Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • monday

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Season's not done yet but it's looking like the story of this year will be the same as every year for close to the last decade.

Horse simply can't get a good midfield going and it is going to cost us.

Unfortunately all the other stuff he is great at as a coach won't matter if we're getting bundled out of a final in a contested smashing once again.

Season's not done yet but it's looking like the story of this year will be the same as every year for close to the last decade.

Horse simply can't get a good midfield going and it is going to cost us.

Unfortunately all the other stuff he is great at as a coach won't matter if we're getting bundled out of a final in a contested smashing once again.
So, in your opinion we've already been bundled out of finals and you're turning up your toes and conceding defeat already?
Get a grip, how about you give the probable minor premiers a chance? Remember you are supposed to be a SUPPORTER of this club, yet you are announcing we are dead in the water with one round still left to play.

My God I hate this negative shit, let's just enjoy the ride. There will be plenty of time for all your negative crap if it plays out how you seem to be convinced it is going to be.

So, in your opinion we've already been bundled out of finals and you're turning up your toes and conceding defeat already?
Get a grip, how about you give the probable minor premiers a chance? Remember you are supposed to be a SUPPORTER of this club, yet you are announcing we are dead in the water with one round still left to play.

My God I hate this negative shit, let's just enjoy the ride. There will be plenty of time for all your negative crap if it plays out how you seem to be convinced it is going to be.

Now,now….do I have to use the spray bottle?

6DF853E3-29CA-4BE2-B91D-BC68DF07CD45.jpeg

Being a supporter doesn't mean one has to wear rose coloured glasses. If I looked at another team that had been average for two whole months of the season, I wouldn't be backing them for the flag, regardless of them finishing first on the ladder. I'm not gonna think differently just because it's now my team. I can hope differently!

The worst part is that it's now just the same issues that have been our undoing in the past rearing their head again. So there's an actual precedent that my negativity, it's not like it's just "bad vibes"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a supporter doesn't mean one has to wear rose coloured glasses. If I looked at another team that had been average for two whole months of the season, I wouldn't be backing them for the flag, regardless of them finishing first on the ladder. I'm not gonna think differently just because it's now my team. I can hope differently!

The worst part is that it's now just the same issues that have been our undoing in the past rearing their head again. So there's an actual precedent that my negativity, it's not like it's just "bad vibes"
No one is wearing rose coloured glasses or telling you that you have to, but the "it's looking like the story of this year will be the same as every year for close to the last decade" and "it is going to cost us" is nothing but negative shit.
So what team should, in your incredibly perfect outlook, be premiership favourites if not us? From what I've seen, this year more than any other, it's a very even field, though personally, I still think we are better than the rest.

I'm not saying don't criticize, it's the we ain't got a chance mentality that grinds my gears and you have that in spades.

Bake an apple pie?
american pie this one time at band camp GIF by IFC

No one is wearing rose coloured glasses or telling you that you have to, but the "it's looking like the story of this year will be the same as every year for close to the last decade" and "it is going to cost us" is nothing but negative shit.
So what team should, in your incredibly perfect outlook, be premiership favourites if not us? From what I've seen, this year more than any other, it's a very even field, though personally, I still think we are better than the rest.

I'm not saying don't criticize, it's the we ain't got a chance mentality that grinds my gears and you have that in spades.
Isn't me saying "the season's not done" and "it's looking like" and "IF we get bundled out" me basically saying nothing's certain yet and there is still a chance?

I think not being optimistic doesn't have to equal not having any hope or faith whatsoever.

If I thought we were zero chance and the season was over then I would've just said that. I'm not one for mincing my words Jewels!

Isn't me saying "the season's not done" and "it's looking like" and "IF we get bundled out" me basically saying nothing's certain yet and there is still a chance?

I think not being optimistic doesn't have to equal not having any hope or faith whatsoever.

If I thought we were zero chance and the season was over then I would've just said that. I'm not one for mincing my words Jewels!
And neither am I - that was a negative post and you know it.
Of course nothing's certain, it wouldn't be CERTAIN even if we were 22-0 and had won each game by 100, but in my humble opinion we are as good a chance as any to win it and have put ourselves in the best possible position to do so.

Our top 3 mids have 250+ coaches votes between them, have been the most dominant unit in footy this season, have us minor premiers, our ruck is the recruit of the year, but Horse "can't get them going"

And neither am I - that was a negative post and you know it.
Of course nothing's certain, it wouldn't be CERTAIN even if we were 22-0 and had won each game by 100, but in my humble opinion we are as good a chance as any to win it and have put ourselves in the best possible position to do so.
It was negative and I meant it to be negative, but it's not hopeless.

As Rod Stewart says, still I look to find a reason to believe... I think it's the kind of year where no matter who wins the flag, their win will defy conventional wisdom. ie. No one's really "looked the part" of a typical flag side and all had longer-than-usual periods of mediocrity. So thinking positively... maybe we will be that team!

It's an unwinnable argument as it's personality vs personality so will never change.

Some, after a bad form slump, will say 'that's end of season we are F$%ked' and others will say 'it's ok, I believe we'll get better and turn it around before it's too late'. Hell, some were saying 2 wins in a row ago that we won't win another game this year! I don't get that mindset & it infuriates me, but what do you do?...they aren't me.
I know who I'd want as motivational speakers for a club needing a spark when the chips are down...
those always erring on the side of hope and dreaming big. Not dwelling on the negatives as that sh!t sticks.

IF we do somehow win this goddamn thing in 2024 I know I will have enjoyed the ride all the way....what a bumper season we've had with all it's high ups and (lesser) low downs! If we don't achieve the grand prize I'll be freaken upset that it's a waste of a great season & minor prem, but glad I enjoyed the ride along the way ... & luckier than most other oppo club supporters who rarely see sustained higher level success and finals participation as we bloods faithful thankfully do.

Ignore him Jewelsbon... he's got the colliwobbles! It runs rife on this board towards the end of the season and it'll get worse as we head into finals. They are so afraid of losing that they can't enjoy the wins, and lose the plot under the pressure of front running.

I'm with you 100% and had my say yesterday too! To me it borders on trolling your own team, but that is not how the board sees it... Nothing we can do, so I just skip reading this type of post, and have much less faith in their credibility in future...

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back