Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • monday

Votes: 34 42.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is that we got to the top of H&A by relying on other teams mistakes.

This works great until it doesn't.

Need to be able to win it on our own and not rely on opposition turnovers.

Need to be able to win it on our own and not rely on opposition turnovers.

Very very true. He doesn't do it as much anymore but I hated Longmire's strategy of "absorbing pressure" where he would allow inside 50 after inside 50 into our defence, banking on us being able to stop it and then launch an attack eventually. It worked fine against the lesser teams but doing that against the top teams with powerful midfields and forward lines was just asking for trouble.

With all due respect, I think the problem is the list and the SCG. Your best 22 has incredibly high end talent but after those best 8 or 9, it drops off compared to, in this case, Brisbane's best 22. On the shorter SCG, your dynamic high end midfield talent is very dangerous. Other teams get stifled on the small ground.

I could spend the time going through the list, but this is an admittedly subjective opinion, so feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong. One that sticks out is Logan McDonald - I mean, he kicked 37 goals and 24 behinds in 26 games this season, which is not a disaster, but he doesn't seem to be able to do it when it matters. Today he was obviously injured. Still. Amartey is a rung below. The Lizard just doesn't get enough of the pill. You need him to have 15 rebound possessions a game that includes 8-10 >50m runs and deliveries onto the wing or half forward, not the 2 or 3 we have seen in the finals this year.

Heeney's flare up aside, the rest of your guns underfired today, and your talls lost the aerial battle unlike against Port in the Prelim, where they were arguably the difference throughout the middle part of that game.

Chin up, at least you're always up in contention and indeed will be again next year. Rampe spoke well.

Wanna send Horse our way?

With all due respect, I think the problem is the list and the SCG. Your best 22 has incredibly high end talent but after those best 8 or 9, it drops off compared to, in this case, Brisbane's best 22. On the shorter SCG, your dynamic high end midfield talent is very dangerous. Other teams get stifled on the small ground.

I could spend the time going through the list, but this is an admittedly subjective opinion, so feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong. One that sticks out is Logan McDonald - I mean, he kicked 37 goals and 24 behinds in 26 games this season, which is not a disaster, but he doesn't seem to be able to do it when it matters. Today he was obviously injured. Still. Amartey is a rung below. The Lizard just doesn't get enough of the pill. You need him to have 15 rebound possessions a game that includes 8-10 >50m runs and deliveries onto the wing or half forward, not the 2 or 3 we have seen in the finals this year.

Heeney's flare up aside, the rest of your guns underfired today, and your talls lost the aerial battle unlike against Port in the Prelim, where they were arguably the difference throughout the middle part of that game.

Chin up, at least you're always up in contention and indeed will be again next year. Rampe spoke well.

Wanna send Horse our way?
Yes, please take Horse haha.

If a succession plan involving Cox is what they have in mind, then implement it now. Get rid of Macca, get rid of Kirk. We got a lot of talent in our list and we need to tap into it now. Horse had his opportunities to win with a great list 10 years ago, but ****ed it. Now he is ****ing this one up too. Make the call and sack him ffs.

I'm biting my tongue at the moment...

But I really lost faith after the carry on when Heeney got suspended for one week (which was completely justified) and the club carried on like they were holier than though. One week for breaking a blokes nose? Just move on.

Was just embarrassing. Tom Harley is a complete ****ing moron. Corporate suck hole.

Today summed it up when Rampe decided he needed to mention realestate.com.. what a ****ing joke.

The club has sold it's soul..same as the Wallabies. To some north shore corporate flogs.

Won't end well with Harley there. Wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back