Sack Dean Laidley.

Remove this Banner Ad

On the flip side, if a few more guys had shown the heart and desperation Dean used to in the last quarter, we might have gotten over the line.

IF ALL YOU SO CALLED SUPPORTERS,

HAD A BRAIN YOU WOULD REALISE.

DAVID HALE WAS NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE BOTH STREET AND DARCY.

LAIDLEY LOST US THIS GAME.

PORTER SHOULD HAVE PLAYED.

Maybe a bit early but the warning bells are ringing.
He is the poorest paid coach in AFL and you know what they say - if you pay peanuts......................
I am just worried about his inability to fire the side at three qurter time - today he looked like a dad at auskick casually chatting away.

Originally posted by gokangas
I am just worried about his inability to fire the side at three qurter time - today he looked like a dad at auskick casually chatting away.

These guys are professionally paidd footballers. We were up by five goals at three quarter time, they should know what to do anyway to win the game. Don't blame Laidley.

When do the players take some responsibility for giving up a 30+ point lead. It shouldnt matter who the coach is, the players should be able to show enough nous, and heart to hold onto a lead like that.

I will however say what I have said before, we are a developing team and we will suffer losses like this. The time is right for supporters to show some heart and not go feral after every bad loss. Support the club, and support the team. By all means question aspects of the game, the coach or the players but going off the way we seem to go off after every loss does absolutely nothing for the club.

Sack Laidley??? What a load of crap. Bad loss, three bad losses. I'm gutted too. But talk like this is stupid.

My frustrations are:

.McKernan - for **** sake, get rid of him. He has done nothing in 6 games. Nothing. Bring in Rocca and Porter or if you have to play him put him in the back line.

.Wells is having a shocking second year, made a really bad choice in the last quarter, cost us a goal...

.Harris - so much talk on this board about Harris in for Stevens, you people must be kidding!!?? He ain't there yet, no way.

.Petrie - get McKernan out of his way.

.Harvey - I reckon it's O.P. but still understand why he's being played

Archer - GET HIM FIT AND BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.Have I mentioned McKernan?????

Hold your heads up: Simpson, Grant, Hale, Firrito

and lay off Laidley and this ridiculous talk of sacking him

Changes since last year

I have not seen the game against footscray yet but the talk in a number of threads seems to suggest that we are getting done with tactical chances.

whilst initially it appeared that brian royal was having a big impact on the team, perhaps what we are overlooking is the contribution last year or "brainstrust" pyman. maybe the footy smarts around dean offering suggestions this year are not as good as they were last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list in the bottom 8 of the competition is the problem, not the Coach. Our list is not strong enough at the moment because we have a lot of young guys mixed with a guys who are in their last year(s).

Watching replays of us in the mid 1980's, we are in the same boat. A number of premiership players mixed with a lot of inexperience. It was a frustrating period, and we are in the midst of it now. We got there in the end though, by 1990 we had kids called Carey, Longmire, Schwass, Stevens and Rock on the scene.

Sacking Laidley would be to deny the real issues.

Gaso

Originally posted by moomba
When do the players take some responsibility for giving up a 30+ point lead. It shouldnt matter who the coach is, the players should be able to show enough nous, and heart to hold onto a lead like that.

I will however say what I have said before, we are a developing team and we will suffer losses like this. The time is right for supporters to show some heart and not go feral after every bad loss. Support the club, and support the team. By all means question aspects of the game, the coach or the players but going off the way we seem to go off after every loss does absolutely nothing for the club.

Agree 100%. While days like today are frustrating it’s the bigger picture that matters. This where we are tested as supporters, while I hate losing we need realistic, the team needs development. We will be patchy, we’ll be smashed a few times, we’ll lose a few close one, but as long as the next generation of players learn and improve we are headed forward.

Super coach after three wins....super dud after three losses :rolleyes:

I've been impressed with Laidleys coaching myself, and think he is going about rebuilding the side the right way. He's still a young coach, so he's bound to make a few blues....but he didn't cost us the game today, or any games while he's been here. The blame lies at the feet of the players.

I just hope he sticks to playing the young guys when they're ready, and building for the future. My only fear is that he might react to a few losses by dropping some of the younger players, and going back to the old hands, which might bring some shorter term wins....but would be a backward step for the development of the team. But I think he's handled things well so far.

Originally posted by moomba
It shouldnt matter who the coach is...etc etc

OK cool! I'll coach next week then, and my first change is to make the boys all play in royal blue G-Strings instead of shorts. Maybe we can form a samba line after the game when we sing the song.

Originally posted by gokangas
Anyone getting any chatter from inside?

Only when I forget to take my medication......Otherwise I'm fine.

Its funny how some are holding the coach responsible.

THE GUYS DIDNT PERFORM FOR 4Q.

I bet no one would have been calling for his arse at 1/2 time.

Doesnt matter who coaches....all ways someone wanting to shoot the coach.

No one liked pagan cause he didnt give the kids a go and the team had to many RDO performances and he didnt change to suit our playing list.

Now we have new coach, plays kids and get half a game from the team, adapts and people want to shoot him too.

Lets face it, the coach is only good in some peoples eyes when he is filling the trophy cabinet and winning 28 games a year!

I think strategically Laidley is quite avergae.

He doesn't seem to make any major changes when things aren't going right. The forward line stayed the same pretty much the entire day, even though it wasn't working.

I think he is a great week day coach, but I am concerned about his weekend ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sack Dean Laidley.