Official Match Thread S24 Second Elimination Final: Baghdad Bombers vs Fighting Furies at Adbu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers vs Furies.PNG

Sweet FA finals always deliver, and this match is no exception, serving us up a Grand Final rematch to feast upon that is sure to entertain all.

Never has a match been more of a tale of two captains. On one side, we have the much maligned Harolad desperate to prove to himself and the league that he is a good captain once again. Nobody could have predicted a Bombers grand final last season, and Harolad is desperate to shake off the numerous controversies his squad of mouth breathers bring with them and snag a second grand final in a row to seal his legacy as one of the biggest names the Sweet FA has ever seen.

Then we have Sterge. The Furies captain has been there, seen it all and is ready to hang up his boots, but we all know his team will want to send the league favourite out a winner. There is one last ride left in the Furies legend and I expect him to come out firing and try to take his team all the way. Some might think it impossible, but tigers fans will know more than anyone that miracles are possible.

The Road to Finals

The Furies had a characteristically solid season, whilst perhaps not reaching the heights of last season. Wacky Tiger continued to prove to be one of the most consistent Qooty players in the history of the game, notching up a respectable goal tally to snag a top 5 finish in the Fred Medal Race. Sterge again opted for lesser positions throughout the season, opening up high scoring qooty positions for a few prominent furies posters who all had fantastic seasons.

Sterge stepping aside will not cause too many ripples to the furies strong culture, with Naturaldisaster and Footy Fumbler stepping up to another level all season. This reporter expects more of the same going forward, very impressive!

The bombers on the other hand have faced controversy after controversy all season. A mix of arrogance from a grand final win and a deep-seated siege mentality marred the bombers all season, culminating in a historic disrepute charge that will forever the Bombers name.

The Bombers have had a solid season on field however, and will be hoping their off field actions will not be commensurate with their on field results.

Form Guide

Baghdad Bombers

6th Position

LDWWW

Fighting Furies FC

7th Position

LLWLL

In terms of pure form you cannot go past the Bombers who are coming off a 3 game winning streak heading into this match. The furies are reeling, having lost 4 of their last 5 and will be looking for a reversal of fortunes to aid their chase for another historic flag.

Sliding Doors

IF We ever expected an emotional response from the furies… THEN it’d be in response to the impending retirement of their beloved captain. Expect them to desperately put off saying goodbye for as long as possible with a win here.

Players to watch:

Sterge: Does it need to be said at this point? A club legend and league favourite, Sterge will be holding back the tears if it looks like it might be his last game. Expect another inspirational performance from the league’s resident nice guy.

This Is Anfield: Has been crushing the opposition both off and on field with newfound bite. Expect another big performance from this furies veteran.

HaroLad: Harolad is built for the big time. Expect another huge response from the Bombers captain. With him on the field the bombers will always be a chance.

TheCoach16: $270 an hour isn’t cheap and the Bombers will be hoping their investment pays off come the big day.

Thoughts from the Captains

I reached out to the captains to get their thoughts on the season, upcoming game and the opposition and got the following responses.

Thoughts from Harolad

BRAB: Thoughts on having to play the furies for a second week in a row?

Harolad: I am livid, the Furies were ******* dogshit last week. Two weeks in a row is actual torture.

BRAB: Can your club go back to back?

Harolad: The numbers say we have a 6.25%, but we all know you’ve already decided who wins it in the chat so I say no.

BRAB: Can you club avoid another disrepute charge?

Harolad: I hope not, funnest (sic) week of my career

BRAB: Thoughts on the possibility of ending Sterge's Career?

Harolad: It’s a F A N T A S Y league goy, don’t take it so seriously. If Sterge wants to join the Bombers next season to spend a while under my tutelage I’d be happy to oblige.

BRAB: Who will be your best on ground?

Harolad: PhenomenalV1 to kick eight.

I then sat down with the Furies Leadership Group

BRAB: Thoughts on making the finals again?

Cayz: Another season, another finals series. It seems pretty typical for us to be playing in finals and hopefully this time round we can be successful. #firsttosix

BRAB: Can your club go all the way?

Cayz: I think our 5 premiership cups say that we can, plus we need to go out with a bang for Sterge.

BRAB: Thoughts on having to play the bombers again?

Cayz: Hey, I get to give KohPhi another touch up, I always love playing the bombers. Once you zone out a few people it's a pretty good time. Besides I think Grockadoc has something special up his sleeve for this week.

