S.F.L. B+F results

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the Top 10's for each division.....

DIV 1. SENIORS
McKenzie, Ewen (Cheltenham) 22
Quinn, Myles (St Kilda City) 21
Currie, Vic (Clayton) 21
Lindsay, John (St Kilda City) 19
Flack, Ryan (Chelsea Heights) 14
James, Luke (St Pauls East Bent) 13
Shalders, Mark (Cheltenham) 12
Rafferty, Jarrod (St Pauls East Bent) 12
Wells, Waata (Springvale Districts) 11
Hope, Barry (East Brighton) 11

DIV 1. RESERVES
Harris, Matthew (St Kilda City) 19
Williams, Luke (Chelsea Heights) 14
MacKenzie, Matthew (St Pauls East Bent) 13
Hanns, Chris (Chelsea Heights) 13
Kerr, Adam (Mordialloc) 12
Fullarton, Marc (Springvale Districts) 12
Shrimpton, Thushan (St Kilda City) 11
Butterfield, Andrew (Cheltenham) 11
Pecora, Tony (St Kilda City) 10
Conroy, Paul (Cheltenham) 10

DIV 2. SENIORS
Krepp, Glen (Heatherton) 24
Williams, Brent (Heatherton) 22
Morgan, Christopher (Dingley) 21
Carroll, Dale (Ashwood) 18
Fermanis, Paul (Oakleigh Districts) 17
Maclean, Heath (Caulfield) 11
Lavars, Bret (Dingley) 11
Williamson, Adam (Murrumbeena) 10
Perry, John (Moorabbin) 10
Turcarelli, Daniel (Dingley) 0

DIV 2. RESERVES
Sikora, Adam (Dingley) 30
Regnier, Scott (Heatherton) 16
Hughes, Shannon (Dingley) 16
Morris, Arnold (Oakleigh Districts) 12
Miller, Brett (Black Rock) 11
Gill, Callen (Dingley) 11
Dennehy, Shane (Murrumbeena) 10
White, Rohan (Murrumbeena) 9
Thomas, Nathan (Ashwood) 9
Kiellerup, Dan (Oakleigh Districts) 9

DIV 3. SENIORS
Wilkin, Jarrod (Mount Waverley) 25
Walmsley, Rohan (Canterbury) 16
Jansons, Daniel (Skye) 16
Rowley, Shane (Skye) 11
Pearce, Daniel (Canterbury) 11
O'Connell, Stephen (South Yarra) 11
Moller, Hugh (Doveton Eagles) 11
Connaughton, Luke (Canterbury) 11
Cafiso, Christopher (Mount Waverley) 10
King, Gavin (Cerberus) 9

DIV 3. RESERVES
McDonald, Bart (Dandenong) 17
Lambert, Timothy (Skye) 17

Howlett, Daniel (Mount Waverley) 9
Gorman, Michael (Doveton Eagles) 8
Fernando, Nathan (Doveton Eagles) 8
Polson, Daniel (Skye) 7
Leak, Rustin (Doveton Eagles) 7
Jury, Tim (South Yarra) 7
Attwood, Jacob (Mount Waverley) 7
Wood, Jason (Canterbury) 6

COLTS
Dillon, Brendan (Hampton Colts) 22
Neophitou, Chris (Cheltenham Rosellas) 15
Semmel, Jake (Beena Lions) 13
Milikins, Brad (Mount Waverley Colts) 10
Larkins, Shane (Beena Lions)
Crossley, Hayden (Cheltenham Rosellas) 9
Bol, Luak (Beena Lions) 9
Rogers, Benjamin (Cheltenham Rosellas) 8
McMahon, Reuben (Beena Lions) 8
Jones, Jason (Cheltenham Rosellas) 8

I checked the whole vote count on the sfl site ,
good to see Marty watts gettin votes off the umpires, he got Buggger all and clearly in the best 5 of the comp

Paul o'toole - Best full back , and yet only snagged 1 or 2 votes ,

but the real outcry was Jamie Walker , gettin votes ? did he even play this year ?

