Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • monday

Votes: 33 42.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You may say the grass is greener on the other side but I can see other teams being better next year. Emerging teams like the Hawks and Dogs, Lions will get even better, Cats might add Bailey Smith. Giants still ironing out a few kinks maybe...

No guarantee of us getting back to the big dance again next season. With it being a contract year, things are not looking flash. Could be a lame duck year. 8th won't achieve anything.

My posts earlier this year were deleted.

Not nasty. Just funny.

Horse is like the mods. Happy with passing mediocracy.

I am done.

Getting smashed over and over again by sub par frauds is enough.

Catch you never.

What a ****ing joke.

Thank you for your kind words. With all due respect, 2 grand final losses 22 years apart with two premiership on either side of 1998 is much easier to swallow than shitting the bed in 2014, 2016, 2022 and 2024.
Unfortunately it's just the way it goes it's who is better on the day. Sydney were the best side all season it's why they finished on top, but GF day as you know anything can happen. I'm not even a Sydney supporter and I'm shitty.

If we were going to move on a coach in the next two years then Horse might as well go now. Different if we had of won. There is no point sticking with a bloke who can't get the best out of the playing ground.

Id be tapping Chocco Williams on the shoulder.

Get rid of Kirk and McVeigh and move Cox to WCE.

We need a bid broom through the coaching ranks.

If we were going to move on a coach in the next two years then Horse might as well go now. Different if we had of won. There is no point sticking with a bloke who can't get the best out of the playing ground.

Id be tapping Chocco Williams on the shoulder.

Get rid of Kirk and McVeigh and move Cox to WCE.

We need a bid broom through the coaching ranks.

Williams has been out of the game too long. I don't think he has the tactical knowledge anymore.

The entire year we've been begging for Horse to fix the atrocious 1st quarters and he did.

I think he genuinely forgot that there are another 3 quarters after the first.

We've been flogged in GF under Horse, he's the constant. He's just not good enough for GF. Need to transition to Cox or someone else. Tactically outclassed, team selection once again an issue with Logan being picked injured.

The funny thing is 10 years ago our game was entirely based upon grunt, hardness, stoppage and defence.

We could barely score 80 points most weeks and many on this board bemoaned how ugly and dour our game was. How we were too slow and lacked foot skills.

Horse and the coaching staff have seemingly over corrected now and we have plenty of speed and silky skills but not enough of the grunt and the hardness in the team.

The funny thing is 10 years ago our game was entirely based upon grunt, hardness, stoppage and defence.

Horse and the coaching staff have seemingly over corrected now and we have plenty of speed and silky skills but not enough of the grunt and the hardness in the team.
I think we are all struggling to grasp what is going on lol. 2014 and 2024 are such different sides only to end up with the exact same result. Especially this year where it seemed like everything finally broke our way.

What a strange, strange club on GF day.

We could barely score 80 points most weeks and many on this board bemoaned how ugly and dour our game was. How we were too slow and lacked foot skills.

They certainly have a lot of hardness, I don't think that's lacking, I wonder how much has to do with playing at the SCG where they have a game plan all set out and then go and play at the MCG. Victorian teams struggle in WA with the dimensions. It may sound a bit weird but sometimes the surroundings can have an effect.

I think we are all struggling to grasp what is going on lol. 2014 and 2024 are such different sides only to end up with the exact same result. Especially this year where it seemed like everything finally broke our way.

What a strange, strange club on GF day.
There are two constants ?

Maybe three if you count McVeigh

You may say the grass is greener on the other side but I can see other teams being better next year. Emerging teams like the Hawks and Dogs, Lions will get even better, Cats might add Bailey Smith. Giants still ironing out a few kinks maybe...

No guarantee of us getting back to the big dance again next season. With it being a contract year, things are not looking flash. Could be a lame duck year. 8th won't achieve anything.
Maybe we need to be that underdog and try to win from outside the 4. No expectation, go in with momentum.

But agreed, it could be a 'meh' year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2016 we played an unfit McVeigh and Mills.

In 2022, we dropped a fit McDonald for a clearly unfit Sam Reid.

In 2024 we applauded the fact the hard call was made on Mills and yet as a result, we were blind to the fact that out of a sense of guilt for making the wrong call in 2022, Horse played a clearly unfit McDonald when the perfectly fit Adams or Cleary sat watching on.

This alone shows Longmire's judgement when the pressure is on is clouded by his own personal relationships with players.

Make the call and walk.

Last edited:
Well, well, well

Horse gets rid of Mitchell, doesn't play Adams, Parker through the middle. Didn't want to play okeefe.

Every grand final we get flogged it's through the middle. In center clearances. Yes there was no want for the ball or pressure.

Horse clearly under rates ball getters. Rely too much on turn overs.
Horse cannot manage a game can manage players but on match day has nothing.

The treatment of Adams and Parker is disgraceful. Having them feed the ball to the heeneys, gulden, Warner's, florets and Mecca's. Is what we needed today the rest would sort itself out. Horse really has no glue.

Time to pack up and f...k off you have destroyed a denisty at the swans.

We have had the best cars but literally noone driving them.

We have let a really good oppurtunity go. Not once but more. 2016 we were the best team, 2014 we were the best team. 2022 maybe was a big ask, but we didn't even contest. 2024 we were the best team and we were put to the sword.

F..k off horse

I've had time to calm down, and I'm still angry. 14, 16, 22 and 24 were all chances, and in reality, we should have at least been 2-2 on those, potentially 3-1. But to be 0-4 on those is unforgivable. If I performed like that at work I'd be gone after being 0-2. Yes the players are also to blame, but sadly my prediction that horse will never win a GF is coming true. Time to go. An average losing margin of 56.5 is an absolute failure

I've had time to calm down, and I'm still angry. 14, 16, 22 and 24 were all chances, and in reality, we should have at least been 2-2 on those, potentially 3-1. But to be 0-4 on those is unforgivable. If I performed like that at work I'd be gone after being 0-2. Yes the players are also to blame, but sadly my prediction that horse will never win a GF is coming true. Time to go. An average losing margin of 56.5 is an absolute failure
OK, I'm still angry. We had everything for us today, and still couldn't get over the line. Thus sucks.

As an aside from Longmire for a moment.

Paul Roos surely has to go down as a modern coaching legend. Built a premiership winning team and culture that broke a 72 year drought, mainly focusing on finding the optimal roles for undervalued players. Rebuilt the list to return the team to premiership contention, set up a succession plan and his successor was able to finish the job.

Then to prove that it wasn't all a fluke, he goes to a perennial rabble Melbourne to build a list and culture from the ground up so that his successor can win a premiership with his list.

Pretty special feat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back