Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • monday

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Get rid of him can't sack the entire playing list but this guy has lost them
Nonsense. There was something very wrong yesterday with Sydney, the are not that woeful .

Whether that's John Longmire or some virus/illness or loss of a player or two or whatever, you don't lose players perception of what is competitive in football from a brilliant start of the year.

Longmire has won a flag had them at the top for a long time including grand finalists too.

They were clear on the ladder, maybe he was trying things out, to be sure, who knows but calling for sacking is a BF nonsense call.
They are still a game clear. 3 weeks to go, and Port had a day out, Hinkley is a smart kookie and he has persevered and they are flying at the moment.

But at this level, flying, can become crashing as Ports ups and downs have been around this season.

When ever clubs at AFL level have giant losses, they are never true signs of what is going on no team is beyond a thrashing!!!!.
Even bottom sides can turn on a day out. I'd suggest that Longmire's success deserves more than a bad day out,
So "SACK HIM" WHAT?????????????
You Swans have had a very good run over the years, plenty of finals and always right up in the top eight,
Longmire has raised Sydney into about 4 grand finals, won one, his record is there to be seen.

If anything those who didn't perform and let their club down , well they maybe need to apologize to ther coach and members and fans.

Nonsense. There was something very wrong yesterday with Sydney, the are not that woeful .

Whether that's John Longmire or some virus/illness or loss of a player or two or whatever, you don't lose players perception of what is competitive in football from a brilliant start of the year.

Longmire has won a flag had them at the top for a long time including grand finalists too.

They were clear on the ladder, maybe he was trying things out, to be sure, who knows but calling for sacking is a BF nonsense call.
They are still a game clear. 3 weeks to go, and Port had a day out, Hinkley is a smart kookie and he has persevered and they are flying at the moment.

But at this level, flying, can become crashing as Ports ups and downs have been around this season.

When ever clubs at AFL level have giant losses, they are never true signs of what is going on no team is beyond a thrashing!!!!.
Even bottom sides can turn on a day out. I'd suggest that Longmire's success deserves more than a bad day out,
So "SACK HIM" WHAT?????????????
You Swans have had a very good run over the years, plenty of finals and always right up in the top eight,
Longmire has raised Sydney into about 4 grand finals, won one, his record is there to be seen.

If anything those who didn't perform and let their club down , well they maybe need to apologize to ther coach and members and fans.

Longmire won a flag in his second year with a list he got.

He has had numerous embarrassing losses in finals , started a year 0-6 and now is taking a top side to probably 7th and out.

He has 14 years and he no idea how to get them to start well, no idea what's wrong or how to fix it

Why persist ?

If he can't even win a final this year he is a waste of space ,
I will come back and eat humble pie but he isn't coaching a flag ever again

I haven’t been on this bandwagon but am today. I think his one plan trust the players find a way shit is done. This has been weeks and weeks of starting like rubbish and spending matches trying to come back. And if he can’t fix it then he needs to be fixed
No, wrong! Those with responsibility to react to what responsibility they are given, they are the problem!

Sydney have proven what they have and are, and coach sacking is a absolute nonsense when a team plays so damned ineffectively, everyone loses form!

To be made to look like second rate fools. No blaming the coach, look at my club, worthless un-trying and weak, as you know, what first started this season looked like a pack of kids lost.

So now they're on the other end of street with 11 wins, but it means nothing and they are probably not ready for Finals yet. So its no different you don't Sack Sam for 5 rotten weeks, nor is it smart to sack a coach, now.

But as per usual, its fans on footy sites that want blood, go try it yourselves.
Sydney are not that bad. They'll look at it. So will the Magpies going to sleep in the last quarter, lucky for Pendlebury Pies actually fought out a win.

No, wrong! Those with responsibility to react to what responsibility they are given, they are the problem!

Sydney have proven what they have and are, and coach sacking is a absolute nonsense when a team plays so damned ineffectively, everyone loses form!

To be made to look like second rate fools. No blaming the coach, look at my club, worthless un-trying and weak, as you know, what first started this season looked like a pack of kids lost.

So now they're on the other end of street with 11 wins, but it means nothing and they are probably not ready for Finals yet. So its no different you don't Sack Sam for 5 rotten weeks, nor is it smart to sack a coach, now.

But as per usual, its fans on footy sites that want blood, go try it yourselves.
Sydney are not that bad. They'll look at it. So will the Magpies going to sleep in the last quarter, lucky for Pendlebury Pies actually fought out a win.

No offence but no one asked for some Hawk fans opinion after our worst loss since the early 80s

What a genuine breath of fresh air

If McCartin really needed to teach McDonald how to play in the backline then that's another indictment on the recruiters and coaching... like really?

Might as well have put Hamiling in, are we that bereft of KPD talent?

If McCartin really needed to teach McDonald how to play in the backline then that's another indictment on the recruiters and coaching... like really?

Its a indictment he is even there to begin with.

