Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • monday

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a ready made replacement for Longmire in Brandon Jack.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

I’m for Horse again after today’s swipe at Collingwood. About time someone from our club says what the fans think. I like it, more of this please Horse. No more Mr. Nice Team the Swans should be aiming for

I am sorry horse , delete the thread and extend him just for this

View attachment 2077105
Nice Kingy.
You see, I’ve had a little too much negativity on here lately, but when I see our club fight back in the media, it make me happier, win lose or draw.

Not enough of it as we are too nice.
He said exactly what we’ve all been thinking since Macrae made those comments.
Well done Horse. Now for the Bombers.
Let’s finish their years off one by one, now through to the Premiership.

Nice Kingy.
You see, I’ve had a little too much negativity on here lately, but when I see our club fight back in the media, it make me happier, win lose or draw.

Not enough of it as we are too nice.
He said exactly what we’ve all been thinking since Macrae made those comments.
Well done Horse. Now for the Bombers.
Let’s finish their years off one by one, now through to the Premiership.
The thing I really like about Horse is that he can jam it right up McRae without being smug or nasty or all the other unpleasant things that just make me wince. Pure straightforward logic. Calm. Beautiful.

The thing I really like about Horse is that he can jam it right up McRae without being smug or nasty or all the other unpleasant things that just make me wince. Pure straightforward logic. Calm. Beautiful.
Unlike me

View attachment 2077105

McRae gets a warning (read: minimalistic slap on the wrist) from the AFL.

Horse will likely cop a $5,000 fine for his rebuttal.

And the AFL will determine that due to the breach of protocol, Sydney must play its first final at the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 1986 and 87, we went out in straight sets without playing one final at the MCG or am I wrong?

We never got a home final they were all in VIC.

Even West Coast in 96 had to play a home semi at the MCG against Essendon for example

I think I'm correct in saying that the brilliant Lions of the early naughties had to play all their finals at the MCG.

Under the 1992–2004 contract, non-Victorian clubs were forced to play their home finals at the MCG on five occasions: 1993 (Preliminary Final, Adelaide vs Essendon), 1996 (First semi-final, West Coast vs Essendon), 1999 (First semi-final, West Coast vs Carlton), 2002 (Second semi-final, Adelaide vs Melbourne) and 2004 (Second Preliminary Final, Brisbane vs Geelong

I believe the current contract is a 5 year rolling one , so technically they could still make an interstate side play a home final in Melbourne? maybe I am wrong

View attachment 2077105
I liked how he repeated that phrase basically three times at the same presser.

Wonder how exactly Macrae’s whining about the umpires after his team loses fits into his whole “winners only” mantra that spruiks so often.

Under the 1992–2004 contract, non-Victorian clubs were forced to play their home finals at the MCG on five occasions: 1993 (Preliminary Final, Adelaide vs Essendon), 1996 (First semi-final, West Coast vs Essendon), 1999 (First semi-final, West Coast vs Carlton), 2002 (Second semi-final, Adelaide vs Melbourne) and 2004 (Second Preliminary Final, Brisbane vs Geelong

The 1993 Preliminary Final was correctly an Essendon home game as they were the higher ranked side (1st vs 5th) and came through the Qualifying Final rather than the Elimination Final.

I believe the current contract is a 5 year rolling one , so technically they could still make an interstate side play a home final in Melbourne? maybe I am wrong

This is correct and there is always a chance it could happen but would be highly unlikely to happen. A large reason why Geelong are forced to play Home Finals at the MCG.

The 1993 Preliminary Final was correctly an Essendon home game as they were the higher ranked side (1st vs 5th) and came through the Qualifying Final rather than the Elimination Final.

This is correct and there is always a chance it could happen but would be highly unlikely to happen. A large reason why Geelong are forced to play Home Finals at the MCG.

I just copied from Wikipedia for 93 but my understand was Adelaide went to week 2 and played Carlton for a spot in the grand final and took over as the higher ranked prelim side losing that game .

If Adelaide had of beaten Carlton they would have made the grand final and Carlton would have hosted Essendon (MCG anyway) after beating them week 1.

Wasn't that why they scrapped the shitty system they used, when North went out week 1 despite being third?

Anyway that's just how I remember so may be completely stuffed.

If they swans have to play say gws or Brisbane or Port or even freo at the mcg in a qualifying final then I wouldn't mind as its fair for both teams, well not really since all us south Melbourne supporters would be there. I say if there is a year to do that to the swans. now would be it since the swans haven't played the mcg for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back