Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
Added onto the sentence for murdering Carol, I hope.

I'm not a legal expert but I believe that's not how it works with lesser charges. The higher charge is always charged (murder) and penalised.

Technically the DPP could charge over interfering with a corpse on RH as GL was found not guilty of murder. Thus this would become the highest charge that the DPP can now bring against GL in relation to RH. However, listening to Nick Papas on the missing campers podcast this is very unlikely as the maximum penalty is 5 years (3 of which have been already served) and the offender already spending 3 years locked up for a murder charge on RH that in the eyes of the law could not be proven.

Unfortunately it looks like according to law the post offence stuff won't be much of a factor in sentencing.

I’ve no idea but I believe someone did a podcast. He was a prisoner at YLP (Yatala Labour Prison) and a trustee. I was a teenager and recall thinking he was so ordinary almost benign. It was the late 70’s, the judiciary was interesting to say the least.
The transcript of the podcast makes sense now.

The Crown definitely stuffed that one up

Whilst he may have killed 10 people, he was only convicted of one; the murder of his wife.

So for all intents and purposes he had, in the eyes of the law, only commited and convicted of a single murder and treated under law on that basis.

Rules of Natural Justice, you cannot be punished for something you haven't had the opportunity to defend before an unbiased arbitrator

I'm not a legal expert but I believe that's not how it works with lesser charges. The higher charge is always charged (murder) and penalised.

Technically the DPP could charge over interfering with a corpse on RH as GL was found not guilty of murder. Thus this would become the highest charge that the DPP can now bring against GL in relation to RH. However, listening to Nick Papas on the missing campers podcast this is very unlikely as the maximum penalty is 5 years (3 of which have been already served) and the offender already spending 3 years locked up for a murder charge on RH that in the eyes of the law could not be proven.

Unfortunately it looks like according to law the post offence stuff won't be much of a factor in sentencing.
I didn’t think so, only wishful thinking 😕

I'm not up on the SA Judicial, Parole or Corrections system and their history and the various links I could find doesn't explain how he could be released after 8 years, other than he was released on parole after 8 years. after being sentenced to a commuted sentence of life imprisonment

In Victoria, a release under parole conditions prior to the satisfication of their Non-Parole Period or by effluxion of time on their sentence is by Exercise of the Royal Prerogative of Mercy, with is made by the Governor in Council (essentually a political decision)

Was this decision made by a Court, a Parole Board or political decision?

The parole board was headed by the rather famous Justice Roma Mitchell, who also sentenced him to death - this is from an article in the Advertiser - https://archive.is/ycWjQ I don't know how a parole board works and if the head is involved in all cases. It really seems terrible. 8 years for 10 murders then get to live a normal live for 22 years, after marrying a women with 7 kids again. WTF was Justice Mitchel thinking?

““I had to kill my wife, there was no other way out but to stop her from ever seeing (Mr X) again. But somehow, with all the screaming noises that was splitting my head wide open, and that horrible look on my wife’s face, I couldn’t control my actions and just went on (killing) until everything was finally quiet.”
Asked in a later police interview why he had killed the children, Bartholomew said: “Once I had shot Christine (his eldest daughter), I realised I had to kill them all. I couldn’t leave any behind. I loved them all too much.”

Usual cr*p from these monsters - I had to kill them because I loved them so.

DM get all the info don't they:
Photos galore (incl. photo of the gun used to kill CC) bloody looks like a military weapon to me !:
Quite a lengthy summary:

EXCLUSIVE Inside the twisted love life of former Jetstar pilot Greg Lynn: Secret love child is exposed as mystery woman enters the frame - as he faces dying in jail over campsite bloodbath​

The court heard Lynn quickly moved on from the suicide of his first wife, who had been in a bitter custody fight with Lynn at the time of her death.

Mr Dann suggested Lynn immediately hooked up with a mystery woman as he squabbled with his estranged wife over the children and family assets.

'The relationship fell into difficulties and Mr Lynn moved out of the family home and commenced a relationship,' he told the court.

The court heard Lynn successfully wrangled the children away from his estranged wife's family and gained full custody of them as well as retaining the family home.

With his former wife out of the picture, Lynn was free to continue the relationship with his mystery lover, who was not named in court.

'He moved then with the woman he was in a new relationship with and the two boys to a property in Mount Macedon, then moved to Adelaide,' Mr Dann said.

The court heard Lynn's new lover gave birth to a daughter on February 8, 2001, little more than a year after the death of his first wife.

'That relationship ultimately broke down so he moved back to Melbourne with his sons,' Mr Dann said.

Lynn moved with his kids to Qatar in the Middle East where quickly bounced back from the last broken relationship to hook up with flight attendant and second wife, Melanie.

The court heard Lynn walked down the aisle with her in 2004 and the couple had a son together in 2007.

They moved back to Australia shortly afterwards, settling in Caroline Springs in Melbourne's west where she still lives today - but possibly for not much longer.

The court heard police are keen to see the property confiscated as part of the proceeds of crime.

The court also heard new details about Lynn's relationship with his first wife Lisa.

In revelations not shared with the jury, Justice Croucher had previously been told Lisa's mother blamed Lynn for her daughter's suicide.

'In addition to not gaining any support from Greg, he would subject her to physical and mental abuse on a regular basis,' Lisa's mum claimed in a statement made to the coroner at the time.

'These events happened too frequently to remember...things like losing his temper for no reason and blaming Lisa for anything that went wrong.

'He then would yell and throw things at her and push her around.

Daily Mail Australia is unable to report the full extent of what happened next because of a legal gag order issued by a magistrate in a lower court before the trial.

4 children with 3 different women (1 dead)
What a mess GL has caused - he's caused hundreds of people pure HORROR
Murdered 1 CC :( - acquitted of a 2nd RH :( - burnt & pulverized both bodies (no denial of this fact)
And this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13846095/Jetstar-greg-lynn-carol-clay.html

Last edited:
The transcript of the podcast makes sense now.

The Crown definitely stuffed that one up

Whilst he may have killed 10 people, he was only convicted of one; the murder of his wife.

So for all intents and purposes he had, in the eyes of the law, only commited and convicted of a single murder and treated under law on that basis.

Rules of Natural Justice, you cannot be punished for something you haven't had the opportunity to defend before an unbiased arbitrator
Thank you for clarifying the situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

Back