No offence but no one asked for some Hawk fans opinion after our worst loss since the early 80s
I actually liked what he had to say and thought his post was pretty reasonable without the crap so many other teams posters like to throw when your down.
Swans fans are hurting BIG TIME today and most are striking out, I might be Robinson Crusoe here, but I enjoyed reading a measured post from outside our own.

He wasnt teaching. It happened right in front of me. He was explaining the positioning he needed. It makes sense given that previously Logan has played spare rather than actually on a key forward. But it was more about positioning.

To be honest I was much more concerned about the impromptu tactics discussion between Parker heeney and I think it was Adams but might have been Warner on the half back flank while another port player was lining up a shot on goal on the third. They looked so completely lost in the sense of completely beeeft of a single idea

I like mcdonald but unless his hands get stronger he won’t make it as a key forward. Playing as an intercepting spoiling defender might end up being his

I know it’s still early but just too often he gets both hands to a ball and doesn’t hold it

In any case I know some are focussed on 71-0 but I can’t get over that even in the last quarter (which I have not watched because I’d left for the first ever time) they had 12 scoring shots to 4.

Nor can I get past the stat which is 110-10 in the last three quarters. I don’t know what the inside 50s would be but I reckon it would be about 60-10 and I think our opponents would have also kicked about 6 oof. The level of ineptitude simply is unfathomable.

There’d be stewards inquiries in racing. And tbh if the club isn’t conducting one now they should be. This is such a disaster and it’s squarely on the midfield.

Longmire won a flag in his second year with a list he got.

He has had numerous embarrassing losses in finals , started a year 0-6 and now is taking a top side to probably 7th and out.

He has 14 years and he no idea how to get them to start well, no idea what's wrong or how to fix it

Why persist ?

If he can't even win a final this year he is a waste of space ,
I will come back and eat humble pie but he isn't coaching a flag ever again

Sacking Longmire now would be the stupidest move in history. Get real. Seriously, this is just dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of points

Longmire is incapable of out coaching Ken Hinkley, let that one sink in. If we face them in a final we’re already fd

Does anyone think Brad Scott Damien Hardwick or Alastair Clarkson would allow their team to implode in such a manner?

We all know the answer, to suggest (as the happy clappers have been for some time), that he is anywhere near their level is laughable

Sacking Longmire now would be the stupidest move in history. Get real. Seriously, this is just dumb.

Why?

He is about to collapse more than any coach in league history and has had 14 years why's it stupid , he had no ideas

Let's keep doing the same thing every week and year it will change eventually I guess.

Yes he won't actually be sacked tomorrow ,
like I said thought the thread would be farked off

But he is on borrowed ****en time and should step down if this collapse finish the way it looks.
That will be too many embarrassing finishes to seasons

He’s not getting sacked now, but any result less than a premiership this year should see him shown the door

He should’ve been gone 5+ years ago

That's stupid too. No way does he get sacked if we finish top 4 or even top 8. We weren't even on the radar in terms of a premiership before the season started. One might even say that the first half of the season was a massive overachievement.

That's stupid too. No way does he get sacked if we finish top 4 or even top 8. We weren't even on the radar in terms of a premiership before the season started. One might even say that the first half of the season was a massive overachievement.

If you set the bar consistently low enough you can always clear it I guess.
what a bullshit spin

Why?

He is about to collapse more than any coach in league history and has had 14 years why's it stupid , he had no ideas

Let's keep doing the same thing every week and year it will change eventually I guess.

Yes he won't actually be sacked tomorrow ,
like I said thought the thread would be farked off

But he is on borrowed ****en time and should step down if this collapse finish the way it looks.
That will be too many embarrassing finishes to seasons

No sane club would change a coach 3 games before the finals with the side sitting first on the ladder. I can't even believe we're talking about it tbh.

Wth?

You should be a guest speaker at the Skilton not even Warne could spin that better.

He’s not getting sacked now, but any result less than a premiership this year should see him shown the door

He should’ve been gone 5+ years ago

This. He has overseen a team that routinely - routinely concedes 8-10 scoring shots per match in first quarters. He admits he has no idea how to deal with it. This is an abysmal result.

If the remainder of the season continues in this direction then it would be an exercise in stupidity to ignore the evidence.

Amazing bloke very good man manager terrible selector for big games and his teams get flogged repeatedly by the really good coaches. Whether that’s personnel or coaching no longer matters as he’s turned over the entire list

I get you're all disappointed after last night, but in the real world, AFL coaches don't get sacked while the team sits on top of the ladder with 3 games to go. Don't be morons ffs.

Wow you set a low bar

I suppose you think David Noble is a gun senior coach too, just a bit unlucky

I get you're all disappointed after last night, but in the real world, AFL coaches don't get sacked while the team sits on top of the ladder with 3 games to go. Don't be morons ffs.

We are aware he’s not getting sacked this week, but short of winning the 2024 premiership, he needs to go at seasons end

He should of gone around 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back