Please explain Nifty and the Crew ????

good to see Marty watts gettin votes off the umpires, he got Buggger all and clearly in the best 5 of the comp

but the real outcry was Jamie Walker , gettin votes ? did he even play this year ?

i think mckenzie was a deseving winner. very good and consistent year, but how the f*ck is a sh1t truck like currie up within the votes, were rajic and szerzin not playing, and flack could not be anywhere near roberts ability, lindsay isn't up within the top 10 of the league surely, quinn would have been a deserving winner, and by my thoughts as a saints player the good thing. where the f*ck was a certain full forward down at st pauls, who dominated all year, and maybe a couple of his mates could have been a chance. toronga have no guns, neither do mordi, but a big surprise was x clayton boy wells, fine player, but surely not up to the abilities of scott and vasallo at springvale. as a previous blog stated, our umpires are terrible, and this has just proved it.

Some of the umpires choices for votes in certain rounds need a total explanation! I wouldn't read too much into a League B&F these days. Club best and fairest's are to me a lot more valued judged by the peers at your club as opposed to some loonies you have no idea!
Some of the results.....i don't know whether to laugh or cry??

Ur a sick man David! I heard about the effort on Friday nite- pure gold! Still probably not as good as the GF run though in 2007?
I suppose u have to be good a something mate....cos u cant play footy!:):)

3 votes d .akamanis one of my better nude runs can anyone else step up to the plate an do one..................or am i just to sick for you flips????????:D:D:D:D:D:D
Only worth 2 votes Jase you didn't catch the bunny.
All in all a good night although P-Dog is right some of the Umps must know very little about footy.

Glenn Krepp as league b and f winner = disgrace

The little credibility and meaningfulness that an sfl league count ever had has been lost forever. Umpires, although i understand it is difficult, should not give votes at all if the giving of them produces a despicable result like this.

And that's all i have to say about that. Eric out.

Just gone though the votes and noticed two stand out omissions from Chelt.

Andy Taranto booted 72 goals and won 4-5 games off his own boot. He got ZERO votes!

Here is his goals each game this year..... 5, 6, 6, 2, 0, 7, 7, 8, 2, 1, 7, 2, 2, 4, 6, 3.

Surely if you kick 8 (which he kicked all in the first half at Springy) you must get at least one vote??

The other was Adam Cole who also got ZERO votes. He was the best player in the comp for the second half of the year. Dominated at least 5 games yet also failed to get a single vote.

I think the umps did a pretty good job otherwise buit these two blokes got severely stiffed!

I have to agree with Superfreak in regards to Taranto.

The same ocurred in Div 3 with Ramsdale, kicking 86 goals in 16 games and didn't poll a vote.

What were the umpires thinking or maybe they were just concentrating on their umpiring decisions. ha ha ha ha :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Not taking anything away from Wilkins clearly the best player in Div 3.:thumbsu:

A bit tough on walks tied 68th they must of got him mixed up with danny jansons.Well done to Tim Lambert on winning the twos and Danny Walker for runners up in the seniors,sorry i mean Janson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T. Lambert ok but plenty more deserved it, dont know who was doing the votes.:eek:
Well why dont you find out and let us all know who gave the votes.
Could you please tell us which other players deserved to win.
i can only think of two other players ( lethal and swooper).

kaine bundy from doveton. grant wyett from doveton. both midfielders/half backs, played in top team and had massive contributions all year!! i'm sure theirs others from mount and yarra also!!

kaine bundy from doveton. grant wyett from doveton. both midfielders/half backs, played in top team and had massive contributions all year!! i'm sure theirs others from mount and yarra also!!

my post was only about SKYE players .

Actually imo there should not be a best and fairest award after all it is a team game.

Just gone though the votes and noticed two stand out omissions from Chelt.

Andy Taranto booted 72 goals and won 4-5 games off his own boot. He got ZERO votes!

Here is his goals each game this year..... 5, 6, 6, 2, 0, 7, 7, 8, 2, 1, 7, 2, 2, 4, 6, 3.

Surely if you kick 8 (which he kicked all in the first half at Springy) you must get at least one vote??

The other was Adam Cole who also got ZERO votes. He was the best player in the comp for the second half of the year. Dominated at least 5 games yet also failed to get a single vote.

I think the umps did a pretty good job otherwise buit these two blokes got severely stiffed!

Thats because Taranto is a mercenary. He plays for $$$$$ not votes

Example Rd 8 & 13 T.Lambert 3 votes both games yet wasnt named in skye's top 6 yet you where playing great opposition in cerberus and dandenong. Swooper gets the chocolates IMO:p

Example Rd 8 & 13 T.Lambert 3 votes both games yet wasnt named in skye's top 6 yet you where playing great opposition in cerberus and dandenong. Swooper gets the chocolates IMO:p

So who voted for him ?
Is it his fault he got the three votes?
imo it should be up to players to vote
As he wasnt named in skye best means nothing.

