Ryan griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

my apols if i offended - hes a very good player no doubting that.
No goals though in that pelim.
2 finals in 09 for 1 goal from a soft free.
they shut down his most deadly weapon.

Since when is his most deadly weapon goal kicking? He has only kicked 67 goals since 2005. His most deadly weapon is his run and carry, easily.
A midfielder like Griff is not noted for goal kicking at all. More so his ability at goal assists and just running.
He is a jet when he gets on the run. As this video displays:

[youtube]WzfPJYFRoZk[/youtube]

Actually he's really starred in finals and has probably been our best september player over the last few years.

Probably explains why you've lost more finals than you've won in recent years then.

If he played for the pies or Carlton the hype would be out of control .
Jus sayin...

If he played for the Pies the ammount of pressure that would be on his shoulders for his failure to produce regularly would be enormous.

Think of what Dale Thomas copped over the last few years.

He would be crucified, but would he be mentally tough enough to handle it?

If he played for the Pies the ammount of pressure that would be on his shoulders for his failure to produce regularly would be enormous.

Think of what Dale Thomas copped over the last few years.

He would be crucified, but would he be mentally tough enough to handle it?

Please don't compare Dale Thomas to Griffen.

i've never been able to make up my mind about griffen.

i can't decide if he is a barometer, and that when plays well the dogs play well...

or whether he's a downhill skier, who plays well when the dogs are already playing well.

Correct. One is tough, skillful, beautiful hands, super mark, and the other one is Ryan Griffen

Ridiculous comment. I am more than happy to admit that 2010 has been a breakout year for Dale Thomas and good luck to him. He has been a star for the Pies, no doubt. Likewise for Ryan Griffen. Has gone from strength to strength this year and was massive today in what was an enormous game for our club, both in terms of our finals aspirations and the events of this week. You come across as a ****wit with posts like that toejam.

And yeah, as others have said, the kid performs in Finals.

Has had a break-out year with his impact on games and his consistency...but I concede it's not before time. Couldn't care less what others think. We have him and you simply wish you had him.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've never been able to make up my mind about griffen.

i can't decide if he is a barometer, and that when plays well the dogs play well...

or whether he's a downhill skier, who plays well when the dogs are already playing well.
No way a downhill skier, he's been one of the best players over our finals
campaigns. Class Guy

Or tambling maybe ?
Umm, no

They needed a key forward so bad they've recruited stop gaps Scott Welsh and now Barry Hall to fill the key forward spot they so desperately need. Can you imagine how good the Dogs would be with Franklin playing with their midfield?

The lack of scrutiny they get over this is astonishing.

Hasn't shown he can cut it when games are tight and the doggies aren't getting the free open space game
Think he sloted the winner against Melbourne this year where we won by 4 points in a wet, tight game when we were playing pretty average footy across the board.

Did you notice the two cups he was holding?

And the question was real, I haven't seen much of him this year.
I don't think his field kicking was ever poor - but he used to miss goals on the run from 50 very regularly when he should've been slotting them. No doubt. This year he has been kicking them most of the time, which has meant he's a lot more damaging.

He's a player that has benefited from having a big forward. Whether he's delivering to him or not, he's a guy who likes to run the lines and just play direct footy - which is what the team have been doing more of thanks to Hall.

Having a very good season. Will be interesting to see if he puts another couple games like that together, how he handles what would quickly become a very hard tag.

Correct. One is tough, skillful, beautiful hands, super mark, and the other one is Ryan Griffen

I just spewed up in my mouth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back