BRAB: This could be sterge's last game. Thoughts on his contribution to the league?

Cayz: Sterge joined in the same season that I did and it will be strange to continue on without him. He made a great Co-captain in s23 and continued on in good form for s24. Multiple All sweet FA, EKA medallist his Qooty resume is a long one and I'm sure we'll see him back at some point.

BRAB: Any final thoughts before kickoff?

Cayz: **** you HaroLad.

Final Thoughts

The Sweet FA is built for games like this and anyone expecting anything other than a massive performance from both teams hasn’t been paying attention. The furies won’t even consider last weeks result as relevant, this game is huge for them, and I expect them to keep Sterge’s farewell tour rolling on, all the way to Blaxland.

Furies by 28

PLEASE HAVE YOUR TEAM SHEETS IN BY THE LEAGUE MANDATED TIME.

I personally believe that Fighting Furies are unable to do so because, uh, some, people out there in our league don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, Gold City and, uh, the East Side, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the Fighting Furies should help the Furies, uh, or, uh, should help Gold City and should help the East Side and the SFA teams, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

I personally believe that Fighting Furies are unable to do so because, uh, some, people out there in our league don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, Gold City and, uh, the East Side, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the Fighting Furies should help the Furies, uh, or, uh, should help Gold City and should help the East Side and the SFA teams, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

Well said.

Spoken like a true Australian political leader.

Where is this match being played ... Dragon Island, as per:
438154_ae64f5d47de549e2aaf41662ab85de96.PNG

OR

Official Match Thread Second Elimination Final: Baghdad Bombers vs Fighting Furies at Adbu Prison
Discussion in 'The Sweet F.A. (SFA) - Fantasy Footy League' started by BRAB, Today at 1:05 AM.

(The choice of venue will affect my choice of eye makeup.)

Good write up BRAB . Serious.

If you put as much effort in like that rather than being a full blown campaigner you might gain some respect.

Go Bombers.

View attachment 438738

Sweet FA finals always deliver, and this match is no exception, serving us up a Grand Final rematch to feast upon that is sure to entertain all.

Never has a match been more of a tale of two captains. On one side, we have the much maligned Harolad desperate to prove to himself and the league that he is a good captain once again. Nobody could have predicted a Bombers grand final last season, and Harolad is desperate to shake off the numerous controversies his squad of mouth breathers bring with them and snag a second grand final in a row to seal his legacy as one of the biggest names the Sweet FA has ever seen.

Then we have Sterge. The Furies captain has been there, seen it all and is ready to hang up his boots, but we all know his team will want to send the league favourite out a winner. There is one last ride left in the Furies legend and I expect him to come out firing and try to take his team all the way. Some might think it impossible, but tigers fans will know more than anyone that miracles are possible.

The Road to Finals

The Furies had a characteristically solid season, whilst perhaps not reaching the heights of last season. Wacky Tiger continued to prove to be one of the most consistent Qooty players in the history of the game, notching up a respectable goal tally to snag a top 5 finish in the Fred Medal Race. Sterge again opted for lesser positions throughout the season, opening up high scoring qooty positions for a few prominent furies posters who all had fantastic seasons.

Sterge stepping aside will not cause too many ripples to the furies strong culture, with Naturaldisaster and Footy Fumbler stepping up to another level all season. This reporter expects more of the same going forward, very impressive!

The bombers on the other hand have faced controversy after controversy all season. A mix of arrogance from a grand final win and a deep-seated siege mentality marred the bombers all season, culminating in a historic disrepute charge that will forever the Bombers name.

The Bombers have had a solid season on field however, and will be hoping their off field actions will not be commensurate with their on field results.

Form Guide

Baghdad Bombers

6th Position

LDWWW

Fighting Furies FC

7th Position

LLWLL

In terms of pure form you cannot go past the Bombers who are coming off a 3 game winning streak heading into this match. The furies are reeling, having lost 4 of their last 5 and will be looking for a reversal of fortunes to aid their chase for another historic flag.

Sliding Doors

IF We ever expected an emotional response from the furies… THEN it’d be in response to the impending retirement of their beloved captain. Expect them to desperately put off saying goodbye for as long as possible with a win here.

