Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • monday

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intrusion but I don't leave the Sack Hinkley thread very often.

My impressions of Saturday night were I thought you guys looked a bit underdone. Do you think Horse might have decreased their running loads, bearing in mind how far you are/were clear and they will start to increase the running load going into the finals?

Thanks, makes sense.

I get why we are struggling with Plan C, as our talk marking targets do not regularly deliver.

Why are we struggling with Plan B? Too much oppo pressure? Not enough outside run to create options? We have so many good kicks in the team, so it doesn’t feel like Plan B should be something we naturally struggle with.
Mostly they have been working across the fullness of a game. Yes first quarters have been horrendous but once we adjust we have been able to get on top in most games up until recently.

On the weekend the work rate wasn’t there AND we couldn’t execute to save ourselves. Constantly turned it over and gave them another chance to maintain possession of the ball and then penetrate our already weakened defence and flog us in the air.

I agree

We haven’t solved the first quarters and it’s been a shocking 6 weeks of footy.

I’m wondering what is going on internally.
Well this is the concerning thing.
Who has lost trust with who?
On field & off field.
From top to bottom.
What’s going on.
I agree that there is something lurking in the background.

Sorry for the intrusion but I don't leave the Sack Hinkley thread very often.

My impressions of Saturday night were I thought you guys looked a bit underdone. Do you think Horse might have decreased their running loads, bearing in mind how far you are/were clear and they will start to increase the running load going into the finals?
Possibly but I imagine if that was the case, there would have been adjustments made last week.

I think whatever caused the performance on Saturday night was mainly between the ears, which is a familiar story under Longmire and has been his keyptonite for over a decade now unfortunately.

i know this will get deleted and i am being a bit of a prick but wow the side isn't this awful,
Yes, you are
Six weeks ago you would have been 100% behind Longmire and would never entertain this sort of sentiment

The year isn't over.
Just be glad you aren't a St Kilda supporter, or you would have killed yourself a long, long time ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, you are
Six weeks ago you would have been 100% behind Longmire and would never entertain this sort of sentiment

😂 Yep I have never questioned him......thanks rando

The year isn't over.
Just be glad you aren't a St Kilda supporter, or you would have killed yourself a long, long time ago
As someone coming from South Melbourne. I thank the gods everyday that I’m not a St. Kilda fan. Just read that they want to give Tarryn Thomas a second chance. How many chances does this guy need to have?

to be fair none of them have had a team 71-0 down....

but i agree broadly that every team has bad matches and bad runs of form. Both last year and 2017 when we got the cattle back we started to look good. Our cattle are a long way off atm

Round 23 2016 Sydney v Richmond
Half Time 93-12
Three Qtr 143-20
Final 164 to 51

2017 Richmond Premiers

Ok not 71-0, but just about an equally deplorable display.
Then in the premiership year of ‘17 we had a bad night in about Rd 17.

Half time: 92 - 10.

IMG_3350.jpeg

Then in the premiership year of ‘17 we had a bad night in about Rd 17.

Half time: 92 - 10.

View attachment 2072422
The tigers got shellshocked yeah, but they at least stood up after half time (they had 9.7 to 7.4 compared to our 4.3 to 9.8),

We got destroyed every single quarter and never looked close.

I'm not nearly as positive as everyone on seeing Richmond.

I remember watching that game, and yes they obliterated Richmond, but after half time there was dignity in Richmond, and deep down I knew that next time they faced off Richmond would win.

Our game had as much dignity as Harvey Weinstein.

I'm not nearly as positive as everyone on seeing Richmond.

I remember watching that game, and yes they obliterated Richmond, but after half time there was dignity in Richmond, and deep down I knew that next time they faced off Richmond would win.

Our game had as much dignity as Harvey Weinstein.
Brilliant analogy!

Most of the clubs are struggling for one reason or another. They are pretty even across the board these days.

Look how Hawthorn have improved lately. All the clubs are having losses though, so wouldn't get too worried about Sydney.

They (Sydney) still have a solid HOME Ground advantage a lot of weeks. Horse still got them going well really ?.

That seems more important than ever. Lions are getting some confidence at home , and just look at the Sun's go now too. Dimma got them winning well at home. It's too cold for the Buggers when fly out somewhere though :cool:

The tigers got shellshocked yeah, but they at least stood up after half time (they had 9.7 to 7.4 compared to our 4.3 to 9.8),

We got destroyed every single quarter and never looked close.
It was only really the last quarter rather than second half. The third was not that dissimilar to ours (5 goals to 3 for Richmond, 4 goals to 3 for us).

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back