Lynn into hanging himself using his own arrogance.

To get what they got with little to go on, was a huge success in its own right.

Last edited:
True. But usually you still get someone claiming the perpetrator was a good bloke or a great footy player or something.

Fair to assume he was intelligent and hard working?

Whenever I hear the term 'hard but fair' to describe someone I take it as a polite way of saying they are not a likeable person.

The more I listen to the interviews, I’m more than impressed with how the interviewing officers let him expose himself in a completely natural fashion. I’ve done a lot of ROIs (not at this level of criminality) and I think they played this quite well.

Like the prosecution, they’ve also copped flack for how they ran the show, but it’s clear (to me), that to successfully get the information and the resulting verdict, they simply just coerced Lynn into hanging himself using his own arrogance.

To get what they got with little to go on, was a huge success in its own right.
Delicious irony is GL is thinking he’s acting out the best bullet proof crafted escape story of his life but turns out the interview is now a masterclass filed under ‘let the perp prattle’ - hubris 101

Sort of bloke he is.

Well he decided to unleash that RH and CC were getting busy with it in their tent.

It was well known in the media by the time of his arrest that they were most likely having a secret affair.

That statement, most likely false, is only said by him to inflict further pain, embarrassment and suffering on his victims families.

No one else cares, it's not relevant to what happened and a pretty spiteful thing to bring up.

Sort of bloke he is.

Well he decided to unleash that RH and CC were getting busy with it in their tent.

It was well known in the media by the time of his arrest that they were most likely having a secret affair.

That statement, most likely false, is only said by him to inflict further pain, embarrassment and suffering on his victims families.

No one else cares, it's not relevant to what happened and a pretty spiteful thing to bring up.
Well said..! :thumbsu: 👌

Delicious irony is GL is thinking he’s acting out the best bullet proof crafted escape story of his life but turns out the interview is now a masterclass filed under ‘let the perp prattle’ - hubris 101
A bit like Prince Andrews interview in 2019, he thought he had done well but had really shown just how bad he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sly with an interesting article today, basically saying the appeal has little chance of succeeding.
Have linked aricle, 12ft ladder is your friend to read it.

A decent analysis by Sly from the article linked above.

Croucher will sentence Lynn on the jury’s guilty verdict. In the usual set of circumstances, defence lawyers produce material to mitigate the person’s culpability, such as mental health issues or an underprivileged background.

But they can’t this time, because Lynn says he didn’t do it.

“In the short term, we have to respect the jury verdicts and have to respect the process your honour is about to enter into in terms of the sentencing process,” Dann told the court.

“Lynn maintains his innocence in respect of the murder charge. He maintains he told zero lies in the section of interview played to the jury. He maintains he’s never killed any person, any place, any time, anywhere.”

We haven't seen the hours of recordings when Lynn lied repeatedly.

At the risk of being a killjoy, we should point out that Lynn is no George Washington admitting that he chopped down the mythical cherry tree. Lynn lied repeatedly, first when questioned at his home and later when formally interviewed by detectives at the Sale police station. But those lies were kept from the jury as that material was considered unfair and inadmissible. Those facts stayed outside the bubble.

At the risk of being a killjoy, we should point out that Lynn is no George Washington admitting that he chopped down the mythical cherry tree. Lynn lied repeatedly, first when questioned at his home and later when formally interviewed by detectives at the Sale police station. But those lies were kept from the jury as that material was considered unfair and inadmissible. Those facts stayed outside the bubble.
We have not and we'd like to.The question is-who has access to that part of the ROI ? surely that should be in the public domain.
In the ROI that was made public ( available on YouTube and other sources ) ,I believe he lies a lot as we all know but what Sly and others in the press have referred to must be lies that there was documented evidence proving those were,in fact,lies.How can we see this ?-anyone ?

"that material was considered unfair and inadmissible."

Are you able to say what this material was and why it was inadmissible?

he would tell his version, which was presented as the truth but which the jury didn't believe, so also lying.

Here's the article from the wayback machine.

Seeing Hill’s daughter so upset about the verdict is heartbreaking.
In saying that I think the jury did the best with what they had in looking at the who, what, when and where and linking the available evidence to come to a guilty verdict for Ms Clay.
The thing that stands out for me the most is that according to Lynn, Hill found his way to Lynn’s vehicle and found both the rifle and the ammunition in the pitch black of the night. From here, (the very start) the story crumbles.

Lynn sounds like a real wolf in sheep’s clothing.
Terrible that he had killed at least 2 people (most would believe this occurred but the legal proof wasn’t there) but god forbid he have raged whilst in control of an airliner.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back