People who do votes for clubs are the worst judges of best on ground .
(not the players on the day)
You still have not said who else deserved to win from skye?

Maybe you go ask there coach if he deserved to win .
Have a nice trip away MATE.

Funny results with league B&F..

Considering the guy that won our club B&F by almost triple the guy in 3rd place & didn't get 1 vote for the league award??

I can recall speaking to an ump after an early game (where the above mentioned played was clearly BOG.. got 3x 3 votes in club B&F) & he asked me who I thought was best player for the day.. I mentioned his name & number and he replied "really I didn't notice him much" at a guess I think he would of had close to 40 touches 2 goals & maybe 10+ marks.

think they should try & get the 2 coaches involved with the voting somehow, maybe a combined set from the 2 coaches & an ump's set??

So who voted for him ?
Is it his fault he got the three votes?
imo it should be up to players to vote
As he wasnt named in skye best means nothing.

People who do votes for clubs are the worst judges of best on ground .
(not the players on the day)
You still have not said who else deserved to win from skye?

Maybe you go ask there coach if he deserved to win .
Have a nice trip away MATE.

I would have about 2 or 3 hard nosed onballers from skye before Lambert, but really Wood from canterbury, Jury from south or a couple of boys from mount or doveton derserved it alot more and actually performed in the big games throughout the season. I will have a great footy trip at least i will have something to celebrate;)

Funny results with league B&F..

Considering the guy that won our club B&F by almost triple the guy in 3rd place & didn't get 1 vote for the league award??

I can recall speaking to an ump after an early game (where the above mentioned played was clearly BOG.. got 3x 3 votes in club B&F) & he asked me who I thought was best player for the day.. I mentioned his name & number and he replied "really I didn't notice him much" at a guess I think he would of had close to 40 touches 2 goals & maybe 10+ marks.

think they should try & get the 2 coaches involved with the voting somehow, maybe a combined set from the 2 coaches & an ump's set??
Totally agree some of the votes that were awarded in the Heatherton games were to be honest totally pathetic.Our B+F winner got 0 votes and our best onballer T.Sauer got 4,quiet unbelievable considering we won 16 out of 18.Would definately back the coaches and umpires getting together after a game and all doing votes.The only downfall is some clubs have playing coaches so that may not work either?

As enjoyable and productive as umpire bashing is, I'm going to stick up for them here.

Every year there are surprising results in these things. That's the whole point, it's a subjective exercise. I would say there are a few clubs around each year who would have surprise winners as well (I'm sure we could all think of examples of club officials who have even less idea than the umps). Look at the AFL where Adam Goodes nearly won the thing and didn't feature in his club's top 10.

I agree the system is not fool proof but it's always been the same and it's a cheap shot at the SFL umps and/or the league to suggest this is the only place it happens.

As enjoyable and productive as umpire bashing is, I'm going to stick up for them here.

Every year there are surprising results in these things. That's the whole point, it's a subjective exercise. I would say there are a few clubs around each year who would have surprise winners as well (I'm sure we could all think of examples of club officials who have even less idea than the umps). Look at the AFL where Adam Goodes nearly won the thing and didn't feature in his club's top 10.

I agree the system is not fool proof but it's always been the same and it's a cheap shot at the SFL umps and/or the league to suggest this is the only place it happens.

Not umpire bashing there Pies, just trying to think of ways to improve the system.. I don't think you can compare to AFL as they have other awards that are voted on by coaches/media etc. & usually fairly close to the mark. Hence no player outside the top 4-5 has won since stinking bloody Libba 15+ years ago!
As for club members giving votes, they are usually hand picked by the coach/committee as to people they regard with half a clue, so I would think most club B&F awards are an good guide on the season. In fact I cant think of a club B&F that didn't desrve it in 15 seasons of senior footy.

Yeah Sparky, I don't know the answer but there has to be a different manor adopted, as the current version seems to be a fair way off the mark, & not for the first time this year either..
Maybe similar to some media awards where the coach gives a top 3 list of the opposition side & the votes are then finalised by the umps?

Remove this Banner Ad

S.F.L. B+F results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back