Roast Sack Horse

Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 70 64.2%
  • monday

Votes: 39 35.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse talking about making grand finals being an achievement is the biggest cop out ever. The fact that we got absolutely belted in 3 of the last 4 voids the argument.

If you make the grand final and you're competitive and lose to the better team on the day, fair play, fans can accept that. But 3 beltings, and that's considered an achievement? If he truly believes that, then he's delusional and thats probably part of the problem.

Can someone name a coach that has a poorer grand final record?

Since 1990, we have 3 of the 10 worst defeats in 35 grand finals.

I'll happily debate anyone who thinks Horse didn't inherit the 2012 flag.

Horse talking about making grand finals being an achievement is the biggest cop out ever. The fact that we got absolutely belted in 3 of the last 4 voids the argument.

If you make the grand final and you're competitive and lose to the better team on the day, fair play, fans can accept that. But 3 beltings, and that's considered an achievement? If he truly believes that, then he's delusional and thats probably part of the problem.

The only coaches with a comparable poor record are Ross Lyon- 4 grand finals for 0 wins (had the draw) and Rodney Eade coached more than Horse for no premierships at all.

Other coaches get shipped off or walk- like Blight did from Geelong , Horse could here and maybe a fresh start elsewhere helps him too.

When you go through a full of list of players several times and the same results occur it cant be anything else other than coaching/instructions right?? i dunno seems a massive coincidence.

This club has had only 37 players play 200 games or more in its history.

Horse has coached 15 of them . Remember that's 37 in 138 years and he has almost half.

The only coaches with a comparable poor record are Ross Lyon- 4 grand finals for 0 wins (had the draw) and Rodney Eade coached more than Horse for no premierships at all.

Other coaches get shipped off or walk- like Blight did from Geelong , Horse could here and maybe a fresh start elsewhere helps him too.
It almost feels as though Horse has made just about every error he could have made and will (or should) be better for it. I just don't have trust that he will based on past experience.

He'll get another gig elsewhere if he wants it, and will probably have some success. I just feel as though he's had his chances with us and think it's time for someone new after 2025.

I can't see this team winning next year unless there's a significant change in the make up of our best 22. We have too many players who crumble when the stakes get too high.

This club has had only 37 players play 200 games or more in its history.

Horse has coached 15 of them . Remember that's 37 in 138 years and he has almost half.
I dont think we can read too much into that. Given AFL has become much more professional over the last 3 decades, I'd expect other clubs to be similar in that respect.

You'd have to do a comparison against other clubs during the same period to ascertain whether its a meaningful stat.

There's no doubt he's been in charge of very talented lists in his time though.

I dont think we can read too much into that. Given AFL has become much more professional over the last 3 decades, I'd expect other clubs to be similar in that respect.

You'd have to do a comparison against other clubs during the same period to ascertain whether its a meaningful stat.

There's no doubt he's been in charge of very talented lists in his time though.

Maybe I guess my point being even allowing for that we have had arguably the most talent we have ever hard the last 10 years.

Well in my opinion at least

If you make the grand final and you're competitive and lose to the better team on the day, fair play, fans can accept that.
But 3 beltings, and that's considered an achievement? If he truly believes that, then he's delusional and thats probably part of the problem.

This! Go look at Brisbane fans last year, they would have been disappointed and upset but not angry or frustrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back