Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 67 63.2%
  • monday

Votes: 39 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You're melting down over 4 games.
It's not just 4 games. It's 4 GFs; 3 were thrashings and 2 losses were from teams outside the top 4 when we finished on top. I wouldn't say his coaching career is a failure, but I feel some are underrating the significant damage this GF record does to his reputation. He wins 3 or 4 of those and he is lauded as one of the greatest coaches of all time. One of the GREATEST. Let that sink in. However, unfortunately he's lost the past 4 GFs and now people are justifiably calling for his head.

Which part is rubbish? It's 4 poor performances in 14 years. Sure, 3 of them were horrific and inexcusable on the day but to extrapolate them out to fundamental issues with the coaching which has otherwise seen us set the benchmark, win finals and minor premierships for much of the past decade is nonsense.

Just his year Horse coached the team who set the competition on fire for 3 months, extracted one of the best individual seasons from a player you'll ever see, gave us some exhilarating moments like the Geelong and GWS comebacks, and won 2 finals including overturning a 112 demolition against the #2 side in the comp. I had a pretty bloody good time supporting that side this year.

If you think that what he and the club has achieved outside of flags is "meaningless" because a whole 7 teams have won flags since we did, then why follow the club just tune in on grand final day to determine whether the year has been a success or not.
Because unfortunately what you are missing is it all means absolutely nothing unless u win a flag and that’s just fact
No one will look back and say god they had a good year they’ll look back and say god swans got there scored doubled on the big stage must of been way off it ..
All your points simply make the facts that’s is on horse even stronger
Cause we had a good year all the cattle u could ask for all the form all everything but a game plan that stack up when it matters when’s the chips r down and the heat is our team they don’t give a yelp ..and to add that’s 4 times outta 5 now so yeah talk em up for achieving absolute nothing more than a good ride from round 1 to the last day in September ..but she’s all for **** all

Because unfortunately what you are missing is it all means absolutely nothing unless u win a flag and that’s just fact
No one will look back and say god they had a good year they’ll look back and say god swans got there scored doubled on the big stage must of been way off it ..
All your points simply make the facts that’s is on horse even stronger
Cause we had a good year all the cattle u could ask for all the form all everything but a game plan that stack up when it matters when’s the chips r down and the heat is our team don’t give a yelp and to add that’s 4 times outta 5 now so yeah talk em up for achieving absolute nothing more than a good ride from round 1 to the last day in September but she’s all for **** all
I agree, all I remember and all anyone remembers from 2022 is we got absolutely embarrassed in the GF!!!

I agree, all I remember and all anyone remembers from 2022 is we got absolutely embarrassed in the GF!!!
Yep that’s reality
If we won Saturday heeneys year and finals campaign would b remembered as one of the best ever but all he’s been talked about now is another complete flop when it matters..
Now I’m not saying it’s not harsh but that’s the reality of it …I think Heeney is a machine best there is and to me he’s got what it takes but he and the team need a new direction new voice new plan it’s simply not working as it is that proof is there for all to see ..
Just got make change

I wonder if The King! had a premonition when he started this (supposedly ironic) thread.

It has certainly become a legitimate topic.
The King! when he made this thread.
Tonight Show What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Maybe Horse has the same mental demons as the players, which is why he was doing nothing during the game to counter the most obvious game plan that everyone on here knew was coming.

I wonder if The King! had a premonition when he started this (supposedly ironic) thread.

It has certainly become a legitimate topic.

Some of us identified his deficiencies years ago and have been calling for his removal for a long time

Those of us who did were shouted down by the majority, but we were proven correct

He made it during the Port Debacle and we sorta used it as some sort of good omen because we won every game since then until the nightmare on Saturday.

Now the thread is completely valid.

And that’s the reality of it with Horse. No one will remember the year or the performances from Heeney. History will remember this year as us getting thrashed yet again in the most important game of the year and Horse falling to 1-4 in grand finals with an average losing margin of 56.5 points.

It’s harsh but that is the reality of it. No one will remember us finishing first in the home and away season winning that useless shield thing they give.

This is not the Premier League.

Thank you for your kind words. With all due respect, 2 grand final losses 22 years apart with two premiership on either side of 1998 is much easier to swallow than shitting the bed in 2014, 2016, 2022 and 2024.
Shitting the bed is what we did in '98. You didn't shit the bed in 2016. Franklin was on one leg and could barely walk amongst others. They were just right time and right scenario. Their performances since have proved that.

We are also fans who hurt like all of you. But we can't go keyboard bashing flog posters like I'd like to - instead we need to do our jobs & try to remain as fair as possible.
That does sound like it would be entertaining though. If a mod is ever ready to pull the pin, it sounds like a glorious way to go out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shitting the bed is what we did in '98. You didn't shit the bed in 2016. Franklin was on one leg and could barely walk amongst others. They were just right time and right scenario. Their performances since have proved that.
The finals system was ****ed pre-2000 from memory. Was easier from outside the top 4 to win it

Some of us identified his deficiencies years ago and have been calling for his removal for a long time

Those of us who did were shouted down by the majority, but we were proven correct
I've been saying it since 2016 that he'll never win us a GF again, I was ready to eat my words and be proven wrong, but as usual, I was right. And it's nice seeing others finally agree to us

Keane was a brilliant player but not a very good manager. I think he's just built differently
Agreed. That's the thing, you can't take Keane's perspective on that because he's talking from the perspective of someone who has that internal drive and didn't need a driver from outside himself.

But it's the manager's job to understand who has those internal drivers, who needs those drivers reinforced, and those that can't be helped.

I've said it before. But we have too few players who have the drive required to win a premiership. It comes down to the types of players we recruit and the behaviours we reinforce as a club.

Not enough focus placed on players who may not necessarily have the greatest physical attributes, but mentally will themselves to win at all costs.

Last edited:
Makes too many excuses these days. Youth,
games hard to win, workrate down, at a loss to explain, not about me, shifts it away from
him basically.

To be fair he doesn't then try to take credit for all the good either but still

Half way through the 2nd qtr it was only 10 points... We'd had a quater and a half to identify some issues.

Zone CLEARLY was an issue... MisterB & I were yelling about it half way through the first quarter... yet we didn't man up at any point. No change. Just stubbornly sticking to plan A.

And that right there is one of the most damning aspects of Horse & our coaching panel & why we need change.

Selecting injured players & seemingly no in-game strategy adjustments. They, like the players, seem to get over awed & unable to adapt when things don't work. They rely on the straight line power of the Ferrari even when the surface has changed composition...

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back