Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • monday

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With all of the recent talk about Cox, and our "next coach", I wonder if there is a possibility that maybe some players have somehow mentally 'moved on' from Horse being the coach?

We need to hit the targets. When you miss one, it's like kicking for goal, it just snowballs into something bigger than it actually should be.

The fact is it all starts & finishes with pressure. That's the current AFL game right there. The team that applies the most pressure for longer will more often than not win or at least be in the game.
We were snuffed out in the first 5 minutes & then the negative demons hit their minds. Clearly obvious.

To find out how good your coaching group is starts now.
Port have found out after booing Ken 6 weeks ago.

We sit on top of the ladder. We just need to win 2 more games to stay there.
Pies at home, Bombers at Marvel & Crows at home, then a week to rest & gel as team mates/friends/brothers!
Top to bottom. Remove all negativity. Encourage certain players to find form in the reserves. That's what it's for. Mills can be a big player in this. Put his hand up & say guys, I need a few weeks in the twos to get my rhythm & confidence in my body back. It's arrogant for the coaches to think he could do it in the seniors. It's disrespecting the competition.

We are not out of the finals. Not even close. We had a very bad loss but are still on top.
The club psychologists now need to earn the $$$$$$. Overrated & waste of time & money otherwise.

Too much talk at our club. All the coaches need to work overtime. Give up more of their free time to show they care.
The players need guidance as they have clearly lost confidence play by play over the last 6 or so weeks.

Build list integrity. Nothing wrong with giving Ladhams a game last night. He just replaced the wrong player.
Grundy should have been rested last night. We were battling to win that game anyway. 3 ruckmen played last night.

Put the heat on selectors. Force players to find form in the twos.
Anyone who thinks Parker starting would have been the answer to all things is wrong.
He is very much a long way off his best. Gives great effort but the game is now a fast one. Too fast for him.

This is his last season. Warner brothers off to WA to get some high end draft picks.
Piss off the Academy & take Victorian players until they want to leave. Get top picks for them when still in contract. Create a strong base of leaders other than favourite Academy pin up boys.

Time to stand up as a club with some nasty push back at press conferences from our coaches.
We have been too nice for too long starting way back when we lost our ColA for following the AFL rules.

Too nice when Heeney was rubbed out & forced him to make a clip thanking everyone.
What an embarrassment.
I can't stand Chris Scott, Clarko or Hardwick but they pull no punches at pressers with reporters.
We are too friendly & nice & sweet.
Piss off already Swans
Rant over.
Go Swans. Still in it

Very balanced šŸ˜‚

I agree with a lot of it though. Time for some difficult talks within the club this week.
Problem is, I have no trust that these talks will happen. We all thought there would be serious talks after our run of bad first quarters, and yet nothing changed, in fact it got worst. Then we all thought after last week there would be serious talks about pressure and skills, and instead we got worse.

This is standard Horse over his whole career, never a second plan, and when things go wrong, minimal effort is made to fix it (except putting Reid in.

I'll say it again, I have zero trust in the club. We've taken one of the strongest starts to a season I've even seen and turned it into a disaster and nothing indicates we will fix it.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I have no trust in the club to do that.

bizarrely enough where last night I was agreeing with this because of my disappointment and frustration, my wasted trip to Adelaide and my utter embarrassment at watching our afl academy team be asked to play against an afl team, Iā€™m genuinely coming around to it today.

I think he has to go at the end of the season if the results of the last few weeks are matched going forwards. The failures over the past 8 weeks on team selection (Parker plays reserves mills doesnā€™t was so favourites, the dropping of Campbell because the problem has been our small outside players and not the utterly uncompetitive key midfielders and the definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing) and the inability to arrest a slide with the result that the ball is just an endless series of shots on goal by our opponents is enough to make me conclude that heā€™s done.

Hes got six weeks here. I said after last week that I canā€™t see where the next win comes from. The next three matches are all against flaky flawed teams. Our true Achilles heel of really good tall forwards donā€™t really exist against these teams. But if he loses the next three he should be paid out.

If we lose our next 3-5 games with similar performances, he should definitely go.

Along with a few of the players.

Problem is, I have no trust that these talks will happen. We all thought there would be serious talks after our run of bad first quarters, and yet nothing changed, in fact it got worst. Then we all thought after last week there would be serious talks about pressure and skills, and instead we got worse.

This is standard Horse over his whole career, never a second plan, and when things go wrong, minimal effort is made to fix it (except putting Reid in.

I'll say it again, I have zero trust in the club. We've taken one of the strongest starts to a season I've even seen and turned it into a disaster and nothing indicates we will fix it.

I don't know what to tell you other than I don't think you're the only one who doesn't have a lot of trust in the club right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually disagree we donā€™t have a plan B. But recently we havenā€™t been able to execute that either.

Last edited:
Our problem has always been the lack of fresh ideas and talent in the coaching box. Stop paying Horse over a million dollars and get some decent assistant coaches in from other clubs with fresh ideas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back