Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Interesting (and sad) discussion on an informative episode of The Missing Campers podcast regarding the not guilty finding for the murder of RH. The 'spontaneous' disagreement, fight, death and burning of a body reminded me of this gruesome twosome and the seemingly extraordinary light sentence...

Interesting (and sad) discussion on an informative episode of The Missing Campers podcast regarding the not guilty finding for the murder of RH. The 'spontaneous' disagreement, fight, death and burning of a body reminded me of this gruesome twosome and the seemingly extraordinary light sentence...
“Unorthodox” 🤔. Being the judgemental type I would call the whole thing grotesque. But what the judge said about the dismembering and burning should equally apply to Lynn.

9 YEARS?!?!?! WTF.

Why do we think Lynn ended up giving away the site of the remains after the explanation of how much he wanted to make himself disappear from the situation?

Did he think he had done so well enough to destroy them that there was nothing left for the prosecution to use against him?

Why do we think Lynn ended up giving away the site of the remains after the explanation of how much he wanted to make himself disappear from the situation?

Did he think he had done so well enough to destroy them that there was nothing left for the prosecution to use against him?
I have watched the interview and feel the same way. He reiterated several times that they would not find anything and was very cocky about that. I also think he genuinly thought the cops bellieved his story, so much so, that he thought he would be going home that day too

Maybe he was aware of the dissonance between being innocent and acting in self defence, and refusing to disclose the location of the remains to at least give the families some closure and allow the police to close the case (I haven't seen the interview though).

Am I correct they are wandering amongst us 😬
Yes, not to mention getting released and possibly moving in next door. I mean, who wants to live next door to someone who’s murdered including decapitating/burning bodies. It’s a nightmare come true.
I believe that some people can be rehabilitated and should be able to be released back in society but there’s little chance with sickos like this and personally I don’t believe they should get a second chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is GL's next court visit 12th or 13th? I thought last time i attended, next hearing was set for 19th Sep according to some notes i took..
Work has kept me out of the loop more than i desired, but was hoping to get to his next appearance. It think it is another procedural pre-sentence hearing, more than a setencing though?
Thanks in advance..😊

Is GL's next court visit 12th or 13th? I thought last time i attended, next hearing was set for 19th Sep according to some notes i took..
Work has kept me out of the loop more than i desired, but was hoping to get to his next appearance. It think it is another procedural pre-sentence hearing, more than a setencing though?
Thanks in advance..😊
The Defence will be tabling their psych report and Clay's family will be giving a victim impact statement.

Hill's famiy probably not be given the opportunity, becuase Lynn hasn't been convicted of any offence relating to Hill

There might be a Pre Sentence Report from a CCO which may go into his background, but as he has not made any admissions, the concept of remorse cannot be addressed and given the length of his probable sentence, post release plans are not of a High priority

I'd say that the actual sentencing will be deferred to a later date, within a week or two

The Defence will be tabling their psych report and Clay's family will be giving a victim impact statement.

Hill's famiy probably not be given the opportunity, becuase Lynn hasn't been convicted of any offence relating to Hill

There might be a Pre Sentence Report from a CCO which may go into his background, but as he has not made any admissions, the concept of remorse cannot be addressed and given the length of his probable sentence, post release plans are not of a High priority

I'd say that the actual sentencing will be deferred to a later date, within a week or two
Thanks as always GreyRanga for your considered response, as always😊
Yes...i do believe actual sentencing date is 19th Sept, as per my notes from last time. I still wish to go on 12th, as I feel will be very,very interesting..particularly if elements of psych report are discussed. The repartee between counsel and J. Croucher was also exfremely entertaining to observe!😊

Kurve, prob long overdue, but thanks again for tireless and impeccable moderation in the crime boards...your tenacity and even-handedness, especially against some genuinely obnoxious blow-ins in the Lehrmann thread, regarding LR matter, is truly some of the best handled mod work i've seen. Very impressed personally how you keep on top of it, maintain your calm (publicly at least!), keep your passion and stay sane at the same time despite some truly awful blow-ins and persistant campaigners..truly a SuperMod!😉
It is this factor, plus the genuinely diverse nature and considered opinions of a select number of true contributors that keep me coming back here, despite not really being a "footy person"!
Very glad to have stumbled in here.😁

I'm also very surprised how quiet it has become in here, especially contrasted to the widfires in some other threads (eg:LR v BH, BL / BH) ..only the true diehards, intently interested in the machinations of what has been an unusual and extraordinary case. It will all heat up again in a week or so, i imagine!😉
Not much to add. Verdict will be appealed but that's still a year away minimum. Will be very interesting. Not without grounds. But that's been posted ad nauseum. Sentence will be stock standard. Probably 30 years Min 23. Appeal will be lodged after

I'm also very surprised how quiet it has become in here, especially contrasted to the widfires in some other threads (eg:LR v BH, BL / BH) ..only the true diehards, intently interested in the machinations of what has been an unusual and extraordinary case. It will all heat up again in a week or so, i imagine!😉
Dipped my toes in on the BH case but it kind of made me feel dirty 😁. For the most part it’s nice and relatively sane over here.

The latest podcast episode 'An Analysis of Lynn' makes Lynn look even more guilty.

Not hard to know why the cookers and Lynn fan bois have not been seen around here since the verdict.
Watson-Munro’s non-professional assessment of Lynn is scathing. Hard to imagine a Lynn supporter could listen to that episode and not question their judgment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back