Players to watch:

Sterge: Does it need to be said at this point? A club legend and league favourite, Sterge will be holding back the tears if it looks like it might be his last game. Expect another inspirational performance from the league’s resident nice guy.

This Is Anfield: Has been crushing the opposition both off and on field with newfound bite. Expect another big performance from this furies veteran.

HaroLad: Harolad is built for the big time. Expect another huge response from the Bombers captain. With him on the field the bombers will always be a chance.

TheCoach16: $270 an hour isn’t cheap and the Bombers will be hoping their investment pays off come the big day.

Thoughts from the Captains

I reached out to the captains to get their thoughts on the season, upcoming game and the opposition and got the following responses.

Thoughts from Harolad

BRAB: Thoughts on having to play the furies for a second week in a row?

Harolad: I am livid, the Furies were ******* dogshit last week. Two weeks in a row is actual torture.

BRAB: Can your club go back to back?

Harolad: The numbers say we have a 6.25%, but we all know you’ve already decided who wins it in the chat so I say no.

BRAB: Can you club avoid another disrepute charge?

Harolad: I hope not, funnest (sic) week of my career

BRAB: Thoughts on the possibility of ending Sterge's Career?

Harolad: It’s a F A N T A S Y league goy, don’t take it so seriously. If Sterge wants to join the Bombers next season to spend a while under my tutelage I’d be happy to oblige.

BRAB: Who will be your best on ground?

Harolad: PhenomenalV1 to kick eight.

I then sat down with the Furies Leadership Group

BRAB: Thoughts on making the finals again?

Cayz: Another season, another finals series. It seems pretty typical for us to be playing in finals and hopefully this time round we can be successful. #firsttosix

BRAB: Can your club go all the way?

Cayz: I think our 5 premiership cups say that we can, plus we need to go out with a bang for Sterge.

BRAB: Thoughts on having to play the bombers again?

Cayz: Hey, I get to give KohPhi another touch up, I always love playing the bombers. Once you zone out a few people it's a pretty good time. Besides I think Grockadoc has something special up his sleeve for this week.

BRAB: This could be sterge's last game. Thoughts on his contribution to the league?

Cayz: Sterge joined in the same season that I did and it will be strange to continue on without him. He made a great Co-captain in s23 and continued on in good form for s24. Multiple All sweet FA, EKA medallist his Qooty resume is a long one and I'm sure we'll see him back at some point.

BRAB: Any final thoughts before kickoff?

Cayz: **** you HaroLad.

Final Thoughts

The Sweet FA is built for games like this and anyone expecting anything other than a massive performance from both teams hasn’t been paying attention. The furies won’t even consider last weeks result as relevant, this game is huge for them, and I expect them to keep Sterge’s farewell tour rolling on, all the way to Blaxland.

Furies by 28

PLEASE HAVE YOUR TEAM SHEETS IN BY THE LEAGUE MANDATED TIME.
This is actually quite a decent write up. See what happens when you use your campaignerish powers for good instead of evil, BRAB...

The boys and girls at the Furies have had their fun for 2017. It was undeserved, it devalued the game I love, and has left me a broken man.

So, even though I have great respect and admiration for their big man Sterge, I will have no hesitation in doing what is required to ensure this is his farewell game.

Bombers by plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the question was,

“recent polls have shown, a fifth of SFA players can’t locate Australia on a world map. Why do you think this is?”

Bombres, Bombres, Bombres!
Remember when Norf tanked the last game against Richmond and then won the Elimination Final?
Well, welcome to our nightmare as we are going to end your title defence... rather easily, in fact.

You mean like Richmond in the 2017 AFL finals series? It will be a walk in the park.

Bombres, Bombres, Bombres!
Remember when Norf tanked the last game against Richmond and then won the Elimination Final?
Well, welcome to our nightmare as we are going to end your title defence... rather easily, in fact.
Furies, Furies, Furies!
Remember when WE ALWAYS BEAT YOU...

I believe the question was,

“recent polls have shown, a fifth of SFA players can’t locate Australia on a world map. Why do you think this is?”
I told y'all n!qq@s this man is gonna be the leading scorer of the SFA soon and he will win an mobbs!!!! He's gonna be better then pantskyle so stop comparing him to pants!!!! Mark my words!! All you sleeping on him are ******* ******s he's the best player for his draft class **** Elton Johns Wig and nahnah and anyone else!!!! TheCoach16 soon to take over the league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back